Who will win the men's singles outright?

• Wang Hao

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Jun Mizutani

• Xu Xin

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Wang Liqin

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Joo Se Hyuk

• Chuang Chih Yuan

• Other - Leave a comment below on who this player is

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
@Rhydian : Ma Lin is not at all arrogant just that his "game face" looks that way ...
I am not sure but probably you are thinking so because he did not attempt to block some of the wide forehand cross courts from Long. But that is the way he plays. He is a master of the third ball attack and plays from the back hand corner like traditional penhholders. Time and again I have seen him give up on wide cross courts if he thinks he cannot get it, so that is not something to judge him by.
... check out the reportage on Ma Lin and you will get a sneak peek into his thinking , I have never seen a guy apologize because he got into the team even after being beaten :) ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Haven't watch the whole match of Ma Lin vs Ma Long yet, didn't watch it live before I totally missed it by accidentally. But after watched the short form, Ma Lin just play like his young days with additional improvement of BRP. You can see that a few execution of attack right after serving did put a lot of pressure on Ma Long for how to return his serve. This just same as the old days of 1999 WTTC on how he won Waldner.