Quick review on h3 neo provincial and h3 neo commercial

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
Me: 2125 usatt rated conventional attack 2 wing shakehand.

Rubber:
h3 neo red 2.1mm 40 degree orange sponge both commercial and provincial.

So recently there was a promo from tt11 for h3 commercial so i bite the bullet a bought them thinking commercial and provincial will play the same after boosting. I was very wrong.

What I did:
- I boost both rubber the same way
- I used the same blade with same layer or glue

Boosting method and differences:
Provincial: 5 thin layer of kailin then glue to rubber.
Commercial: 4 thin layer of kailin then glue to rubber

Couple notes:
- I put 5 layers of boost on commercial and it killed the rubber while provincial stay alive.
- For the commerical when I put in 3 layer of boost the rubber is still pretty "dead" until i put on the 4th layer
- For provincial the rubber become partly alive on the 4th layer but it didn't completely come alive till the 5th layer.

What do I mean by "alive". A lot of forum members in here that doesn't know how to boost or doesn't boost at all claim H3 need perfect techique to play and it takes a lot of work. However, if you boost properly h3 become very easy to play. It grabs the ball and shoot the ball forward. The easiness of play is similar to tenergy series.

Playing characteristic differences:
Although commercial does play "good" after boost it lacks the underlying "power" provincial has. The "clicky" sound is more pronoun on provincial neo h3 than commercial.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

h3 neo red 2.1mm 40 degree

So recently there was a promo from tt11 for h3 commerical so i bite the bullet a bought them thinking commerical and provincial will play the same after boosting. I was very wrong.

What I did:

Boosting method:
5 thin layer of kailin then glue to rubber.

Although commercial does play "good" after boost it lacks the underlying "power" provincial has. The "clicky" sound is more pronoune on provical neo h3 than commerical.
I have always played with H3 commercial. I don't see anything wrong with it. However, I do need to break the rubber in physically and reboost it one more time maybe a month later to really release the power of commercial H.

However, I have never played with provincial or national version.

Due to a help of another forum member, national H3 was on sales on Aliexpress. Slightly cheaper than TT11 even with 30% discount so I bought two sheets. Once they arrive, I will have a better opinion on this topic. As usual, I have no idea when that shipment is arriving. In the meantime, I am happy with H3 commercial for now. H3 in general ages very well over time if you know what you are doing so I have always put up with taking about a couple weeks to break in the rubber.

May 2018
I used to play 41 degree unboosted commersial h3 neo on Viscaria. Never needed boosting, but the top sheet just tore off. If I ever get another neo, I would get the provincial just for the better quality.
if the top sheet completely tore off fro the sponge, then that h3 is fake. I bought fake before and they behave the way.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I have always played with H3 commercial. I don't see anything wrong with it. However, I do need to break the rubber in physically and reboost it one more time maybe a month later to really release the power of commercial H.

However, I have never played with provincial or national version.

Due to a help of another forum member, national H3 was on sales on Aliexpress. Slightly cheaper than TT11 even with 30% discount so I bought two sheets. Once they arrive, I will have a better opinion on this topic. As usual, I have no idea when that shipment is arriving. In the meantime, I am happy with H3 commercial for now. H3 in general ages very well over time if you know what you are doing so I have always put up with taking about a couple weeks to break in the rubber.
after a long post you still haven’t played with prov H3.
even after your “National” arrives, you still won’t have the chance to play with Prov H3.
what is your point?

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
if the top sheet completely tore off fro the sponge, then that h3 is fake. I bought fake before and they behave the way.
It wasn't fake, I had it for 3 years and had played it a loooooot. It was very tacky and extremely consistent. Plus it had a legit dhs verification code that I checked was real at their website.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
after a long post you still haven’t played with prov H3.
even after your “National” arrives, you still won’t have the chance to play with Prov H3.
what is your point?
My point is the OP needs to break in the commercial H3 for a while to let it come alive. Straight out of the package, after two or three layers of boosting, even I am not impressed by commercial H3.

At the club, three people have played my broken in commercial H3 and wanted to trade their ESN rubbers for it. They are happy. So I have gotten back to the drawing board to break more H3 in.

May 2018
My point is the OP needs to break in the commercial H3 for a while to let it come alive. Straight out of the package, after two or three layers of boosting, even I am not impressed by commercial H3.

