DHS fans unite!

This user has no status.
And in my case it also depends on my playing times, i mean that if i don't play with the racket much then i won't regluing much, and at most i won't care either, it is the second Long 5X blade so i will use it only for games instead of everything, and using my first Long 5X for practice and balls training only, and later i am also planning to buy DHS Long 5 version of National which is "W986", and that will have also another rubbers could be H3 one of them, means i won't use all of them to exhausted, and even if one does most likely i will just buy another rather than re-boosting and re-gluing, but i will keep that option open, and i think for National 39deg BS rubber maybe i will go with 2 layers only, it is 2.1mm instead of 2.15mm which i don't know if it has that big factor anyway, i won't touch top sheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I was just checking if there are more variants of DHS Power G7, than I already know (PG7S - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002820584558.html), and I found these:

PG7H - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005875572860.html
Top plies are probably Hinoki, third ply could be either baked or just painted Ayous.

PG7X - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005907907811.html
This one is very interesting - the product images are not good enough to guess 100% sure, but most probably, it has Koto top plies, then there is again that colour of ply which can be either baked or painted Ayous - and then the third layer is a composite layer of unknown type.

I do hope though, that the price of PG7X won't stay this much.

Does the DHS PG7X has Koto top ply + Inner ALC same as DHS H301X blade ?

Thank you sir.
Best regards,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
You should look into the Sueke No2 glue. When my girlfriend bought 2 Stiga Mantra Pro from taobao the seller sent 2x52ml bottle of this Sueke glue and it is the softest glue I ever seen. It's like between DHS No15 and the german glues but it can be peeled off very easily.
It's dirt cheap too.
This glue is sooo nice to use, thanks for the tip! Have you noticed any difference between no.1 and 2?

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
- DHS balls are the best price/performance balls one can get!

They are...

The difference of the stroke effect between two types of new material seamed plastic table tennis ball: a case study of Nittaku and DHS, 2023
"It can be concluded that both the ball speed and spin speed of the Nittaku 40+ plastic ball were reduced compared with the DHS 40+ plastic ball, with the average spin speed reduced by 3.05% and the ball speed reduced by 2.74% (Table 2&3). This meant that when hitting the DHS D40+ and Nittaku 40+ plastic balls with the same strength and racket, the spin speed of the Nittaku 40+ plastic ball decreased more obviously than the ball speed."

Comparison of dynamic elasticity between two types of new material plastic table tennis ball: taking DHS D40+ and Nittaku 40+ as an Example, 2022
"Conclusion: Compared with the DHS D40+, the Nittaku 40+ has bigger hardness and brittleness, and the sphere structure is more uniform, featuring better dynamic elasticity stability and rebound height."

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Some sucker at the club....who's never beaten me in a single round robin had the audacity to say i should change from hurricane back to tenergy.....said it's not giving me an advantage. I thought it was funny since the owner of our club, the man who just won the 65+ national event here in the USA said my forehand is deadly with this rubber. Maybe he's just jealous he can't use hurricane anymore?

Reactions: bobpuls and ben1229
I read the Hurricane 3 rubbers dont have the tack anymore.
Is it still worth to buy (and try out) them?
Absolutely, they still have a little tack and lots of grip, they spin great.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Absolutely, they still have a little tack and lots of grip, they spin great.

Cheers
L-zr
My feedback is H3 neo commercial version some have tackiness and some have no tack. H3 neo provincial blue sponge has good tack, almost like before but still not quite. I have converted to H3 neo provincial blue sponge now.

Reactions: job59 and latej
Just wanted to share some experience.

Played a lot recently with H3 Prov. orange sponge and compared it directly with H3 commercial on the same blade (Butterfly Innerforce ALC.S).
Both rubbers suit this blade amazingly well, but provincial is just much more consistent - blocks and top spins go where I want them to, the ball doesn't fall off to hit the net, the spin is better and the sponge is alive.

Also, what I've noticed I can easily play unboosted H3 40 deg. prov. on a flexible blade like Innerforce ALC.S.
H3 works well for BH on this blade as well. Better spin than Nittaku FastArc G-1 for sure, just need a bit more precise technique.

Now I'm on the way to find what BH rubber I want. G-1 is just OK, I won many more points with Dignics 09C on the BH, but that rubber is very heavy, combining it with H3 on the FH it becomes too much for me in terms of weight..may be I will try H3 37-38 prov. orange sponge

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
Is hurricane 3 neo commercial still the best bang for buck? I'm wanting to transition to tacky rubber forehand and backhand. Which tacky rubbers would be ideal? (Budget $25 per sheet or so). I plan to boost one to two layers of Falco tempo long if needed too.

I was looking at the chatter around 729 battle 2, hurricane 3, skyline 2/3. and those seem to be pretty good

I am very much a spin first and often spin over the table kind of player. I continuously loop with changing up the placement. So a safe controlled spin looper close to mid distance but mostly close to the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Is hurricane 3 neo commercial still the best bang for buck? I'm wanting to transition to tacky rubber forehand and backhand. Which tacky rubbers would be ideal? (Budget $25 per sheet or so). I plan to boost one to two layers of Falco tempo long if needed too.

I was looking at the chatter around 729 battle 2, hurricane 3, skyline 2/3. and those seem to be pretty good

I am very much a spin first and often spin over the table kind of player. I continuously loop with changing up the placement. So a safe controlled spin looper close to mid distance but mostly close to the table.
Hurricane 3 neo commercial is still the best bang for the buck. Despite the top sheet not as grippy as before, we agree that there is something special about the sponge that after you boost, it feels nice. The sponge reacts differently from the ESN tensor sponge or Butterfly Tenergy/Dignic series of sponge. Hard to say what it is but it is different.

Just wanted to share some experience.

Played a lot recently with H3 Prov. orange sponge and compared it directly with H3 commercial on the same blade (Butterfly Innerforce ALC.S).
Both rubbers suit this blade amazingly well, but provincial is just much more consistent - blocks and top spins go where I want them to, the ball doesn't fall off to hit the net, the spin is better and the sponge is alive.

Also, what I've noticed I can easily play unboosted H3 40 deg. prov. on a flexible blade like Innerforce ALC.S.
H3 works well for BH on this blade as well. Better spin than Nittaku FastArc G-1 for sure, just need a bit more precise technique.

Now I'm on the way to find what BH rubber I want. G-1 is just OK, I won many more points with Dignics 09C on the BH, but that rubber is very heavy, combining it with H3 on the FH it becomes too much for me in terms of weight..may be I will try H3 37-38 prov. orange sponge
I would think ALC.S would be too slow for H3. On that blade I would try Tibhar Hybrid MK on FH and Nittaku Hammond Z2 on BH. Hammond Z2 feels a lot softer than what the spec says.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hey guys,
i wonder if anyone play the Hurricane stuff without boosting.
Sure the speed is missing, but what about the rotation quality?
Is it on par with other highend rubbers? Or still the king of rotation despite the missing treatment?

Hey guys,
i wonder if anyone play the Hurricane stuff without boosting.
Sure the speed is missing, but what about the rotation quality?
Is it on par with other highend rubbers? Or still the king of rotation despite the missing treatment?
I boost my H3’s very lightly, and then it still the king… (Edit: when boosting) The brush action should be identical but I can imagine when digging into the sponge will be different.

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited: