equivalence USA rating and France rating ?

says Aging is a killer
It's difficult because there so many players in France and the spread of talent is very wide. So you may have perhaps 1000 players that are around the 2300 in ability. Example, I know a UK player that's ranked around number 20(+/-)2. He is very comfortable against any player ranked below 60. That same player is ranked at 380 in France (+/-) 20 or so. He tells me that he has to fight very hard to beat any player ranked below him up to around 1000.
I would say that France number 400 is about 2300 - 2500 so judge from that.
When looking at the US rating system, you must bear in mind that it is based almost purely on table tennis as played in singles tournaments. AFAIAA, there is no club-based team league. Generally, Americans don't do community based sport. This is a completely different from the mindset of Europeans where sport, including TT, is close to being 100% club-based team competition.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
thanks for these detailed explanations, i understand a bit more.

do you know about ratings under number 1000 in France and England ?

In France, there's a lot of championship players, competition is strong among each and there's a lot of rating.

In england I presume far less players and thus a smaller rating range, does it ?

says Aging is a killer
The TT culture in England is much different to France caused by several things.
In England, Most TT is played during the week in what we call local leagues. That is, each city area usually has a league. But, these matches are not recorded on the rating system.
There are about 30,000 players in England. But only about 2000 play tournaments. Thus the ratings and rankings only cover those 2000 players.
Our top 2 players, Drinkhall and Pitchford, can compete with French players but the rest would be blown away by the equivalent French player in rank.