Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
😂 Love that description.

Shame it wasn’t abusive when I played last night.

Wouldn’t have scared a baby!

Everyone has off days - this is the guy I was thinking about when I made the comp - he is holding back because of his opposition but you can see what is in play here...

https://youtu.be/qHkvrjDBcv0?t=88

Reactions: NDH
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
C7927598%2045D8%2041BF%20821B%20F9ABC75B6208%20jpeg.jpeg

Just played in a local club tourney yesterday. Got myself 2nd runner up. Round Robin format. Singles only, no doubles. This event is organised by the Local Health Department Worker's Club. I am now being invited by them to represent their team at the National Level to be held next year in March.

p/s: The champion is a BH long-pips blocker stylist. 😭
pp/s: In the unofficial men doubles, I won all my matches.

Last edited:
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Just emailed my participation form and payment to play in real tournament.

It will be in a month's time ( 05.02.23 ) and I have to travel to a neighbouring state / county to play ( one hour drive )

Definition of real tournament: Proper Umpire / Referee and prize money is involved.

Hopefully can get a fellow mate to tag along and video me ( may pay him to do that, meal included )

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
It has been a month or slightly more that I have changed to Tenergy 05 on both side ( based on recommendation by my coach ). I play at least twice a week, each session lasting 2.5hrs, so give or take, at the very least I have played T05 20 hours to 30 hours. I have a feel of how this rubber feels like for now.

My take:
1. I am losing more games than before I made the change. I feel that T05 is like a wild horse that is not easy to tame. To be fair, during stroking, T05 is like a beast. The spin and trajectory makes one feel like he is the King of Mountain.
2. It is during game-play that it suxs. I feel that T05 magnify all your faults. I slight wrong angle or touch and the ball flies here and there. I made a lot of unforced error in my game.
3. Even my club mate commented, that my win rate is dropping.
4. Previously I was using MX-P for FH and Donic Bluefire for BH.
5. I think I will go back to my old set-up.

Just sharing and being honest with myself.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It has been a month or slightly more that I have changed to Tenergy 05 on both side ( based on recommendation by my coach ). I play at least twice a week, each session lasting 2.5hrs, so give or take, at the very least I have played T05 20 hours to 30 hours. I have a feel of how this rubber feels like for now.

My take:
1. I am losing more games than before I made the change. I feel that T05 is like a wild horse that is not easy to tame. To be fair, during stroking, T05 is like a beast. The spin and trajectory makes one feel like he is the King of Mountain.
2. It is during game-play that it suxs. I feel that T05 magnify all your faults. I slight wrong angle or touch and the ball flies here and there. I made a lot of unforced error in my game.

This is exactly why Jun Mizutani never really liked T05, he was the driver behind the development of T64. So you are in good company. Not everyone likes to play topspins almost all the time.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

My take:

This week I have gone back to my old rubber ( Donic Bluefire M1 ) and my game is back to my previous state and it is now more stable and I make less mistake. Phew! What a relief.

So I must now respectably put aside T05, respectfully bow to it and walk away from it.

Reactions: JeffM

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This topic really is outstanding guys! My goal is to post once a day in this topic throughout 2023🏓

Managed to hit a hit and hope shot today 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
I have moved to a remote location, but luckily there is a TT club there!
I however have lost the luxury of having non-slippery flooring, as I am now playing again on indoor basketball court.

My tt shoes are bit old so the soles are bit worn off.
What are some strategies you guys have to get a better grip?

I am going to try the wet paper towel trick where I put a paper towel near the mid of the table on the side and pour water on it, then step on it once a few points.

Also, suffering from poor physical stamina post covid! Feel like I am so out of breath so fast and hard to concentrate on the ball especially when there are so much distracting noise in the hall with basketball match going on at the back.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi Jeff,

A few things for slippery floors.

Push a duster over the floor, micro fiber will get the majority of surface stuff making some of the slippery. Mop and dry the play area. it will be good to go for a spell.

if you will keep you very old shoes you have a few things to do.

- Clean out everything between the gaps on sole
- Run sandpaper over hardened oxidized areas and clean again
- Soap wash soles, then wash with OIL and dry
- if the main places your shoe hits ground has become worn smooth, take a box cutter and cut grooves as close together as you dare.

Why the grooves?" Tires designed for snow and ice have a LOT of grooves per inch. This creates separate contact points on slipper ice and lets the tire get adhesion. This will work with your shoes too... for a while.

Best thing to do is get new shoes and keep them clean and the soles from oxidizing... but not everyone does or can afford to do the best thing.

Reactions: JeffM and jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hi Jeff,

Push a duster over the floor, micro fiber will get the majority of surface stuff making some of the slippery. Mop and dry the play area. it will be good to go for a spell.

- if the main places your shoe hits ground has become worn smooth, take a box cutter and cut grooves as close together as you dare.

Why the grooves?" Tires designed for snow and ice have a LOT of grooves per inch. This creates separate contact points on slipper ice and lets the tire get adhesion. This will work with your shoes too... for a while.

Best thing to do is get new shoes and keep them clean and the soles from oxidizing... but not everyone does or can afford to do the best thing.
Dont use paper towels us an old hand towel if you have one at the side of the table - then in breaks in play/towel breaks rub your feet on it. There a venue we play at and they have ballerina training and chalk gets everywhere and makes the floor quite slippy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Hi Jeff,

I did buy a new pair of tt shoes but couldn't fit into the car when I moved.. next time when I go back I will bring it. I thought my old pair would last longer but then I looked at the soles and saw some cracks..

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Dont use paper towels us an old hand towel if you have one at the side of the table - then in breaks in play/towel breaks rub your feet on it. There a venue we play at and they have ballerina training and chalk gets everywhere and makes the floor quite slippy.
Hi jammmail, curious why do you suggest use old hand towel instead of paper towel? I intend to throw away the paper towel at the end of the session.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hi jammmail, curious why do you suggest use old hand towel instead of paper towel? I intend to throw away the paper towel at the end of the session.
Purely because paper towels can rip up and get messy. With a fabric material like a hand towel you can use it over and over during the game and then just stick it in the washing machine after at some point.

Just dont mix it up with your towel for sweat

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I have moved to a remote location, but luckily there is a TT club there!
I however have lost the luxury of having non-slippery flooring, as I am now playing again on indoor basketball court.

My tt shoes are bit old so the soles are bit worn off.
What are some strategies you guys have to get a better grip?

I am going to try the wet paper towel trick where I put a paper towel near the mid of the table on the side and pour water on it, then step on it once a few points.

Also, suffering from poor physical stamina post covid! Feel like I am so out of breath so fast and hard to concentrate on the ball especially when there are so much distracting noise in the hall with basketball match going on at the back.

What tt shoes do you have?

• Love