Enough of the spam bots!

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Unfortunately, in such famous forums related to almost anything (in this case ping pong) are usually flooded with spam bots / accounts. I don't think there is an effective solution to the problem, as if you delete or ban an account like that, another one or more will come back. Maybe from different IPs or something. I'm not an expert, but a solution could be if we checked which countries does the spam accounts' activities come from, then maybe rangeban that whole country for the sake of the website. This might not be a proper solution of the problem, just a random idea.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys, we're working on a solution to this issue. Thanks for reporting etc. Hopefully we will have a fix to stopping all these spam bots. As @GregorTT425 has mentioned its not easy. We are going to try a few more tweaks. Will keep you posted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hey guys, we're working on a solution to this issue. Thanks for reporting etc. Hopefully we will have a fix to stopping all these spam bots. As @GregorTT425 has mentioned its not easy. We are going to try a few more tweaks. Will keep you posted.
Easy one @Dan
Before they join, they need to be able to return one of your serves (physical or digital)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Dan, you should make it so users have to do CAPTCHA before their comment/post is submitted. It should cut down on the vast majority of spam/bot posts.

Reactions: Gozo Aruna
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
WTF, this is getting really out of hand. The entire front page is filled with spam. it's more like a DOS attack now.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Dan, you should make it so users have to do CAPTCHA before their comment/post is submitted. It should cut down on the vast majority of spam/bot posts.
My understanding is that CAPTCHA has already been added. They have done a bunch of things. But they will find a solution to these guys who are slipping past the spam catcher software.

I honestly think it would not be a bad idea to have a few more moderators on the forum. I have deleted 100s and 100s of spam and spam accounts from the site in the past few days.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I honestly think it would not be a bad idea to have a few more moderators on the forum. I have deleted 100s and 100s of spam and spam accounts from the site in the past few days.

It's a shit work.

Why is not so that first say 3 posts are not visible to "normal" users. Only to you - admin? So you can decide. That delay alone may significantly increase the barrier for getting the reward, and decrease their motivation :) Suga Suga Suga

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It's a shit work.

Why is not so that first say 3 posts are not visible to "normal" users. Only to you - admin? So you can decide. That delay alone may significantly increase the barrier for getting the reward, and decrease their motivation :) Suga Suga Suga
what happens for post 4 to post 400?
will it go directly to normal users?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
what happens for post 4 to post 400?
will it go directly to normal users?

If the admin(s) say/decide: OK, you seem to "TTD-valid" :). Then yes. If not, then not.

I meant it so that when a new user comes, he is in "entering" state. Admin(s) decide if he get to "accepted" or "rejected" state. Normal users see posts only from "accepted" users.

This doesn't make the life better for USDC, but for others maybe...

And my speculation was, that it may increase the barrier and decrease the amount of idiots who try, so after a while, it perhaps would even make it better for admin.

Last edited: