Who do you think will win the DHS Europe Cup 2014?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Adrian Crisan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Maze

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Andrej Gacina

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Panagiotis Gionis

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Tiago Apolonia

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Michael Maze knows how to exploit the weaknesses of his opponent. So I believe he will take the title against Freitas later. Although Freitas is very good at rallies far away from the table, I think that would also be his weakness (being far away from the table) later against Maze (in my opinion).

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yes , @Dan you are man !!! He he , I am sure we will see a lot of it in other places , his last name almost begs to be mentioned like that in headlines :) . Who are you supporting in the finals ?

Very true haha! It will be a great newspaper headline! I am supporting Maze because I think it will be great for the sport. I am a huge fan of Freitas to, the final will be spectacular i'm sure!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Very true haha! It will be a great newspaper headline! I am supporting Maze because I think it will be great for the sport. I am a huge fan of Freitas to, the final will be spectacular i'm sure!

Exactly same reasons here, in fact I voted for Maze before the start of the tournament, told myself "wishful thinking" . Now before Maze gets another injury I want to see him go up against the top Chinese Players. If he can raise his game as Dima does it will be so nice for the sport to have somebody again starting to threaten the monopoly. But I guess thats a long way to go , again "wishful thinking" but we never know, do we ? :p

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Exactly same reasons here, in fact I voted for Maze before the start of the tournament, told myself "wishful thinking" . Now before Maze gets another injury I want to see him go up against the top Chinese Players. If he can raise his game as Dima does it will be so nice for the sport to have somebody again starting to threaten the monopoly. But I guess thats a long way to go , again "wishful thinking" but we never know, do we ? :p

I'm thinking the same thing aha. Come on Maze!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Yes Michael Maze's service was very short so Ovtcharov choked on short game and his backhand service on the other hand wasn't very effective against Maze so that's why he was so afraid of doing that serve to Maze.

And notice how Maze deceived Ovtcharov first serving a very short reverse pendulum serve and later he did just a short backspin serve and Ovtcharov misread it and hit the net.

That's why just like Ovtcharov was losing to Ma Lin, because of his short game is one of the things he needs to improve at.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Actually, I've beaten all y'all to it by saying it first in live chat! :D

BTW, did Timo forfeit to Shibaev? What happened?

I think someone here mentioned it before the match..

So .. We have to wait for 3rds and finals ;)