This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
In Hungary:
EL-S - 38.7 EUR, 42.6 USD
Bluefire M2 - 28.4 EUR, 31,2 USD
V>15 Extra - 27.1 EUR, 29.8 USD
Vega Pro - 26.6 EUR, 29.3 USD
And the payment is proportionately less.

Vega Pro: durability is the main issue. It doesn't die early, but the playing characteristics become awful. It still grips the ball but doesn't have any 'piercing' power, loops are easy to block.
M2 is definitely softer than T05, but has only medium hardness, not too soft, not too hard.

This user has no status.
hey sakumi,,,tell me everything about dhs h8,,,i want to try it,,,is it that tacky?? like dans said in his review??? (sorry for bad english btw)

Sent from my EVERCOSS-A75L using Tapatalk

Firstly, I would like to ask if you have ever used a chinese rubber before?

The hurricane 8 is tacky but after a couple of months the tack wears off - it cannot pick the ball up. Don't be worried by this, the rubber can still produce a lot of spin.
It is great for spin on serves. The sponge is medium hard but closer to the hard end so you need have a more hitting contact than brushing (but brushing is still necessary)to create spin on the ball.
The control is very good but equally you must have a good arm swing and a low stance. The speed is good because on slower hits the ball is slower and on faster hits the ball moves faster. However, you must
be careful when trying to do a fast shot - you must have the correct balance between hitting and brushing. Counter looping is extremely easy.

Personally I would choose the hurricane 3 neo because it has, to me, a more solid feeling. I will be going back to it once my big dipper is dead.

The reason I asked you the question at the top was so to give me an idea of what rubbers you have used. It will allow me to give u a comparison.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Firstly, I would like to ask if you have ever used a chinese rubber before?

The hurricane 8 is tacky but after a couple of months the tack wears off - it cannot pick the ball up. Don't be worried by this, the rubber can still produce a lot of spin.
It is great for spin on serves. The sponge is medium hard but closer to the hard end so you need have a more hitting contact than brushing (but brushing is still necessary)to create spin on the ball.
The control is very good but equally you must have a good arm swing and a low stance. The speed is good because on slower hits the ball is slower and on faster hits the ball moves faster. However, you must
be careful when trying to do a fast shot - you must have the correct balance between hitting and brushing. Counter looping is extremely easy.

Personally I would choose the hurricane 3 neo because it has, to me, a more solid feeling. I will be going back to it once my big dipper is dead.

The reason I asked you the question at the top was so to give me an idea of what rubbers you have used. It will allow me to give u a comparison.
now i'm using yinhe saturn pro for fh and bh.

This user has no status.
sakumi,is hurricane 3 neo good for backhand???

Well it depends on how you play. Personally I prefer medium hard rubbers - H3 neo is a hard. I tried H3 neo on my BH as a joke and I didn't like it too much but the Hurricane 8 is actually not too bad in my opinion.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Wow thanks a lot Ilia, i didnt know these reviews!

Cant say i disagree much, although i do think that the EL-S in fact does react quite a bit to incoming spin. Also it doesnt seem to me like the most blocking-friendly rubber out there. Passive blocking wouldnt work too well, some own initiative to the ball is required. Those two elements took me a while to get used to (the MX-S somehow seems more forgiving in those regards). It still provides good control though, the catapult isnt off the chart. Plays similarly to 05 imo especially in low and medium gears

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Wow thanks a lot Ilia, i didnt know these reviews!

Cant say i disagree much, although i do think that the EL-S in fact does react quite a bit to incoming spin. Also it doesnt seem to me like the most blocking-friendly rubber out there. Passive blocking wouldnt work too well, some own initiative to the ball is required. Those two elements took me a while to get used to (the MX-S somehow seems more forgiving in those regards). It still provides good control though, the catapult isnt off the chart. Plays similarly to 05 imo especially in low and medium gears

I've heard that the EL-S doesn't create as much spin on shots where you hit the bad harder. Is this true?

This user has no status.
I've heard that the EL-S doesn't create as much spin on shots where you hit the bad harder. Is this true?

from my experience: yes, although i dont hit the ball that hard too often with my backhand for me to notice it much in actual play, but maybe thats just me. i tend to use it more for very spinny well placed balls. doesnt mean at all however, that the rubber lacks power to finnish off ralleys. nothing sweeter than that backhand killshot :D

from my memory the rubber seems to be a tad softer than 05; doesnt have as much kick (for the lack of a better word) when you really dig into the ball. i like it however much more than the 05 for opening loops and the followup of them. for me personally -- i guess it will vary -- i have better feel and control with just the same amount of spin on those non-highend gears. arc is lower than 05 (hey, no surprises here), but still medium-high and gives all the clearance over the net you need (psst, also its rather cheap:cool:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
from my experience: yes, although i dont hit the ball that hard too often with my backhand for me to notice it much in actual play, but maybe thats just me. i tend to use it more for very spinny well placed balls. doesnt mean at all however, that the rubber lacks power to finnish off ralleys. nothing sweeter than that backhand killshot :D

from my memory the rubber seems to be a tad softer than 05; doesnt have as much kick (for the lack of a better word) when you really dig into the ball. i like it however much more than the 05 for opening loops and the followup of them. for me personally -- i guess it will vary -- i have better feel and control with just the same amount of spin on those non-highend gears. arc is lower than 05 (hey, no surprises here), but still medium-high and gives all the clearance over the net you need (psst, also its rather cheap:cool:)

I watched Dan's review and he said that he prefers the MX-S on the BH. How does it compare to the EL-S?

Also, do you know if the EL-S is similar to Rakza 7? I think the speed is slightly slower on the R7 but has more spin potential.

This user has no status.
I watched Dan's review and he said that he prefers the MX-S on the BH. How does it compare to the EL-S?

Also, do you know if the EL-S is similar to Rakza 7? I think the speed is slightly slower on the R7 but has more spin potential.

i think i understand the argument for MX-S in the backhand. It also does take incoming spin quite well, although maybe less than EL-S. The blocking however is better for me. Its easier to predict where the ball would go, no funny business happening, very reliable, somewhat more linear. Just like the EL-S the lower catapult helps for these close-to-table aspects. The hard sponge seems to help with flipping through the ball. Once I got used to the EL-S however i didnt have much trouble

i didnt choose MX-S for my backhand though basically because i found my technique lacking. the spin seems to be pretty comparable to the EL-S except for really fast hit balls, where MX-S surpasses EL-S in speed and spin. my forehand technique and armpull are quite good and fast, hence why i use it on my forehand. in my backhand i wouldnt be able to "activate" the potential of the MX-S, so in that sense itd be a waste. a slightly softer rubber serves me personally a bit better, gives me a better feel for the ball (i also considered fx-s or fx-p, but so far i cant complain)

i would love dan to review FX-S and EL-S and hear his opinion. they havent gotten too much attention after the initial hype it seems

unfortunately i have never tried the rakza 7, so i cant share experience on that, other than finlands #3 uses them iirc :cool:

ps: i might add, the arc of mx-s seems a bit lower to me than that of the el-s

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
i think i understand the argument for MX-S in the backhand. It also does take incoming spin quite well, although maybe less than EL-S. The blocking however is better for me. Its easier to predict where the ball would go, no funny business happening, very reliable, somewhat more linear. Just like the EL-S the lower catapult helps for these close-to-table aspects. The hard sponge seems to help with flipping through the ball. Once I got used to the EL-S however i didnt have much trouble

i didnt choose MX-S for my backhand though basically because i found my technique lacking. the spin seems to be pretty comparable to the EL-S except for really fast hit balls, where MX-S surpasses EL-S in speed and spin. my forehand technique and armpull are quite good and fast, hence why i use it on my forehand. in my backhand i wouldnt be able to "activate" the potential of the MX-S, so in that sense itd be a waste. a slightly softer rubber serves me personally a bit better, gives me a better feel for the ball (i also considered fx-s or fx-p, but so far i cant complain)

i would love dan to review FX-S and EL-S and hear his opinion. they havent gotten too much attention after the initial hype it seems

unfortunately i have never tried the rakza 7, so i cant share experience on that, other than finlands #3 uses them iirc :cool:

ps: i might add, the arc of mx-s seems a bit lower to me than that of the el-s

Thanks for the reply.

I think I will go for the El-S (or the R7) because it has a higher arc but apart from that they sound pretty similar.