Experience with defensive blades

gui

This user has no status.

gui

This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Hello folks,

Does anyone have experience to share if they have tested or heard about the Sanwei Defence Alpha, Tibhar CO-S-3 Defence, Tibhar Stratus Power Defense or others better wood?

I am looking for an ultra-slow wood to give me control, as I use Grass D.TecS on the backhand and Tenergy 05 on the forehand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
/www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002740218953.html

Slowest blade i own and know. I did not have the skill , strength and agility to play it with , when using pimple out OX. Even with a MilkyWay 955 and a .7mm sponge I could hardly return anything back over the net.

Works fine for me with H3 and H3 neo but not in a strictly defensive way

Reactions: gui
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hello folks,

Does anyone have experience to share if they have tested or heard about the Sanwei Defence Alpha, Tibhar CO-S-3 Defence, Tibhar Stratus Power Defense or others better wood?

I am looking for an ultra-slow wood to give me control, as I use Grass D.TecS on the backhand and Tenergy 05 on the forehand.
I can recommend Donic Def Senso v3 (discontinued??), and Stiga Defensive pro (Gold Label)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I have two Yinhe defensive blades, the 980 and the 980XX. They have roughly the same speed (1150Hz) but different wood plies. The 980XX (willow top ply) is softer (and >2x the cost) and is said to be a copy of the Butterfly's Matsushita Pro which is no longer being sold. The 980 has a harder top ply. They both have the oversized head area. I am playing the 980XX (also named after Kim Song I ;-) ) with Hurricane 3 Neo F/H and Dawei 988-D1 Professional B/H (0.8mm sponge). So I think these blades are for "modern defenders" and not extremely slow. I am going back and forth between the 980XX and the Victas Swat (same 1150Hz but thin 7-ply Limba top) and I think I have better control with the 980XX but it is a little more head heavy. I really like this blade. When I got it (with flared handle which seems to be more rare) it was the only one available on AliExpress ;-). The quality of the blade is impeccable like all the other Yinhe blades I have.

gui

This user has no status.

gui

This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Tibhar CO-S-3 Defence is really ultra slow blade. I played it with Dornenglanz 2 and Spinart on the booster. That was great
Do you know If cos-s-3 is more slow or equal than Sanwei Alpha defence?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I haven't played with Alpha, but apparently the blade Tibhar CO-S-3 will be slower and most likely softer because it's lighter in weight and have a three-layer, unlike the five-layer Alpha
The characteristics on revspin also confirm this.

Last edited:

gui

This user has no status.

gui

This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I haven't played with Alpha, but apparently the blade Tibhar CO-S-3 will be slower and most likely softer because it's lighter in weight and have a three-layer, unlike the five-layer Alpha
The characteristics on revspin also confirm this.
Nice, thanks!!

What do you think about the rubbers that i use combined with the cos s 3? Will be better than Alpha?