Cleaning tacky and hybrid rubbers

I got myself some BTY G09C sheets and I wonder how I shall clean them. I’m not used to tacky rubbers. I have always avoid them because of their tendency to pick up dust…

Is it OK to use a TT cleaner liquid?
Or is plain water better?

I will be using protective sheets inside the case. That’s probably a must.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Just put some distilled water in a spray bottle. Mist some on the rubber and use a microfiber cloth or sponge to wipe off. After its dry use one of those non-sticky protector sheets (made of vinyl). I use the rubber roller tube thing to make sure there are no air bubbles in between film and rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Just put some distilled water in a spray bottle. Mist some on the rubber and use a microfiber cloth or sponge to wipe off. After its dry use one of those non-sticky protector sheets (made of vinyl). I use the rubber roller tube thing to make sure there are no air bubbles in between film and rubber.
I agree. Even though I think it’s not necessary to use distilled water. I use normal water with great results

Reactions: lodro and Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
The fact is that different cleaning products have a different composition and some of them can reduce stickiness. All this is determined experimentally, and if you have expensive and new equipment, then in fact the main task is not to spoil it with these experiments. A simple clean water with a soft sponge will help to remove dirt from the rubber surface. In different regions, the quality of water from the tap is different, there is highly chlorinated water or the presence of a large amount of calcium salts, which can adversely affect rubber, so Turbozed recommended distilled water. The protective film is important because it prevents the rubber surface from oxidizing and drying out. It is very important to allow the rubber surface to dry completely before applying the film, if this is not done, light spots may appear in the place where moisture has remained.

This user has no status.
The fact is that different cleaning products have a different composition and some of them can reduce stickiness. All this is determined experimentally, and if you have expensive and new equipment, then in fact the main task is not to spoil it with these experiments. A simple clean water with a soft sponge will help to remove dirt from the rubber surface. In different regions, the quality of water from the tap is different, there is highly chlorinated water or the presence of a large amount of calcium salts, which can adversely affect rubber, so Turbozed recommended distilled water. The protective film is important because it prevents the rubber surface from oxidizing and drying out. It is very important to allow the rubber surface to dry completely before applying the film, if this is not done, light spots may appear in the place where moisture has remained.

Exactly.
I usually dont do anything besides the protective sheet and breath>wipe my rubbers. If i put them away, because i test some other rubbers and return to them later. i glue them on and clean them with tapwater and dry them with my tt-cleaningsponge. That is enough for 99% of the rubbers i needed to clean.

Reactions: Choosikick
What are the best protective sheets for these tacky rubbers? The sheet that was on the rubber when new it's starting to get dirty and full of dust
Clean it and let it dry.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: NextLevel
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Non tacky is much easier to keep clean. .Europian citizens all dislike dirty job 😜🤪😝

says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
May 2021
I got myself some BTY G09C sheets and I wonder how I shall clean them. I’m not used to tacky rubbers. I have always avoid them because of their tendency to pick up dust…

Is it OK to use a TT cleaner liquid?
Or is plain water better?

I will be using protective sheets inside the case. That’s probably a must.

Cheers
L-zr

Any TT cleaner is goood enough.

If you decided to use water, make sure it's distilled, or non-mineral water. Simply said, pure water.

Also, make sure the sponge used for wiping off the cleaner/water is clean.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Is it possible that the sticky sheets remove some of the chemicals with which the tacky topsheets are treated? I've often wondered this, but then so many players use sticky sheets on tacky rubber as a permanent routine. Are they all getting it wrong?

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Reading this thread I refreshed my memory how my dad told me just to spit on the rubber and cover with the sheet cut out of the rubber's package. And nothing wrong, sticky rubbers remained sticky. Now I clean them just with water and the sponge but what a memory