DHS fans unite!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Does the boosting effect disappear after removing the rubber from the blade a couple days after boosting?
Or does it stay for some time, no matter how many times we glue or remove it.
this was not the case I asked. Many says that they reboost their rubbers after X time (some repeat it after 3-4 weeks, some after 3-4 months as they mentioned they are lazy and do not want to do it/do not have time to do it until it will be completely dead and will be replaced by the new one.) :p
Reply to your questions I don't think the effect disappear when you remove rubber from the blade. Booster sinks into the sponge and exists for some time and after X time process should be repeated again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
How should I proceed If I want to reglue a boosted rubber when I dont like the glue job or it doenst feel/look right.
I dont want to "lose" the booster effect.
It should stay as long as possible.
It was:
- 1 layer WBG
- 1 layer seamoon wait for around 15h until the next day
- 1 layer seamoon wait for a little more than 24h
- 1 layer WBG

-1 layer WBG on blade

The rubber didnt curl much.
Didnt play with it yet.
I can test it out tomorrow but I dont really want to.
There are no bubbles but it does not look quite right.
The glue looks uneven under the rubber.
From the side it looks fine.
Hard to make a photo where it is all visible.
I dont think it is particularly "bad".
I would like to fix it and make it look clean, but also dont wanna ruin the boosting.

Can you guys help?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Ok, finally ready 😃
New toy for a big boys!!🤣😉
Tomorrow will be checked in action on training session with my coach, I hope I will not hurt myself 🤣
View attachment 27349View attachment 27350View attachment 27351

Probably 2-3g less in weight w/o covers.
Work in progress 😉
The same setup (ekhm almost as rubbers are bit thicker, on HRD they are 2.1mm both on ZQH-90 will be 2.15mm all are Prov version and red w/o boosting, blue sponge with 1 layer of Seamoon like in HRD)
IMG_4529.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I changed my mind, put 2nd layer of booster because after the 1st one it did not dome much. Maybe due to thicker sponge or previous one was fresher or current layer of booster was thinner than before.
This is how it looks after 2 layers (2 hours later)
View attachment 27600
beautiful. I have a prov BS H3N 39 degree that i got from HWSport on 11.11 sale....but most likely it will be several months before i get to finally use it. Let me know how you feel it differs from the OS.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I still think about how many layers of booster i should apply to my new rubber i ordered from HWSport store which is H3N National BS 39 degree 2.1mm, for my previous rubber of H3N prov BS 40deg i think the coach added 3 layers and for H3N commercial 37deg just 1 layer.
I always apply one layer and then try. If it’s not enough for me, then I remove the rubber, apply another layer, a day later I apply glue to the blade, and just roll the rubber. A layer of glue on the rubber, which from the booster becomes even more sticky and the rubber sticks well to the blade. You can apply glue to the rubber, but excess glue can add weight.
We have a person in our club who plays national hurricanes quite successfully without booster. I tried his racket - I can play.
Maybe, you like it without booster. The national hurricane itself is more elastic.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
This is the shape I was looking for 🤣 It will be probably pain in the ass to assembly it with the blade :p
At this moment drying glue (#15) and in a moment I will put it onto the blade and in4 hours my training session with my coach. I’m not expecting fireworks immediately as it requires couple of session probably to break-in. So I will not going to give up after the 1st try
This what I noticed playing with HRD with both DHS h3 after a while they feel a bit different than they were new so similar will be with those on zqh-90

Attachments

• IMG_4536.jpeg
    IMG_4536.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 31
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
This is the shape I was looking for 🤣 It will be probably pain in the ass to assembly it with the blade :p
At this moment drying glue (#15) and in a moment I will put it onto the blade and in4 hours my training session with my coach. I’m not expecting fireworks immediately as it requires couple of session probably to break-in. So I will not going to give up after the 1st try
This what I noticed playing with HRD with both DHS h3 after a while they feel a bit different than they were new so similar will be with those on zqh-90
Good enough curl. Might need 5-8 hours of play to wake it.

Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.
I always apply one layer and then try. If it’s not enough for me, then I remove the rubber, apply another layer, a day later I apply glue to the blade, and just roll the rubber. A layer of glue on the rubber, which from the booster becomes even more sticky and the rubber sticks well to the blade. You can apply glue to the rubber, but excess glue can add weight.
We have a person in our club who plays national hurricanes quite successfully without booster. I tried his racket - I can play.
Maybe, you like it without booster. The national hurricane itself is more elastic.
What factor to use for applying how many layers? I mean is it according how hardness the sponge it is or about which model of H3? I told the coach to apply either 2 or 3 layers on my previous H3N Prov 39, and it is nice, i can play it just fine, i can't tell if it will be also fine without any booster or it will be fine with maximum layers say 3-4, but i think with commercial and 37-38 i believe 1 layer is enough, while for Prov and maybe National 39-42 i believe 2-3 layers needed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
What a blade and combo. I’m in love. It started playing from the beginning. Feel, control, speed, I need to play more to used to it but no more EJing… not sure what to do with other rubbers and blade but ZQH-90 for me is better than HRD but HRD I also like to play, and for sure H3 BS on FH is my rabbit which was caught 😉 it fits ZQH perfectly. I can call it perfect match. Even my trainer said today that this Chinese rubbers suit me. He doesny like them. FH is good but 37deg no f*ckin way. He always plays T05 and switched to ZQH-90 from Viscaria and both Xiom Omega Pro which also likes. Told me to stick to h3s as I play really good just practice And they are a really nasty. No one in my club plays Chinese rubbers 🤣😂
You infected me 😂🤣😂🤣 and now they hate me, I started winning some games 😂😂😂😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
What factor to use for applying how many layers? I mean is it according how hardness the sponge it is or about which model of H3? I told the coach to apply either 2 or 3 layers on my previous H3N Prov 39, and it is nice, i can play it just fine, i can't tell if it will be also fine without any booster or it will be fine with maximum layers say 3-4, but i think with commercial and 37-38 i believe 1 layer is enough, while for Prov and maybe National 39-42 i believe 2-3 layers needed.

It depends... 1. which sponge hardness you start with, 2. which sponge hardness you want to have, 3. how much tensioning you want the topsheet to get, 4. which booster you use, 5. BS or OS.
I use 2-4 layers on BH (red OS, provincial and commercial, 37° and recently 38°), and 1-3 layers on FH (black, OS, provincial and commercial, 39° and 40°, Nittaku Neo (slightly harder than 39° DHS Neo). Either Seamoon or homemade booster.
It all depends on ones playing style. For me the harder the H3 sponge the better I can block but this is not what I'm doing most of the time so I choose topsheet tension for better spin and speed. On BH I like more bounciness so I use more layers.

IMG_20231201_124326.jpg
This is how my rubbers should look like after initial boosting or after reboosting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
You answered your own question.
I always have time to add one layer of booster if it’s a little hard for me. But there is no way to get rid of the extra booster. So I apply one layer at a time. As a result, I never had less than two layers for H3, but for other rubbers sometimes one layer was enough for me.
I played H3 more than 17 years ago, when there were no boosters yet and we then re-glued the rubber with quick glue before each training session. Therefore, for me, the procedure for re-gluing rubber is very simple and does not pose a problem, as for some people on this forum. I don’t see any problems once again re-gluing the rubber between the layers of the booster.

Last edited: