DHS H3 and all versions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
I read a lot on this forum about DHS H3, neo, provincial, national, commercial, OS and BS (took me a while not reading that as bull shit :))
but there are also other brands with h3 like nittaku
Is there a comparison matrix or something what the differences/similarities are?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
Read 1 reviews
Unfortunately while it would be fantastic for my EJ-brain, a matrix/table like that would require the world to come to some sort of a consensus about them, and then it gets even more complicated when you include the topic of boosting, in which case you can take the amount of opinions to the power of two. 😅

I myself have a Nittaku HP3 Turbo Orange on an Acoustic Inner Carbon - maybe I should go back to that for a little bit to compare it to my current set-up now, though I don't really miss it yet... but the temptation to put some BS on my forehand side is always there.

• Haha
Reactions: Sims
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I should go back to that for a little bit to compare it to my current set-up now, though I don't really miss it yet... but the temptation to put some BS on my forehand side is always there.
we are moving on and developing. I have several setups that i consider my "steps back" and sometimes have a go with them out of nostalgia.
But I have indeed arrived at the Blue phase but that is ok too, Picasso had one as well 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
Read 1 reviews
we are moving on and developing. I have several setups that i consider my "steps back" and sometimes have a go with them out of nostalgia.
But I have indeed arrived at the Blue phase but that is ok too, Picasso had one as well 😁
I admittedly didn't actually use that set up all that much, the need to EJ was too strong. Mainly to give the Hurricane a proper go and see how it feels on it with me now used to my new rocketship. I do feel like something tacky would work well on FH for me, but I have forced myself to take a break from buying new rubbers for a while, especially the fancy stuff. If I were to change something, I'd probably keep Genextion on BH and grab some kinda H3 version (Nat or Pro BS maybe) for FH

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I admittedly didn't actually use that set up all that much, the need to EJ was too strong. Mainly to give the Hurricane a proper go and see how it feels on it with me now used to my new rocketship. I do feel like something tacky would work well on FH for me, but I have forced myself to take a break from buying new rubbers for a while, especially the fancy stuff. If I were to change something, I'd probably keep Genextion on BH and grab some kinda H3 version (Nat or Pro BS maybe) for FH
Sometimes I wonder if i go in a circle or if it is a spiral. Often I had a setup that pretty much allowed me to play the way I felt was good. I would buy a few rubbers as back up......................then something new came on the market and the spiral started from scratch. Most EJs will know what i am talking about. My latest "adventure " is Rozena, which did not work at all on a inner layer ALC blade and I am trying it on a faster blade next, it might work on the FH but never on the BH.
My BH rubber i can always trust is a commercial H3 right out of the package, 39 / 2.1 unboosted

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Something like this?
NameHardnessSpeedSpin ArcITTFNittaku product number
DHS
Personal rubbers
- too many...24-108
Special rubbers/see catalogue
- also too many24-108
National
- Neo Blue Sponge24-108
- Neo Orange Sponge24-108
- H3 Blue Sponge24-108
- H3 Orange Sponge24-108
Provincial
- Neo Blue Sponge24-108
- H3 Blue Sponge24-108
- H3 Orange Sponge24-108
Professional/Commercial
- H3 Orange Sponge24-108
Nittaku
HURRICANEⅢ NATIONAL RUBBER BLUE SPONGE42.5 JPN24-108NR-8734
HURRICANE PRO Ⅲ TURBO BLUE50 JPN24-038NR-8725
HURRICANE PRO Ⅲ TURBO ORANGE45 JPN24-038NR-8721
HURRICANE NEO Ⅲ42.5 JPN24-108NR-8701
HURRICANE PRO Ⅲ42.5 JPN24-038NR-8678
NITTAKU HURRICANE Ⅲ37.5 JPN24-036NR-8669

Reactions: Zwill and riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
Something like this?
NameHardnessSpeedSpinArcITTFNittaku product number
DHS
Personal rubbers
- too many...24-108
Special rubbers/see catalogue
- also too many24-108
National
- Neo Blue Sponge24-108
- H3 Blue Sponge24-108
- H3 Orange Sponge24-108
Provincial
- Neo Blue Sponge24-108
- H3 Blue Sponge24-108
- H3 Orange Sponge24-108
Professional/Commercial
- H3 Orange Sponge24-108
Nittaku
HURRICANEⅢ NATIONAL RUBBER BLUE SPONGE42.5 JPN24-108NR-8734
HURRICANE PRO Ⅲ TURBO BLUE50 JPN24-038NR-8725
HURRICANE PRO Ⅲ TURBO ORANGE45 JPN24-038NR-8721
HURRICANE NEO Ⅲ42.5 JPN24-108NR-8701
HURRICANE PRO Ⅲ42.5 JPN24-038NR-8678
NITTAKU HURRICANE Ⅲ37.5 JPN24-036NR-8669
very nice!
So .. can we somewhat fill in the differences and or similarities?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
You can cut that table by half by just eliminating either the H3 of the Neo. There's no difference between them except for a glue layer on the Neo. The "boost" on Neo is so mild that it's basically non-existent.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Read 1 reviews
There is a lot of combination (120ish) so it may be compared by each characteristic.

commercial -> provincial -> national -> player etc: more quality check, more spin, more speed etc (as supposed)

degree 37 -> 42 degree: as it indicated hardness, also gains weight

neo vs normal : glue layer + very slight boost (as supposed)

blue sponge vs orange: better boosting, blue has later activation point (in same hardness) (as supposed) + denser sponge (slight consensus)

dhs vs nittaku: nittaku has more quality (around provincial DHS) (as supposed) + nittaku is heavier (as I read)

Hence we may follow this 'simple' trial strategy:

1716565892759.png

It may took 5 rubbers at average to find best suited h3 for a player 😅

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
First time I see a flowchart for table tennis.

Reactions: JJ Ng
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
There is a lot of combination (120ish) so it may be compared by each characteristic.

commercial -> provincial -> national -> player etc: more quality check, more spin, more speed etc (as supposed)

degree 37 -> 42 degree: as it indicated hardness, also gains weight

neo vs normal : glue layer + very slight boost (as supposed)

blue sponge vs orange: better boosting, blue has later activation point (in same hardness) (as supposed) + denser sponge (slight consensus)

dhs vs nittaku: nittaku has more quality (around provincial DHS) (as supposed) + nittaku is heavier (as I read)

Hence we may follow this 'simple' trial strategy:

View attachment 29919

It may took 5 rubbers at average to find best suited h3 for a player 😅
nicely done. Should we add another split that differentiates between the good old sticky rubbers and the now not sticky rubbers ??? 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
NTH3PTB is for hulks. I want to see someone bottoming the NTH3PTB out, and then saying, hey, what's this toy, give me some real rubber finally.

Quality is high, higher than H3 prov.
Or SP players or defenders with LP. If the backhand rubber is light the H3 Turbo Blue is an excellent option.

Actually I wonder how would it perform on a light but fast balsa blade. I suppose it would be pretty good.
Big Dippers on Yinhe T11+ are working like a charm.

Reactions: Westy and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Read 1 reviews
NTH3PTB is for hulks. I want to see someone bottoming the NTH3PTB out, and then saying, hey, what's this toy, give me some real rubber finally.

Quality is high, higher than H3 prov.

😅 it could be, I’ve based on comments and price point.

nicely done. Should we add another split that differentiates between the good old sticky rubbers and the now not sticky rubbers ??? 😁

Thanks, yes it could be “if you can find old sticky ones, then buy, if you have money, buy more” 😬