Who will win the men's singles outright?

• Wang Hao

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Jun Mizutani

• Xu Xin

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Wang Liqin

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Joo Se Hyuk

• Chuang Chih Yuan

• Other - Leave a comment below on who this player is

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
So, Dan, you're saying that Ma Long is gonna win Wimbledon? :D
No, seriously, I'm really excited about these tournaments :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
A lot of people like Ma Long because he is fun to watch. I love watching Ma Long. If his backhand and his intelligence and strategy catch up to his forehand nobody stands a chance. :) I would love to see Ma Long vs Xu Xin. That would be my choice. I love both of them. But I think it will be Zhang Jike and Wang Hao again. I think, tactically, they are the two smartest players and I think they are the best at serve and receive which is where most of the points are won or lost. With the top players though, anyone could win on any given day. There is no clearly dominant player in the top 6 or 7.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
The maestro beat Ma Long finally since 2008...he was in another league. Leading ma Long in game 5, though the younger player showed great resilience to claw back and winning the 5th. The 6th and d final set was all Ma Lin. Excellent quality match, and it was worth staying at home rather than going out to do the groceries with the missus, and she's not pleased with it hahaha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Man, I must say, the outcome of the men's singles finals was a surprising, but pleasant one. Ma Lin hardly ever beats Ma Long these days, so it was definitely a welcome change. When Ma Lin's playing at this top, he is the epitome of all that makes penhold style great.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I think Ma Long is coming back. Played really well. Unfortunately he didn't win these China Open 2011.
The funny thing is that Ma Lin won and nobody voted for him xD He played good too but I had the impression that he wasn't playing at 100% and with an attitude like: "He's too bad, I'm gonna win without problem" Something in that way.. Looked like a bit arrogant to me ... (Ma Lin fans (I think there aren't many here ^^) don't get offended ^^)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Rhy I am a big Ma Lin fan he is my second favourite after Ma Long but all in all all chinese players a badasses and freakin' cool
I had a completly different impression of Ma Lin today: he was very calm ( for his standards?) and he grimaced very often but he didnt look arogant to me :)
Every has a different opinion and this is good otherwise we would not hold this discussion and we would never get in contact but through table tennis everything is possible ! :D

It was a great match and my friend who dont understand table tennis that much was amazed by the MA's

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hey ;D
I'm not saying that he was arrogant during the whole match, but in some sequences he was (for me ^^)
Yeah, he was very calm and consistent. He knew what he was doing and what he should do.
I didn't watch the whole match, only the highlights. Amazing ^^

Yeah, you're right. That's what makes a sport :) Different opinions and fair play! That's what I like. ;D