Dignics 05 vs Tenergy 05 Hard

This user has no status.
Hi people!

For the last ten years, I have been playing with Teneregy 05 on my FH. My games relies in generating a lot of spin on looping and decent drives during rallies. But recently, I have been trying to incorporate counter-attack in my game but it seems difficult with Tenergy 05 on my FH. Even if I'm slightly out of position or not bending properly, the ball would go somewhere. Few days back, I tried Dignics 05 and Tenergy 05 Hard for counter-attacks and it worked well for me. I was able to easily attack others loop as the ball stuck longer on my rubber. Considering my game style, which rubber would you suggest? I am trying to evolve my game:)

Thank you!

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Counter style is quite good with 47.5d when close to the table. When you take even half a step back 50d rubbers are better. Considering this you might find TO5H unforgiving, while D05 gives more gears and support during these balls.

Obviously hybid and tacky rubbers are even better, you could look into D09C

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Hello all, what exactly is the advantages/disadvantages of T05 hard and D05 on the forehand side? I've used D05 extensively on backhand but never forehand. Would be interested in trying it out though.
Currently using D09c and I struggle with getting good pressure when hitting against higher level players (2000+) as I know I'll never be the strongest hitter.

This user has no status.
Hello all, what exactly is the advantages/disadvantages of T05 hard and D05 on the forehand side? I've used D05 extensively on backhand but never forehand. Would be interested in trying it out though.
Currently using D09c and I struggle with getting good pressure when hitting against higher level players (2000+) as I know I'll never be the strongest hitter.
Just twiddle the D05 that you already have to the FH and test it out yourself?

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
T05 Hard has a totally different feeling to D05. If you like hard Chinese rubbers, you'll like T05 Hard. It's very fast also.
Wtf have hard Chinese rubbers to do with t05 hard? They're polar opposites.

T05 hard has slightly lower throw than t05 and needs more power or else it slips from the topsheet, you need to activate the sponge in order to make proper use of it. Chinese rubbers have tackiness that makes them far easier to use because there's simply no way that the ball is simply gonna slip off the topsheet. Plus the feeling is completely different.

Reactions: Fnub
This user has no status.
Wtf have hard Chinese rubbers to do with t05 hard? They're polar opposites.

There are differences, of course. But I think there are many ways in which they feel similar and allow you to play similar shots.

T05 Hard and Chinese rubbers both have a hard sponge, and I think that affects the playing properties a lot. T05 Hard also has a lower throw angle than other EuroJap rubbers, and this feels like Chinese rubber to me. The hard sponge means that the ball does not dig into the sponge very much, and so you can play soft touches around the net without worrying too much about the spin. The low throw angle (and my penhold grip) lets me take the ball very close to the ground and topspin it up onto the table -- the kind of shot that Xu Xin does a lot.

Dignics 09c is about the same hardness as T05 Hard but the throw angle is much higher. For this reason I feel very uncomfortable with D09c even though it is tacky and hard like Chinese rubbers.

I don't know how to explain it more than that: I like Chinese rubber and I have been using them for the past couple years. I've tried a lot of EuroJap rubbers (including Mark V, Rozena, Fastarc, Bluefire, T05, T05FX, D05, D80, D09c) and the only ones that I have felt comfortable with are Tenergy 05 Hard and Rasanter C53. It seems to me that players who like Chinese rubber will also like T05 Hard (and also Rasanter C53, check it out!).

This user has no status.
Interesting, I'll stick with dignics 05 for now but will keep a look out for a t05h. Thanks for the insight.

That's fair. T05 Hard is a unique rubber, and it's easy to see why so many professionals still use it (including Lin Yun-Ju, Kristian Karlsson, Ruwen Filus) even though the Dignics series is supposed to be newer and better.

I think it's definitely worth it to try T05 hard at some point. Even if it's not your favourite, I doubt that it will be a disappointment.