Dimitrij Ovtcharov Forced To Withdraw From The WTTTC 2016!

Recent Europe Top 16 winner Dimitrij Ovtcharov has been forced to withdraw from the upcoming World Team Championships 2016. Dimitrij Ovtcharov has just posted a Facebook status on why he has withdrawn.

dimaboll2.jpg

Dimitrij Ovtcharov withdraws from WTTTC 2016! Photo by: ITTF

Ovtcharov has been in good form recently winning the 2016 DHS Swiss Open and Europe Top 16 has withdrawn from the World Team Championships next week due to a back injury.

Dimitrij Ovtcharov on Facebook, "Very bitter and very hard decision. I have to withdraw from the World Championchips in Malaysia due to heavy back problems. Now I will try to recover as soon as possible and to come back even stronger. ?#?RoadtoRio?".

dimitrijbackinjury2016.jpg

German National Team player Steffen Mengel has replaced Dimitrij Ovtcharov. For all the latest news, results, videos and to follow all the action from the World Team Championships click here.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
TableTennisDaily

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
That is because of his training.
I also heared that he is playing lot worse since he stopped the doping.
I also heared that Timo Boll is training only 3 times per week, just 1,5 hours each training.
Guess howmuch Dima is spending with training .. ? :)
I think many of those guys are just training wrong. They are trying to train as much as they can, but maybe they are doing it wrong. Maybe less but more intense would be better.. who knows? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
In all honesty, there's high probability that they won't even get out of the group stages. The top 2 go through I think, so Sweden, then France/England - probably France though.
I agree that it will be hard for Germany to beat the one or other team even in group stage without Ovtcharov and a Boll far away from being fit (lost against Gauzy today in Bundesliga i.e.).
However, I am sure they will come through group stage as the best three teams proceed, not only two, you are wrong, see http://www.ittf.com/World_Events/wttc_2016/2016_WTTC_Playing_System.pdf

If they don't finish in top three in their group it would be a shame, even under these tough circumstances.