DIGNICS 05 which booster to use ?

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
In what way does Falco destroys japanese sponges?

Also would you boost Butterfly rubbers/sponges with Haifu seamoon then? Thanks!
It reacts bad with the factory butterfly boosting and creates an effect where instead of feeling the rubber like a trampoline with amazing feeling, it feels like an old sriver with more spin and no feedback.

Reactions: JJ Ng
I think is more due to the fact that Tenergies have small air pockets which are destroyed wwhen boosted. whereas most chinese hard rubbers dont.
The bottom line is that Tenergies and Dignicses are NOT made for boosting.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: merlin el mago
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I think is more due to the fact that Tenergies have small air pockets which are destroyed wwhen boosted. whereas most chinese hard rubbers dont.
The bottom line is that Tenergies and Dignicses are NOT made for boosting.

Cheers
L-zr
They do react extremely well to baby oil boosting, an old tenergy will get lively and fast again after baby oil. The speed effect lasts only a few days, maybe 2 weeks maximum. But the feeling stays for months.

They do react extremely well to baby oil boosting, an old tenergy will get lively and fast again after baby oil. The speed effect lasts only a few days, maybe 2 weeks maximum. But the feeling stays for months.
You mean paraffin oil. That's most likely the main ingrediency in all boosters. Then seamon add something to make it not to vaporize quickly.

I'm sorry I don't believe You.

Cheers
L-zr

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
You mean paraffin oil. That's most likely the main ingrediency in all boosters. Then seamon add something to make it not to vaporize quickly.

I'm sorry I don't believe You.

Cheers
L-zr
Well, I told you what happened when I put 2 layers of falco tempo long on my tenergy 80, it got completely destroyed, I threw it away because it was unplayable. And no, I meant baby oil, it works well. It's organic and doesn't react with the factory booster, it only adds on it.

Well, I told you what happened when I put 2 layers of falco tempo long on my tenergy 80, it got completely destroyed, I threw it away because it was unplayable. And no, I meant baby oil, it works well. It's organic and doesn't react with the factory booster, it only adds on it.
All boosters main component is paraffin oil and so is a lot of skin care products where probably baby oil is one of them. But there is so much other stuff in it so You'd be better off with some pure paraffin oil.

The sponge is made of the same chemical components so it mixes with the oil. The oil actually resolves the sponge so guess what happens when You use too much. Paraffin oil is a petroleum product and yes it is organic.

Cheers
L-zr

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Tensor products comprise of syntetic main component of polybutadien. Oil component is miserable if any. Oil will ruin syntetic rubber products, sorry.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
All boosters main component is paraffin oil and so is a lot of skin care products where probably baby oil is one of them. But there is so much other stuff in it so You'd be better off with some pure paraffin oil.

The sponge is made of the same chemical components so it mixes with the oil. The oil actually resolves the sponge so guess what happens when You use too much. Paraffin oil is a petroleum product and yes it is organic.

Cheers
L-zr
So you're telling me that I'm wrong and falco didn't destroy my tenergy, but when I put like 4 layers of baby oil and it was fine, that it never happened? There may be paraffin but it's in different concentrations, also there may be something else in falco that affects the spring sponge. So yeah, baby oil it is, because it's also cheap af. And it works.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
So you're telling me that I'm wrong and falco didn't destroy my tenergy, but when I put like 4 layers of baby oil and it was fine, that it never happened? There may be paraffin but it's in different concentrations, also there may be something else in falco that affects the spring sponge. So yeah, baby oil it is, because it's also cheap af. And it works.
What is the active ingredient in your baby oil?

I looked up on Amazon. Baby oil seems to be mineral oil.

If I type in paraffin oil, it brings me to paraffin lamp oil.

so I am totally confused!

May 2020
Read 1 reviews

Idk, it's a 2€ johnson's baby oil. It doesn't give almost any speed, it softens up the rubber a bit, expands it and gives it feeling. It gives some minor expansion to the rubber, it's not like falco which's chemicals boost the rubber.

It's nothing more than a good way to give some life back into a rubber that's not lost all grip yet. It should give it a few months before it completely dies. But that time it'll die for good...

But it's mineral oil, it softens the sponge, you don't get any speed out of it. It's more a second break in than a boosting process.

Also completely undetectable.

Is this how You understand tis part?
"The oil actually resolves the sponge so guess what happens when You use too much. "

Boosting is the same as destroying the sponge (always).
I think its pretty clear, but maybe its a language thing....

Cheers
L-zr

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Is this how You understand tis part?
"The oil actually resolves the sponge so guess what happens when You use too much. "

Boosting is the same as destroying the sponge (always).
I think its pretty clear, but maybe its a language thing....

Cheers
L-zr
That didn't happen with the haifu national though, and of course with the baby oil once the effect faded, the rubber became like it was before. But the falco did damage. There's a reason they say that it's good with esn rubbers.

paraffin oil is a type of mineral oil.

Paraffin oil is a cleaner type of kerosene, but both are extracted from petroleum products. Rubbers are made from the same material, this basically means that that type of oils resolves the rubber. I's as simple as this. Then also seamon uses some kind of substance to make the oil sticky and to not evaporate. I think falco is not doing this.

Cheers
L-zr

Got it. Thanks to both of your feedback.

I just ordered J&J baby oil = mineral oil. I will see how it goes. I have a couple old Tenergy 05 fx, Tenergy 80 and Dignics 05. Maybe I will try mineral oil to see if I can revive those rubbers a bit!
If You check out Your home builders store You may find fid some purer paraffin oil. Its often used for wood care. I have used it for a long time on my wooden cutting boards. Its good for this, because its taste and odorless.

Then You can use white spirit (also made from petroleum) to make it thinner if You want.
But in the end its really destroying the sponge...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
If You check out Your home builders store You may find fid some purer paraffin oil. Its often used for wood care. I have used it for a long time on my wooden cutting boards. Its good for this, because its taste and odorless.

Then You can use white spirit (also made from petroleum) to make it thinner if You want.
But in the end its really destroying the sponge...

Cheers
L-zr
I have been pretty happy with Haifu Seamoon and Falco Temp Long.

I am just going to try pure baby oil = mineral oil and see how it goes this time.

I have tried Haifu National Yellow before and did not feel that it was worth the cost.

I have gone back and forth between Haifu Seamoon and Falco temp Long, and I do not believe that Falco tempo Long really lasts "longer."

I think it is all marketing.

I do believe that once boosted, the sponge is permanently changed. Some people say the effects of booster go away within 2 weeks or so. Quite honestly I cannot feel the difference. I often wait for 3-6 months before reboosting the rubber again. I don't have time to reboost rubbers every 2 weeks.