Cho!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
All this being said, I like the comedy of Der_'s comments and, like Der_, I think we should cut Archie some slack because, we know he forgets the difference between theory, fantasy and reality and he is still a good kid who loves to play and likes being part of the clique.

So even though he sometimes forgets he doesn't really know what he's talking about, his heart is in the right place and he is a pretty good kid.

I'd have him on my team in a doubles match even if we lost bad. Der_Echte would be able to play with him as doubles partner and take on two 2000+ players and still win because of his magical teamwork skillzzzz in doubles. And I have seen that in action. The other team would be convinced Archie was 3 levels higher than he is with Der_ as a doubles partner because of how good Der_ is at setting his partner up.

[emoji2]

My money says the would be able to win lots o' chicken 'n beer bets.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

This user has no status.
I've only posted a couple times on the forums and I know Cho is one of those things that's probably been discussed in detail elsewhere. I appreciate Archo's attempt to explain but it seems like every time I see one of his comments somewhere everyone is quick to jump in and refute whatever he said haha

Reactions: NextLevel
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tyler, you really needed to have been on TTD the last year to know, but that is OK, everyone has to join sometime.

Trust us. Archo says a lot of dumb shyt to the extent of the graphic comparison I made a few posts ago. Many of us know where Archo's heart is at and some of us know his level. Heck, when I was only 4 levels above Archo as a rec player, I had a lot of members of another major forum liking the way I did TT rubber reviews... and I was still a recreational player.... who didn't know a lot about TT, but I sure as heck was quick and eager to talk about it on the forums.

Saying dumb shyt on the internet while still a teenager and trying to help people out and fit in are about the biggest things we have in the case against Archo.

If that is the worst evidence we have against Archo's character, we can make a reasonable person standard judgment that Archo isn't a bad dude.

You will form your own opinion with more time and exposure.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
All this being said, I like the comedy of Der_'s comments and, like Der_, I think we should cut Archie some slack because, we know he forgets the difference between theory, fantasy and reality and he is still a good kid who loves to play and likes being part of the clique.

So even though he sometimes forgets he doesn't really know what he's talking about, his heart is in the right place and he is a pretty good kid.

I'd have him on my team in a doubles match even if we lost bad. Der_Echte would be able to play with him as doubles partner and take on two 2000+ players and still win because of his magical teamwork skillzzzz in doubles. And I have seen that in action. The other team would be convinced Archie was 3 levels higher than he is with Der_ as a doubles partner because of how good Der_ is at setting his partner up.

[emoji2]

My money says the would be able to win lots o' chicken 'n beer bets.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

Yes, I am a good doubles player, perhaps my true level at doubles is much higher than my singles level. Still, no matter how good I serve and get a long underspin from my opponent, if my partner does not attack it, but pushes it back and opponent is waiting to crush that ball back to the factory in China... it is for nothing. If my partner cannot serve low and short to avoid an easy attack and fails to mix it up, Team with Der_Echte is doomed. Even so, I love playing doubles.

Still, I do have positive influences on my doubles partners. If they can expect a long underspin ball and are able to make a very spinny slow ball, we will win the point or I will clean up the return with a smash that will make the opponents want to quit the sport entirely. if my partner can serve and give me a long ball that is not a strong atttack, I will open up on that ball like Rambo himself.

Those are the common situations where I am an asset and a combat multiplier for my doubles partner. Carl has seen this first hand, but is so enamored with my ability to make a lower rated player look good by presenting him opportunities to make shots he is already high percentage in, he misses the point sometimes. if I cannot get my partner to be competent in three things, then I will not be bale to do much at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
As a Chinese person, I find this to be one of the dumbest threads I've seen. Along with the dumbest comments.

Really? You think Google Translate will help you?

Personally, I think "cho" and "chole" probably stem from an inside joke that we all don't know about, because they definitely don't have any meaning in Mandarin, or in any of the dialects I know of.

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Every top player chos!! Not only Chinese playes! But the sound may be different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
As an English speaker, I find this discussion fraught with misinformation. Everyone knows CHO means Carbohydrate. Full stop.

So quite yelling "CARBS!" during our match.

I'm doing this now. Thank you

But hydrates contain 2 hydrogen molecules so cho would be aldehyde

-shuki the fun killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm doing this now. Thank you

But hydrates contain 2 hydrogen molecules so cho would be aldehyde

-shuki the fun killer

Haha, look at Shuki with the fancy pants! Of course that's correct...rather they all have at least 2 hydrogen atoms (not molecules hee hee).

CHO is just the general medical and scientific abbreviation for ALL carbohydrates, based on the empirical formula, but not the formula itself. In part because there are many types of carbs with different amounts of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen, but they all contain some amount of C,H, and O, hence the abbreviation.

It's really just short-hand for charting and documentation purposes so one can generally talk about the carb group as a whole, because nobody needs to specify formulaic carb types outside of the lab. So if you look at medical charting, 'CHO' is the norm.