says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
But that's mad expensive
I go to Hamilton Fish

just text me at 347-566-8235

What is mad expensive? We are meeting at Spin, we are not playing there. Lily Yips, I don't think it will be too expensive to play there for a few hours.

If you want to join us, meet us at Spin at noon.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Shit, I'm not able to come this early. We are doing some sightseeing right now and will be back at hotel some time in the afternoon at 5pm I would estimate.

It will be difficult for me to get to LYTTC then as I assume all of you are there already at that time?

Ah, too bad. It was fun.

Here are some photos.

Left to right: 42andbackpains, NextLevel, Ilia Minkin, Matt Hetherington, USDCarl, Dave Whipple, Der_Echte

06e8c31f69fd3bfb00b559b667a38b1d.jpg

Far table: Ilia and Dave
Near table: Der_Echte and NextLevel

0e9ddb7f8453f5432c156ed5116fbf90.jpg

ee3c3bf948d9acb4d40f1f2d2975b9c2.jpg

0e3e5ccfdac8a92952b7ccdc304fef71.jpg

44b3c16a3117839d4194551a8d54587a.jpg

72bd4d1bd1d1b4d3df050263d886c390.jpg

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Great stuff! Thanks for posting the pics and it looks like you guys were getting it off. Wow D_E index finger is very high ready for a FH rip :)

Just wait till NextLevel loads and posts links the the video footage.

We played some good doubles matches. I played matches with NextLevel and Der_Echte that were filmed and they both crushed me even though there are a few places where I play well for brief periods or have a good rally. Those guys are just a bit too good for me. But it is still fun to play.

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Too bad I wasn't able to join you guys, would have been a lot of fun to come play some matches and hang out :/ Only just came back to the hotel, it took us longer than expected... wish I had had more time visiting NYC.. but great pics and hope you all had fun! I hope I'll be able to join another time :)

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Normally finger is in a normal position unless I do a certain shot. I suspect someone photo-shopped that pic. I was hot garbage, NL easily defeated me 3-0 and I swung and missed many easy balls. I think Carl put something in my water for LULZ to even it up.

I think NL captured the last point of first game of doubles with D_E + NL vs Matt and Carl a rally happened at 10-9 and Carl on his third hit made a shot to wide BH corner when I was in FH corner. I made a nifty 15 foot cross step to barely get it and land it. matt had already turned his back to confer with Carl what to do at 10-10. That is why you never give up.

Reactions: 42andbackpains
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I wasn't happy with my (lack of) performance vs NL and after last match of nigh of Me vs Carl, I was still mr. Frown Face Grouchy Customer and Carl reminded me why we had the meetup with a bear hug.

With players of a similar level, there's always going to be some back and forth of who wins. Especially if you give your opponent most of the secrets of how your serves work.

But there are these lyrics that come from an old, old Motörhead song:

If you like to gamble I'll tell you how you stand,
You win some, you lose some,
It's all the same to me;
The pleasure is in playin',
Makes no difference what you say!

I think that sums it up! We had a great time getting together.

And Der_Echte brought up a fun point in our doubles match with NextLevel and William against Matt and me where Matt thought I ended the point and turned to me to congratulate me and missed that William got to the ball with his back to us and got the ball back. Hahaha. But there were a few really good points in that match including one where I went around the net for a nice winner.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Another thing no one saw was the official after-TT feast at nearby Chinese restaurant. I ordered enough rice to sutain a platoon for two weeks... and ate all of it.

NL and I got around to discussing how to grow TT again. He talked about a kid in his club who would be a great leader like Abe, and NL suggested I get USATT CEO involved. I had already thought about the kind of investment required to make a huge dent in an acceptable time frame and immediately dismissed it as a likely reject by USATT. They don't have the money.

Then Next Level gave me a brilliant idea, make a deal where USATT gives an official title to developmental leader and official documentation so these children leaders have some real clout and respect when dealing with the school to start a TT program.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That is a great idea. It costs USATT very little to give titles and get kids motivated to organize.

I wonder how the discussion always seems to come around to growing the sport whenever Der_Echte is around. I can't seem to figure that out. Everyone else is talking about their best points and what they want to eat for dinner and Der_Echte always seems to end up on the dodgy subject of how to grow the sport.

I might get the idea that he likes this sport and wants to get it to grow and wants more people thinking about how to get it to grow.

What do you think? How do we get this sport to grow?

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The deal is a kid like Abe is already popular and liked at school, and everyone knows he is doing great in TT and having a blast. They see the social media and him in person. Such a person will generate demand from the base up and when he approach school officials with a workable low cost plan to get kids into TT at school, where there is a built-in infrastructure, then it can happen.

If USATT supported the kid with a real sharp uniform with the USA and TT TEAM DEVLOPMENT and JUNIOR PROGRAM LEADER or something like that, plus give a certificate stating that, an official large wear over the neck on a laynard TT credential, and a letter to their school officials...

This would leverage and provide synergy where we in USA are not working very efficiently and high percentage when attempting to get school officials.

A gret example of this is HOOKSHOT from MyTT, OOAK, and About.com ... he is retired and has all day on his hands, he has gone to many schools in his area, offered FREE coaching and equipment for the chance to teach children TT in school and was told to hit the road each time.

A likely reason or three for this is the school doesn't know Hookshot, doesn't know what he can do, did not grow any trust with him YET, and did not demonstrate that 1/4 the school (like in Abe's case) wanted to participate.

If we work it to get USATT to officially back a kid already in school, who already has peer like and support, who already is respected and known by the school, AND now has USATT CEO personally getting involved in talking in writing, and orally if needed fro questions... then this is like a hot sales lead for a marketing type... which I think that is the CEO's background.

I would have to think of a way to cover specifics and future return analysis and the like to make a presentation to the ceO, but that in a concise manner are the bones this concept.

This is a way that no other company or USATT administration has tried out... that I can tell. Greg Letts made fun of the companies in his vids (for disregarding growing the base (which would grow their profits) and focusing on how to squeeze out max cash) and given the chance and his knowledge of prior USATT administrations would mock them too, BUT the current administration has shown they are not like that, so that is prolly why Greg didn't make that vid.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
BUT the current administration has shown they are not like that, so that is prolly why Greg didn't make that vid.

DTop told me that video is coming. But first he has to make a video parody of you and me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hey, guys, sorry I have been out of commission. Still slightly am. Stuck in my club at the moment trying to catch a nap if you can believe it...

I have uploaded the videos and made them public as well as the play list containing the videos. If you want to post there here (i can't do so until I get home).

This user has no status.
I only took a few pics. I was mesmerized watching the TTD forum members play and busy getting secret info about the goon squad. NL gave me some TT knowledge and it is very much appreciated. USDC the Yoga Master gave me some very valuable super secret knowledge for my bad back. I will use both the TT and Yoga knowledge with great care. Lets meet again soon and we can always play at my club until 12 midnight...Hee Hee :D

20160102_144033.jpg20160102_144034.jpg20160102_144035.jpg20160102_144037.jpg

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Schemer_SC and Next Level will be in Howard County Tourney just south of Batlimore if anyone wanna come and show up... it's ONLY a 4 hr drive to get there... and another 4 hr drive back... That is what I do to visit my TT friends in NYC area... anyone besides Schemer/NL gunna roll down here for the win? :D