Design your custom blade and Build it here!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Beautiful work.
What work? There is no woodworking being done here.

I'm confused. Are you taking apart existing blades, gluing on different handles from other blades and then re-selling them as custom? There doesn't appear to be any actual woodworking being done here, so i'm not sure how these can be called "custom" blades. The custom blade maker posts that you have seen here are all woodcrafters building blades by hand. Not taking existing blades from commercial manufacturers, taking pieces off of them and regluing them together.

Reactions: BeGo
says PayPal as gift just choose send money to friends and...
Sep 2018
Everything is made from scratch. You choose each ply of wood, the carbon,and the handle style,Thickness, weight. Some times many player just want to combine the playing characters of two blades,try different outer ply,find best handle suiting his palm, so you will find a 968 FH and Vis BH with a MJ handle.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
What work? There is no woodworking being done here.

I'm confused. Are you taking apart existing blades, gluing on different handles from other blades and then re-selling them as custom? There doesn't appear to be any actual woodworking being done here, so i'm not sure how these can be called "custom" blades. The custom blade maker posts that you have seen here are all woodcrafters building blades by hand. Not taking existing blades from commercial manufacturers, taking pieces off of them and regluing them together.

I'm with you Chris, totally confused by this thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
There are chinese shops that sell the veneers and handles that look like commercial blade handles.
I guess he buys this stuff and puts it together.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Let me know what is you design by pm or post here. I will have the price of it and o the rest!
1 construction of viscaria both fh and bh
2 core: Ayous
3 koto fish scale
4 FL handle
5 I would like Tiago Apolonia blade or Kenta. If u don't have then W968
6 88-92 g
7 head size 157×150
8 choice of head design: viscaria

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
1 construction of viscaria both fh and bh
3 koto fish scale
4 FL handle
5 I would like Tiago Apolonia handle or Kenta handle. If u don't have then W968 or long 5 handle would be ok.
6 88-92 g
7 head size 157×150

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Let me know what is you design by pm or post here. I will have the price of it and o the rest!
1 construction of viscaria both fh and bh. Blue alc
3 Top ply: koto fish scale both sides
4 FL handle
5 I would like Tiago Apolonia handle or Kenta handle. If u don't have then W968 or long 5 handle
6 88-92 g
7 head size 157×150

Sep 2018
1 construction of viscaria both fh and bh. Blue alc
3 Top ply: koto fish scale both sides
4 FL handle
5 I would like Tiago Apolonia handle or Kenta handle. If u don't have then W968 or long 5 handle
6 88-92 g
7 head size 157×150

The price of this design is $75 plus shipping.

Sep 2018
This is the custom blade design and build service we provide. Customs design and we build it.

I'm with you Chris, totally confused by this thread.

Sep 2018
Part of but not all.
we totally design the construction as customer's request Thou most customers just wanna the W968 FH and Vis BH for example.
We have plenty woods you can choose from. You decide the thickness of each ply. We reintroduced the special treatment of core ply used by the Butterfly in the OLD tag VISCARIA......
our carpenter have worked in the blade manufacture business for 15 years. we are pleasure to provide out service here and share the experience.

There are chinese shops that sell the veneers and handles that look like commercial blade handles.
I guess he buys this stuff and puts it together.

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I always dreamed of a very light-weight, thin (but broad) head blade.

limba, limba, zlc, balsa, zlc, limba limba, 152X158, weight around 80 grams (can make handle hollow and anatomic to shave off weight), and the balance of the blade is towards the handle because the head is thin.
Instead of balsa there can be whatever, so long as it's a light, springy wood.

Something like the Liu Shiwen ZLF only ZLC, but not all that much faster (not jun mizutani etc speed), more spin focused.

Also interesting is a koto-limba-zlc-(some light wood, not ayous)-zlc-limba-koto, 152-158, also thinnish head so the blade weighs no more than 85grams

Kind of like DHS301 only lighter and broader, and not ayous.

Last edited:
Sep 2018
I am new to TTD but have been buy,sell or trader TT equipment on MYTT for a longtime and made lots friends there. This idea of custom building blades started when me and several members there talking the playing characters of different blades. I researched for long time and ordered several blades together and found the blades were pretty good. The carpenter in china also want to listen to the feedback and improve the quality. so i started one thread on MYtt to provide this service. Yes , plenty orders were made in the first month. Friends from TTD told me i should come here since lots of players here are looking for the same blades and they will provide very good feedback ,suggestion and ideas.
Blades are made in china and i am located in Ca,usa!

Reactions: BeGo
Sep 2018
right now ZLC is not available. cost too much when buy small quantity. we have blue ALC(BTY) and Yellow ALC(DHS). I am still looking for the Zlc solution with a reasonable price and small quantity.

I always dreamed of a very light-weight, thin (but broad) head blade.

limba, limba, zlc, balsa, zlc, limba limba, 152X158, weight around 80 grams (can make handle hollow and anatomic to shave off weight), and the balance of the blade is towards the handle because the head is thin.
Instead of balsa there can be whatever, so long as it's a light, springy wood.

Something like the Liu Shiwen ZLF only ZLC, but not all that much faster (not jun mizutani etc speed), more spin focused.

Also interesting is a koto-limba-zlc-(some light wood, not ayous)-zlc-limba-koto, 152-158, also thinnish head so the blade weighs no more than 85grams

Kind of like DHS301 only lighter and broader, and not ayous.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
right now ZLC is not available. cost too much when buy small quantity. we have blue ALC(BTY) and Yellow ALC(DHS). I am still looking for the Zlc solution with a reasonable price and small quantity.

I have found the same, ZLC is impossible to find in the uk. However, it's easy to get in small quantities in the US. I'm slightly confused as your flag is now US when, apologies if I have this wrong, it was Hong Kong yesterday. Sorry if I appear suspicious but I've sold many blades to TTD members and I'd hate for this forum to lose the trust that people have placed in me. I'm not a moderator so perhaps this is none of my business, but there's just something about this thread that doesn't seem quite right to me. Again, if this is all 100% genuine then sincere apologies and I'll happily remove this post.

Sep 2018
NO. We are not related to that . Our blades are handmade one by one. For example, two order of same blades require different weight but same thickness and same size, the carpenter need to pick the right woods to make it happen.

Last edited:
Sep 2018
Check your pm ,please