SANWEI Target National vs DHS Hurricane III Provincial

This user has no status.
Well i dont know what you guys put on your sponges when you boost, but my Rxton 9 and my STN back in the day domed. Maybe you should stop stealing the skincare of your babies and start using booster oil...

No joke, both didnt dome exactly as hard as my H3s but not that far of either.

On another note, if you cant play with stn you lack the technique and or the power. It is that simple.
Yes it is a harder rubber with a freaking low throw. And yes it gets hard to topspin with it. But exactly that characteristic makes it so easy to play with. Just loop everything. The chances you hit are quite high unless you play with chickenwings rather than human arms.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well i dont know what you guys put on your sponges when you boost, but my Rxton 9 and my STN back in the day domed. Maybe you should stop stealing the skincare of your babies and start using booster oil...

On another note, if you cant play with stn you lack the technique and or the power. It is that simple.
Yes it is a harder rubber with a freaking low throw. And yes it gets hard to topspin with it. But exactly that characteristic makes it so easy to play with. Just loop everything. The chances you hit are quite high unless you play with chickenwings rather than human arms.
fotor-ai-20231107154020.jpg

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Ok, down tiger 😂 I boosted my R9 with seamoon at the same time I boosted a H3. The H3 domed as it always did and the R9 did not. I reported this in the Loki rubber thread and showed pics too. R9 did just about nothing with the first layer and not much more with the second.....however, after 12 hours the rubber went virtually flat again. The rubber did get a wee bit bouncier and indeed I am the old cripple without much power. If you look at the photos that advertise rxton9 you find it is NOT advertised as leather sponge but

and also : https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/Sa22474e20eb24b4491f2f15726d8881cT.png

If I would like a rubber that is hard as leather, no problem at all , I could simply fit a unboosted Rxton5 but i prefer them with 1 layer of seamoon, just the one.

IMG20231108212041.jpg
IMG20231108212125.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Ok, down tiger 😂 I boosted my R9 with seamoon at the same time I boosted a H3. The H3 domed as it always did and the R9 did not. I reported this in the Loki rubber thread and showed pics too. R9 did just about nothing with the first layer and not much more with the second.....however, after 12 hours the rubber went virtually flat again. The rubber did get a wee bit bouncier and indeed I am the old cripple without much power. If you look at the photos that advertise rxton9 you find it is NOT advertised as leather sponge but

and also : https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/Sa22474e20eb24b4491f2f15726d8881cT.png

If I would like a rubber that is hard as leather, no problem at all , I could simply fit a unboosted Rxton5 but i prefer them with 1 layer of seamoon, just the one.
The chickenwings were more towards the stn users.
Rxton 9 itself is a way faster and more dynamic rubber. I will most certainly use my next sheets completely without booster, because i currently have some issues with hitting too far out of the table in several situation i should manage usually.

And for reference i used 2 smaller layers ftl. With the first one it did close to nothing but i got a well developed curve with the second.

With my second sheet i wanted to reduce the second step and simply put a bigger amount as the first layer. 12 hours late i got around the same result. I could glue the day after that. With H3 i usually had to wait 1-2 days more on average.

Btw you can feel the tension of the rubber quite good if you have it in hand, even unboosted already.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Imo, the STN and the whole Target series in general are directed towards players who hit forward more on their shots, while H3 leans a bit to those who likes to brush, but both will leave your opponent with a stanky face when you hit it right lol

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Rxton 9 itself is a way faster and more dynamic rubber. I will most certainly use my next sheets completely without booster, because i currently have some issues with hitting too far out of the table in several situation i should manage usually.

And for reference i used 2 smaller layers ftl. With the first one it did close to nothing but i got a well developed curve with the second.

With my second sheet i wanted to reduce the second step and simply put a bigger amount as the first layer. 12 hours late i got around the same result. I could glue the day after that. With H3 i usually had to wait 1-2 days more on average.

Btw you can feel the tension of the rubber quite good if you have it in hand, even unboosted already.
It has been out for such a short time I wonder if somebody already made fakes because it really sounds like we are talking about 2 different rubbers. Is the sponge on your R9 also too thin, like 1.9mm instead of 2.1max ???

• Haha
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
My R9 is not thin at All.
If I compare the spare rubber from R9 to Super thick nittaku H3 Turbo, the R9 seems thicker or at least the same.
Also my R9 domed like crazy and was difficult to glue on as it didnt want to go flat again.
2 layers seamoon directly on the "neo" layer did the job for me.
Could still be quality issues or just Bad luck.
I orderes from Ali om the day it got Released when it also was a little bit cheaper.

Will order again in a couple days and can give Feedback when I get them.

I am not really interested in the STN.
If I want Low throw and slow chinese rubbers I would rather buy a TG2 or something like that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
It has been out for such a short time I wonder if somebody already made fakes because it really sounds like we are talking about 2 different rubbers. Is the sponge on your R9 also too thin, like 1.9mm instead of 2.1max ???
you sound so paranoid sometimes lol why would they Fake a low selling new rubber when they can Fake Dhs or BTY products?? 😅🤣

IMHO So far R9 its a great rubber with proper pricing/performance im pretty sure it can be used without additional boosting by 90% of players (at least if they came from other H3 style rubbers)
It feels dynamic like already boosted H3 (for example i used heavy boosted reactor thunder, h3 39° h3 41°, Big dipper, Battle 2, etc)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023

You used unboosted LAC on Fh then changed to boosted R9? Do you feel there Is much of a difference in bounciness & throw between the 2?

This user has no status.
You used unboosted LAC on Fh then changed to boosted R9? Do you feel there Is much of a difference in bounciness & throw between the 2?
Definitly.
R9 is faster, even more so boosted.
Throw is slightly higher.
Sidenote: i still use LAC on bh though.

My biggest concern is, that the rubber reminds me too much of the H3 bs. I used 2 sheets of H3 bs so some months and needed to get rid of them, because i was simply not good enough. The rubber isnt really forgiving if you dont use propper technique. You hit a shitty angle, the balls goes wide. You hit too weak the ball goes right into the net. You hit too hard the flies into the void...
And that is the same issue i face right now, although i am way better, than back in the day. One of his biggest strengths became its weakness. If you want to reach high end speed with the rubber you seriously need a shitload of force, and that makes it so great but also can completely throw you over because i did have a certain looping technique with which i havent the need to care about the power i put into the stroke. Either way the ball landed. If i do that now, the balls has no chance to land on the table.

But this is a STN thread so i dont want to go into more details about R9. I will probably write something more in depth soon about R9 and my new blade *wink wink* in another thread.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
you sound so paranoid sometimes lol why would they Fake a low selling new rubber when they can Fake Dhs or BTY products?? 😅🤣
You might have to google the expression paranoia which is a kinda state of mind. In case of my R9 we are talking "measurable quantities", 1.9mm is simply NOT 2.1mm

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
You might have to google the expression paranoia which is a kinda state of mind. In case of my R9 we are talking "measurable quantities", 1.9mm is simply NOT 2.1mm
Haha i was talking about the Fake/Clone statement. That the factory could have quality issues or you got an outlier, or the average sponge Is closer to 2.0mm seems More reasonable. 🤷🤣

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Haha i was talking about the Fake/Clone statement. That the factory could have quality issues or you got an outlier, or the average sponge Is closer to 2.0mm seems More reasonable. 🤷🤣
IMG20231104140852.jpg

well, mine is definitely a skinny biatch of a rubber. Now, somebody must have made the fricken thing. Let's face it, it would be the very first ever chinese factory to admit that they make crap like that. The seller is presently talking to the supplier but in my experience nobody will face up. 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
View attachment 27340
well, mine is definitely a skinny biatch of a rubber. Now, somebody must have made the fricken thing. Let's face it, it would be the very first ever chinese factory to admit that they make crap like that. The seller is presently talking to the supplier but in my experience nobody will face up. 😁
So how did the rubber play anyways? Just curious

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
So how did the rubber play anyways? Just curious
I used to play with some real cheap rubbers when i started playing again 5 years ago, things like 61 second eagle just to mention one, H 40 and 1.5mm sponge. No power, no catapult felt sort of like an additional layer of soft wood instead of a rubber, yep, this is how it felt. I will have another go tonight with the 2 layers of booster on it, one never looses hope.
I think I shall buy another one to compare 🤣
/www.aliexpress.com/i/32769545358.html

• Wow
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I used to play with some real cheap rubbers when i started playing again 5 years ago, things like 61 second eagle just to mention one, H 40 and 1.5mm sponge. No power, no catapult felt sort of like an additional layer of soft wood instead of a rubber, yep, this is how it felt. I will have another go tonight with the 2 layers of booster on it, one never looses hope.
I think I shall buy another one to compare 🤣
/www.aliexpress.com/i/32769545358.html
That has to be an outlier... look at any player playing with it, even Gan make a Review video...

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
That has to be an outlier... look at any player playing with it, even Gan make a Review video...
Yes, I think i got the Dud. 😁
I just the video with Gan (don't know him)
I like the part when he says :" It is OK for amateurs ".
Will have my second session with it in a couple of hours and now with 2 layers boost. Maybe I get the Dud to work because I hate to spend an hour trying to make a video and then some twat at Aliexpress won't know what i am talking about 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Yes, I think i got the Dud. 😁
I just the video with Gan (don't know him)
I like the part when he says :" It is OK for amateurs ".
Will have my second session with it in a couple of hours and now with 2 layers boost. Maybe I get the Dud to work because I hate to spend an hour trying to make a video and then some twat at Aliexpress won't know what i am talking about 😂
Well Gan Said that (good for amateur or easier for amateurs) to a couple of rubbers, like the pinyi ones he Sells for example.

Reactions: lodro