Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon vs andro Treiber K/Z

This user has no status.
So it is me again asking for your help :) While searching for a new setup it came down to the 2 blades already mentioned in the title. Is there anyone who has experience with one (or both) blade(s)? Thank you in advance for helping me and have a great day

PS: The rubbers I will be using are FH: Donic bluefire M1 and BH: Donic bluefire M1/andro rasant powergrip

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Ive read your last thread and it seems like you are lost in suggestions and informations.
The consensus by some users in this forum is that the true carbon is almost similar to your zhang jike ALC. i think you are making the mistake of reading to much without having played many blades or knowing what it is you are searching for.
Your blade has koto outer plies. limba wood feels different. Maybe the blade you tried had limba and that is what you liked
or you felt more vibrations which often times is provided by 5 ply all wood blades.
However thats just a little sidenote because if you read alot in forums or rating sites you can get lost.
By the way in general its better to switch one thing at a time. in your case id rather change rubbers first.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The Donic True Carbon is virtually a "carbon copy" of a ZJK ALC. Only it is cheaper. I have both of those blades. If you are looking for something different from the ZJK ALC, then the DTC is not for you. I have not tried the Andro blades.

I didn't see your earlier thread but I agree with the last comment as a general observation. It is really easy to get paralyzed by reading too much on the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xanderngzien
This user has no status.
Ive read your last thread and it seems like you are lost in suggestions and informations.
The consensus by some users in this forum is that the true carbon is almost similar to your zhang jike ALC. i think you are making the mistake of reading to much without having played many blades or knowing what it is you are searching for.
Your blade has koto outer plies. limba wood feels different. Maybe the blade you tried had limba and that is what you liked
or you felt more vibrations which often times is provided by 5 ply all wood blades.
However thats just a little sidenote because if you read alot in forums or rating sites you can get lost.
By the way in general its better to switch one thing at a time. in your case id rather change rubbers first.

I played my friends Stiga Infinity VPS you seem to be right I will be testing the Treiber blades on wednesday

I'd appreciate some blade suggestions so I will be able to test them

This user has no status.
I played my friends Stiga Infinity VPS you seem to be right I will be testing the Treiber blades on wednesday

I'd appreciate some blade suggestions so I will be able to test them

I am looking for something more direct since I have been working to stay closer to the table for a long time now.
Sorry for being a bit complicated :3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
zhang jike alc is a direct blade already. if you define "direct" by throw angle then id say get a 47+ degree "lower throw" rubber. Tenergy 64, Tibhar Aurus, joola rythm, rasant grip/turbo, Hexer HD or stiga genesis s/m to name a few.

the harder the rubber the more direct the feeling.

sadly i havent played to many blades to help you on your search. infinity fits the bill. stiga offensive classic probably too. and andro blades in general tend to be stiffer since they experiment more with harder outer plies.

This user has no status.
zhang jike alc is a direct blade already. if you define "direct" by throw angle then id say get a 47+ degree "lower throw" rubber. Tenergy 64, Tibhar Aurus, joola rythm, rasant grip/turbo, Hexer HD or stiga genesis s/m to name a few.

the harder the rubber the more direct the feeling.

sadly i havent played to many blades to help you on your search. infinity fits the bill. stiga offensive classic probably too. and andro blades in general tend to be stiffer since they experiment more with harder outer plies.

Thank you very much, I will be taking a look at the andro blades

From what I know the Trieber blades have better control and are better for blocking since they are thicker. The True Carbon is probably better for looping and has a higher throw but won't support a blocking/all-round style as well as the Triebers. By the way how would you compare the Infinity to your ZJK ALC and the True Carbon?