DHS fans unite!

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Afaik H3 both sides: Ma Long, Wang Chuqin, Liang Jingkun, Xu Xin, Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha
Butterfly on backhand: Fan Zhendong, Lin Gaoyuan (but used a non-Butterfly blade in recent tournaments), Lin Shidong
H8-80 on backhand: Cho Seungmin, Jeon Ji-Hee
And if I'm not wrong than all players using H3/H8-80 on backhand use a W968 type blade and most Bty on BH users use Viscaria type blades.
I prefer Viscaria, outer carbon blades over W968 inner carbon blades... Hmm, I'm currently using H3 37° on BH...

I also don't feel any boost effect when using my usual 2+1 layers or recently 2+2 layers of Revolution normal viscosity. Tears quite easily when trying to remove it. Except H8-80 sponge where glue and pieces of the sponge come off easily... Maybe they also changed composition of #3?

Argh... Now I'm in EJ mood again and want to try at least something I haven't used before/for a long time ;) Viscaria type blade with springier rubber on BH maybe DHS TG506A/PG6A or TG506X/PG6X, DHS #15, Glayzer 09C again or Skyline 3-60? Maybe go full blue with H3 BS and H9 Blue on a blue ALC blade?

Btw: https://equipment.ittf.com/#/equipment_preview/racket_coverings/3442
GoldArc 9 is on the list of authorized racket coverings and it's not Made in Germany...
According to this interview
Jeon Ji-Hee uses Skyline 2 on her FH (she said H3 felt too soft !) and H8 on the BH, this was released 2 years ago so she could have changed. Still her Skyline 2 has a blue sponge, which is not available AFAIK on the market. And she says that the sponge of H8 looks like a Japanese sponge, so it could be that it was H8-80.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Afaik H3 both sides: Ma Long, Wang Chuqin, Liang Jingkun, Xu Xin, Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha
Butterfly on backhand: Fan Zhendong, Lin Gaoyuan (but used a non-Butterfly blade in recent tournaments), Lin Shidong
H8-80 on backhand: Cho Seungmin, Jeon Ji-Hee
And if I'm not wrong than all players using H3/H8-80 on backhand use a W968 type blade and most Bty on BH users use Viscaria type blades.
I prefer Viscaria, outer carbon blades over W968 inner carbon blades... Hmm, I'm currently using H3 37° on BH...
Good set of info. Now I am wondering if I should try H8-80 on the backhand side. Uhm.... H8-80 migh be a bit too heavy for my backhand side.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I also don't feel any boost effect when using my usual 2+1 layers or recently 2+2 layers of Revolution normal viscosity. Tears quite easily when trying to remove it. Except H8-80 sponge where glue and pieces of the sponge come off easily... Maybe they also changed composition of #3?

Argh... Now I'm in EJ mood again and want to try at least something I haven't used before/for a long time ;) Viscaria type blade with springier rubber on BH maybe DHS TG506A/PG6A or TG506X/PG6X, DHS #15, Glayzer 09C again or Skyline 3-60? Maybe go full blue with H3 BS and H9 Blue on a blue ALC blade?

Btw: https://equipment.ittf.com/#/equipment_preview/racket_coverings/3442
GoldArc 9 is on the list of authorized racket coverings and it's not Made in Germany...
Dunno if they changed the mix for Revo but it saddens me to no end.
From H8-80 and from other Chinese sponges sometimes the glue layers stays on the wood instead of coming off with the sponge.

I think the DHS Viscaria clones have an advantage in head shape over Yinhe and even BTY, since they keep the standard DHS shape instead of BTY. I just prefer the DHS one more. I also like how DHS handles are rough, sure some complain that they like the smooth handle but the rough sandpaper-like handle is more "grippy" in ones palm.
Chinese blades, even the cheap ones, tend to have a one-piece core while BTY, Stiga will glue several pieces together. And while I can accept BTY doing it with kiri since that is a smaller tree, but there is no excuse for Stiga with ayous.
But somehow Chinese makers find large enough core material even for cheaper grade blades from kiri wood.

I think G09c is fantastic on both sides. Butterfly shot themselves in the foot with that rubber. And very recently the Loki Arthur China has been truly superb for me. G09c on BH and the LAC on FH. Both are high arc, slightly tacky, rubbers with a very linear property as in "no swing no bounce" and powerful swing pretty good bounce.

I'm fairly sure they pair well with inner, outer, ALC, ZLC, normal carbon, limba, koto top plies as well.

Dunno if they changed the mix for Revo but it saddens me to no end.
From H8-80 and from other Chinese sponges sometimes the glue layers stays on the wood instead of coming off with the sponge.

I think the DHS Viscaria clones have an advantage in head shape over Yinhe and even BTY, since they keep the standard DHS shape instead of BTY. I just prefer the DHS one more. I also like how DHS handles are rough, sure some complain that they like the smooth handle but the rough sandpaper-like handle is more "grippy" in ones palm.
Chinese blades, even the cheap ones, tend to have a one-piece core while BTY, Stiga will glue several pieces together. And while I can accept BTY doing it with kiri since that is a smaller tree, but there is no excuse for Stiga with ayous.
But somehow Chinese makers find large enough core material even for cheaper grade blades from kiri wood.

I think G09c is fantastic on both sides. Butterfly shot themselves in the foot with that rubber. And very recently the Loki Arthur China has been truly superb for me. G09c on BH and the LAC on FH. Both are high arc, slightly tacky, rubbers with a very linear property as in "no swing no bounce" and powerful swing pretty good bounce.

I'm fairly sure they pair well with inner, outer, ALC, ZLC, normal carbon, limba, koto top plies as well.
Shot them selfs in the foot ??? You think it’s too cheap 🤣

You must have a damn strong backhand. I find very little bounce in G90C.

Cheers
L-zr

I think its pricing is very aggressive against their own products, Tenergy and Dignics, and very aggressive against their ESN competitors.
Against ESN yes, but Tenergy and Dignics are still top of the BTY food chain. Glayser isn’t going to attract people that are already playing them, But most other people will, just check the comments on this site.
Rozena didn’t kill Tenergy, did it…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I think its pricing is very aggressive against their own products, Tenergy and Dignics, and very aggressive against their ESN competitors.
Glayser is $55 a piece and Butterfly does not give discount. With 30% bulk discount you can get Fastarc series, Revolutions series and Xiom Vegas series for like $27-$30. I understand that Butterfly is trying to compete. But to me, no touching Glayser. One sheet of Glayser = two sheets of Xiom Vega Pro or Xiom Vega X.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
So... I was super happy with my Loki Arthur China for about 2.5 weeks. Then it developed a bubble, which I have been expecting since @longle killed a few sheets. It was good fun on the W968, massive fun. I totally get why he is investing in it, heck I am in a dilemma too.

I like Glayzer09c, but I really like actual Chinese rubbers so since I have 2 unopened Dingtians (that I bought from TTNPP for about 20 American freedom buckaroos) I am just gonna boost them with FTL the "prott" recommended way (this is the whey 💪).

I am curious to no end who makes the Dingtian rubber, so I am just going to say DHS makes it and I hope some DHS rep or fanatic will get pissed and flame the living poop out of me for this blasphemy. I am using fake news to find out what I want, there must be an IQ200 meme for this.

I could get DHS H3 prov BS, it has a reasonable price, around 40USD, I think that is very very reasonable. If I would ask my girlfriend to get it from China probably I could get it for a better deal, but 40USD I feel is a good deal already.
It is an incomplete rubber out of the pack, one needs to boost it, but honestly, what is the cost of a few layers of Falco or Seamoon? It is pennies, so I am not even going to go into that.
My biggest problem with H3 BS is also durability. Will I be lucky and get out about 4-5-6 months life? Will I be super lucky and get out 2-3 years? Hell there are DHS H3 sheets that are several years old and still strong.
Chances are like most blue sponge DHS H3s it will get a bubble prematurely.

This is why I like the Dingtian, it plays like a not very tacky H3 BS, it is very easy to boost, and it loves FTL. It is faster with less spin which I welcome and most of all, my first sheet which I abused to no end has still not bubbled up after more than 7 months. I gave that sheet at least 7-8 layers in total and one was baby oil too, the rest was FTL. I trimmed that sheet 4 times to match my racket size and the topsheet still doesn't looks like it's worn a bit...
The sponge looks like new despite me having peeled glue from it like 20 times?!!!