At the club, three people have played my broken in commercial H3 and wanted to trade their ESN rubbers for it. They are happy. So I have gotten back to the drawing board to break more H3 in.
There's no break in after 5 layer of kai lin. And both rubbers i clock in over 10+ hours. The commercial lack power compare to the provincial. I tested this with 2 separate commercial sheet and they perform similar.

The commercial does play "good" it become very easy to play but take a couple of steps and rally it won't give your opponent as much pressure as a provincial.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
There's no break in after 5 layer of kai lin. And both rubbers i clock in over 10+ hours. The commercial lack power compare to the provincial. I tested this with 2 separate commercial sheet and they perform similar.

The commercial does play "good" it become very easy to play but take a couple of steps and rally it won't give your opponent as much pressure as a provincial.
Got it. I will see how the National plays when it arrives. I got one sheet of blue sponge national and two sheets of orange sponge national.

I assume your provincial is blue sponge? Have you tried provincial orange sponge?

I have always played with commericial orange sponge. According to TT11's youtube review, they cannot tell the differnece between orange sponge commercial, provincial and national. However half of the reviewers said that blue sponge (only available in Provincial and National versions) does play better than the various variations of blue sponge rubbers. But the other half of the reviewers said they could not between the blue sponge and oranage sponge at all.

Then I also read that several CNT women's players use National orange sponge to play because it is a bit easier to control and play with compared to blue sponge which is almost a standard across and used by all CNT men's players. So I am all confused. Plus I doubt these CNT members get the same blue sponge and orange sponges that we buy on the open market; I am sure theirs are much better!

Reactions: ben1229
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

faster is not always desirable. It is of course if one is young and powerful and loves to get into those FH to FH gladiator battles. This does not of course rely to the majority of TT players.
I know that the sales-dribble the manufacturers use to advertise the good qualities of a rubber are often a lot of cock&bull but when it comes to H3 commercial it pays to have a re-read:

<<<<<Hurricane 3 was designed for the players who mainly adopt control method or have relatively weak attack power when playing 40mm ball. The rubber can reduce a feeling of ponderousness when you strengthen power and create a long arc, which benefits the ball control and exerts fast attack and loop drive at near table.>>>>

After reading this one has to the really ask : "Is this for me" ??? 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

h3 neo red 2.1mm 40 degree

So recently there was a promo from tt11 for h3 commerical so i bite the bullet a bought them thinking commerical and provincial will play the same after boosting. I was very wrong.

What I did:

Boosting method:
5 thin layer of kailin then glue to rubber.

Although commercial does play "good" after boost it lacks the underlying "power" provincial has. The "clicky" sound is more pronoune on provical neo h3 than commerical.

I never risk playing commercial H3 on FH, BH is ok.

A Chinese reviewer on Bilibili has tested a number of commercial H3 sheets. Despite the indicated hardness, the actual sponge hardness can vary by 1 degree, sometimes 2 degrees from what the package says.

So potentially your 40 degree commercial H3 can be 39 or 41 degree. It's likely to be 39 degree because 5 layers of Kailin could've killed the 39 sponge.

May 2018
Got it. I will see how the National plays when it arrives. I got one sheet of blue sponge national and two sheets of orange sponge national.

I assume your provincial is blue sponge? Have you tried provincial orange sponge?

I have always played with commericial orange sponge. According to TT11's youtube review, they cannot tell the differnece between orange sponge commercial, provincial and national. However half of the reviewers said that blue sponge (only available in Provincial and National versions) does play better than the various variations of blue sponge rubbers. But the other half of the reviewers said they could not between the blue sponge and oranage sponge at all.

Then I also read that several CNT women's players use National orange sponge to play because it is a bit easier to control and play with compared to blue sponge which is almost a standard across and used by all CNT men's players. So I am all confused. Plus I doubt these CNT members get the same blue sponge and orange sponges that we buy on the open market; I am sure theirs are much better!
They are both orange sponge.

May 2018
I never risk playing commercial H3 on FH, BH is ok.

A Chinese reviewer on Bilibili has tested a number of commercial H3 sheets. Despite the indicated hardness, the actual sponge hardness can vary by 1 degree, sometimes 2 degrees from what the package says.

So potentially your 40 degree commercial H3 can be 39 or 41 degree. It's likely to be 39 degree because 5 layers of Kailin could've killed the 39 sponge.
I edit my post. There are some desprepency.