Common Sense Rubbers

This user has no status.
What sort of rubbers would one determine as common sense rubbers- that is rubber that is spinny, not too spin insensitive, easy to use, and high control for the modern spin attacking game for maybe USATT 1600- 2200. Ideally the rubber would not hold back the user, but also not make it difficult to use that the user will need to play very precisely. Additionally if it's very durable that's even better. Reading through this forum these are possible candidates, but I'm curious as to your specific thoughts on these or others not listed

Nittaku Fastarc G-1
Butterfly Rozena
Xiom Vega Pro/X
Nittaku Sieger PK50
Yasaka Rakza 7
Yasaka Rakza Z
Donic Acuda S2
Donic Blue Grip C2
Andro Rasanter
Yinhe Big Dipper
Tibhar Aurus Prime
DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Not very forgiving and very spin sensitive

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Any of the XIOM Omega V rubbers are very easy to use, they give decent reward from the shots and dont have bad consequences if you dont use good technique, the XIOM Vega rubbers are also quite good and easy to play with but the softer ones are the best, the Omega VII rubbers can be quite unforgiving but have high reward if you have good technique.
So overall the Omega V rubbers sound like good candidates for this list but you may also like Vega Europe as it is very soft, very spinny and easy to play

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
What sort of rubbers would one determine as common sense rubbers- that is rubber that is spinny, not too spin insensitive, easy to use, and high control for the modern spin attacking game for maybe USATT 1200- 2200. Ideally the rubber would not hold back the user, but also not make it difficult to use that the user will need to play very precisely. Reading through this forum these are possible candidates, but I'm curious as to your specific thoughts on these or others not listed

Nittaku Fastarc G-1
Nittaku Sieger PK50
Yasaka Rakza 7
Yasaka Rakza Z
Donic Acuda S2
Donic Blue Grip C2
DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
Andro Rasanter
Yinhe Big Dipper
Tibhar Aurus Prime
H3 Neo is not a forgiving rubber, at least on passive strokes.

Reactions: allfj and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
What sort of rubbers would one determine as common sense rubbers- that is rubber that is spinny, not too spin insensitive, easy to use, and high control for the modern spin attacking game for maybe USATT 1200- 2200. Ideally the rubber would not hold back the user, but also not make it difficult to use that the user will need to play very precisely. Reading through this forum these are possible candidates, but I'm curious as to your specific thoughts on these or others not listed

Nittaku Fastarc G-1
Nittaku Sieger PK50
Yasaka Rakza 7
Yasaka Rakza Z
Donic Acuda S2
Donic Blue Grip C2
DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
Andro Rasanter
Yinhe Big Dipper
Tibhar Aurus Prime
There are lots of rubbers in this class, all largely made before the plastic ball. Donic Baracuda is very spin sensitive, but not fast. There are also Andro Hexer, Tibhar Genius, Xiom Vega Pro (all the same generation as Rakza 7 or Fastarc G1) and even some of the softer versions of these rubbers (Fastarc C1 is not bad either, I personally think G1 is a bit advanced but at least it isn't MX-P). Some would argue the same for all the rubbers I listed so as I said, it is a relatively personal thing.

That said, I think even for relative beginners, there are some who play physical and active styles where the faster stuff makes some sense. But for learning patient topspinning with relatively reasonable and consistent effort, most of the modern rubbers people are buying and using encourage technique that they cannot maintain without a lot of training. That said, if you enjoy playing with what you use, play with it, it is your money anyways...

Last edited:
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
This is common sense rubber:
860AE6FB-9F44-4B0E-9989-10C97ABC952B.jpeg

This is the one you truly want & desire:
797716C6-14D9-4D45-9683-2A96082FF567.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
So many opinions. An endless supply of opinions without real data to back them up.
Since getting real data is unlikely, one must really ask "what can I do with rubber A that I can't do with rubber B"
Chances are you can do some things better with rubber A and some other things better with rubber B.
What you must do is look at how you play today and what things you need to do the most and give preference to that rubber that will let you do what you need to do more often.

I dare anybody to define BEST.
Engineers have algorithms for calculating "best" given a set of rules or criteria. The problem is that often the engineers can't agree on the weighting or priority of those rules.

So TT players aren't alone in the effort to define "best" or "optimal"

People are adaptable. The rubbers list above are probably good enough for most people because people can adapt.
BTW, I like H3 Neo and Rakza 7. They are different. I can adapt and play with either. Vega Pro isn't listed. It is just a little slower than Rakza 7 but very similar. What can I do with Rakza 7 that I can't do with the other rubbers? NOTHING!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
How does Rozena compare to the other kinds of rubber in its class that you'd say Rozena is the obvious choice?
I can only compare it to higher performance rubbers like Tenergy series, Dignics, C48, MX-P etc - in comparison to these it is a little more restrained and I have found it easier to use, allowing me to hit fuller strokes without fear of the ball going long. I have however found it plenty spinny enough and plenty fast enough (on my Violin, so 5 ply)

I love the feel of T05 and the spin, speed and quality it imparts to a well hit shot, and to me, Rozena gives me 75%+ of that quality but a Lot more of the time (when I am not optimally positioned or dont strike the ball quite as well as I’d like)

Reactions: PakDa1988
Noisy Yasaka Mark V. Most forgiving rubber on this planet, even if you try to hit it out it still barely hits the table😆
You better boost your breakfast cereals… 😄
I don’t understand why so many people rack down on Mark V. I honestly don’t know if this a positive or negative post.

Mark V is a perfect rubber for a developing beginner. A really good topsheet, long lasting relatively spin insensitive. You can put on decent spin yourself too. Change the sponge (Mark V HPS) and you have a better rubber than low end ESN…

My trading buddy plays with 1.5 Mark V on a Yasaka defensive. Has no problem putting a decent speed on the ball even though he is a defensive player at heart.
He can also put great spin on the ball both over and under spin.

Cheers
L-zr

Jan 2023
You better boost your breakfast cereals… 😄
I don’t understand why so many people rack down on Mark V. I honestly don’t know if this a positive or negative post.

Mark V is a perfect rubber for a developing beginner. A really good topsheet, long lasting relatively spin insensitive. You can put on decent spin yourself too. Change the sponge (Mark V HPS) and you have a better rubber than low end ESN…

My trading buddy plays with 1.5 Mark V on a Yasaka defensive. Has no problem putting a decent speed on the ball even though he is a defensive player at heart.
He can also put great spin on the ball both over and under spin.

Cheers
L-zr
Surely there's a 10 dollar Chinese rubber that can offer developing beginners what Mark V offers (maybe except thin sponge).

Reactions: Choosikick
If the rubber lasts too long, I don't have an excuse to EJ :D
It would be better for you to stick with the same equipment longer. Ej-ing is only good for manufacturers… 😉

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: JBH7
Jan 2023
you know, these EJ-ing illness, some times these guys are very clever.
They can buy, use, sell and not make a loss.
As a left-handed penholder who sands the blade and not living in Asia, I have next to zero chance of re-selling anything... I only know two other penholders in my city.