A few days ago I felt like I already had the ultimate Chinese setup. W968, Loki Arthur China and Fastarc G-1. Well fruck... LAC is a bit fragile. But Dingtian has blue sponge and not fragile! The blue color has to mean at least a few points in a set! And there is no engineer, physicist or shrink that can convince me otherwise.
G-1 is a German-Japanese rubber, so not much Chinese. But I feel like G-1 is the German rubber that Chinese want to make but can't. And a lot of Chinese use it anyway, it is super popular there and not to even mention how popular it is in Japan.
G-1 can be boosted with a lick of FTL to supreme quality, and it is still very light, with the best grip among ESN and it is very stretchy too with a royal catapult effect after boosting. With no boost I think it's kind of a waste of effort.

Anyways I will make my setup and make a video of using it. Now I have the right gear to make some semi-decent videos.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
@Zwill the LAC reminds me of DHS TG3 Neo, a rubber I think suits penhold the best, but the TG3 Neo is also short-lived, I break a sheet every 2 months (that's why I switched to Battle 2). I thought I found my love with LAC on FH (and Glayzer09c on BH) but it seems the curse came back ☹️
Try Loki GTX, the ultimate rubber

Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
@Zwill the LAC reminds me of DHS TG3 Neo, a rubber I think suits penhold the best, but the TG3 Neo is also short-lived, I break a sheet every 2 months (that's why I switched to Battle 2). I thought I found my love with LAC on FH (and Glayzer09c on BH) but it seems the curse came back ☹️
I never tried the TG3 because I also believed that it was designed for penholders. Did you play with blue sponge or just normal? Getting original H3 with blue sponge is a "semi-difficult" task. TG3 with blue sponge is super rare.

B2 was for me one of the transitioning rubbers from grippy to Chinese so it has a sweet spot in my heart, and I bought the national version and boosted it up but it just feels too slow. Maybe it's better for a brushing technique, I am more of a hit and brush type nowadays.

I see the Dingtian is available on Lazada so I recommend you to give it a spin. I think it might surprise you too after you put on 2 layers of FTL.

The new sheet that I opened seems to be more sticky than the first one. So maybe it will be very very similar to H3 BS.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Finished with boosting and glueing. Looks just like a H3 BS. Tomorrow I will know if it plays the same as my first sheet.

IMG20230716205441.jpgIMG20230716205447.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
B2 was for me one of the transitioning rubbers from grippy to Chinese so it has a sweet spot in my heart, and I bought the national version and boosted it up but it just feels too slow. Maybe it's better for a brushing technique, I am more of a hit and brush type nowadays.

I've ordered the Double Fish Volant Phoenix H40. High hopes, but as usual, it will take time until I glue it and try it. I'm writing this because while looking at it, I noticed the Double Fish Polestar - supposed to be faster, and used by Liu Shiwen. You can get it at www.pingpongbolt.hu.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I've ordered the Double Fish Volant Phoenix H40. High hopes, but as usual, it will take time until I glue it and try it. I'm writing this because while looking at it, I noticed the Double Fish Polestar - supposed to be faster, and used by Liu Shiwen. You can get it at www.pingpongbolt.hu.
I think the Volant Phoenix could be a pretty good BH rubber. Granted I got it in 39deg, but for FH I feel it lacks the bottom strength. Probably booster could help that but it's a pretty soft rubber already.

I saw this Polestar-P as well before and while Liu Shiwen might have given her input on it I don't think she uses it. Even on some promotional photos with this rubber she poses there with her blue sponge H3. So like... 😥
Maybe there will be some superleague videos with her and we can see if she has some blue stuff on her racket or not.

I will see today how my 2nd sheet of Dingtian will work out. I really liked LAC since it doesn't need boosting, so it would be a hassle free solution if it lasted.
But Dingtian boosted up was faster and deadlier and from just one sheet of experience near indestructible. It is very similar to H3 BS without the fear of getting fake.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
This one is even better than the star version, the highest H 3, you can get right now. I can't found fzd, and sun ying sha one. But not on my hand yet, getting them in August.
I am not at the level to use those rubbers! Once I get better and I stop EJ'ing, then I will score a couple of them :) :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I am not at the level to use those rubbers! Once I get better and I stop EJ'ing, then I will score a couple of them :) :)
Nah, I don't believe that, you can surely handle those rubbers, just give it a try, I buy those cuz I tried the fzd one from a club friend, feels really good. Unfortunately can't get it in the US.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Good day to all TTD members,

Have anyone tried DHS Hurricane 301X blade ?

Please kindly review.

Thank you.

Best regards