Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 16 reviews
😂 Love that description.

Shame it wasn’t abusive when I played last night.

Wouldn’t have scared a baby!

Everyone has off days - this is the guy I was thinking about when I made the comp - he is holding back because of his opposition but you can see what is in play here...

https://youtu.be/qHkvrjDBcv0?t=88

Reactions: NDH
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
C7927598%2045D8%2041BF%20821B%20F9ABC75B6208%20jpeg.jpeg

Just played in a local club tourney yesterday. Got myself 2nd runner up. Round Robin format. Singles only, no doubles. This event is organised by the Local Health Department Worker's Club. I am now being invited by them to represent their team at the National Level to be held next year in March.

p/s: The champion is a BH long-pips blocker stylist. 😭
pp/s: In the unofficial men doubles, I won all my matches.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 6 reviews
Just got back from a domestic trip to Melb.
Got a bit of time, so made a video, which I shared on the safe video thread already.
Tried adding in voice lines, and background music, where the TTD videos excels in these areas.
Contemplating maybe I will do backhand video next time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Just emailed my participation form and payment to play in real tournament.

It will be in a month's time ( 05.02.23 ) and I have to travel to a neighbouring state / county to play ( one hour drive )

Definition of real tournament: Proper Umpire / Referee and prize money is involved.

Hopefully can get a fellow mate to tag along and video me ( may pay him to do that, meal included )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
It has been a month or slightly more that I have changed to Tenergy 05 on both side ( based on recommendation by my coach ). I play at least twice a week, each session lasting 2.5hrs, so give or take, at the very least I have played T05 20 hours to 30 hours. I have a feel of how this rubber feels like for now.

My take:
1. I am losing more games than before I made the change. I feel that T05 is like a wild horse that is not easy to tame. To be fair, during stroking, T05 is like a beast. The spin and trajectory makes one feel like he is the King of Mountain.
2. It is during game-play that it suxs. I feel that T05 magnify all your faults. I slight wrong angle or touch and the ball flies here and there. I made a lot of unforced error in my game.
3. Even my club mate commented, that my win rate is dropping.
4. Previously I was using MX-P for FH and Donic Bluefire for BH.
5. I think I will go back to my old set-up.

Just sharing and being honest with myself.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 16 reviews
It has been a month or slightly more that I have changed to Tenergy 05 on both side ( based on recommendation by my coach ). I play at least twice a week, each session lasting 2.5hrs, so give or take, at the very least I have played T05 20 hours to 30 hours. I have a feel of how this rubber feels like for now.

My take:
1. I am losing more games than before I made the change. I feel that T05 is like a wild horse that is not easy to tame. To be fair, during stroking, T05 is like a beast. The spin and trajectory makes one feel like he is the King of Mountain.
2. It is during game-play that it suxs. I feel that T05 magnify all your faults. I slight wrong angle or touch and the ball flies here and there. I made a lot of unforced error in my game.
3. Even my club mate commented, that my win rate is dropping.
4. Previously I was using MX-P for FH and Donic Bluefire for BH.
5. I think I will go back to my old set-up.

Just sharing and being honest with myself.

This is exactly why Jun Mizutani never really liked T05, he was the driver behind the development of T64. So you are in good company. Not everyone likes to play topspins almost all the time.