Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Lol havent seen other versions. That seems awkward, especially because Loki already have so many weirdly named rubbers, which are hard to keep apart...

Btw i tested a bit around in that category of fh rubbers, switching between H3 os, rxton 9 and B2 BS and what i found out is, that i cant play the same with H3 os anymore because it is too linear. Even boosted i cant seem to get the same result and power in it, which seems logic but still kinda surprised me, that it hit so clearly.

Another thing is, that lifting backspin and controlling and overall getting a clearer higher arc from Rxton 9 is pain if it is unboosted. I tried it twice with 2 different sheets and the result was the same.
I boosted once too hard (2 bigger layers) and the rubber already became a bit mushy and too dynamic for my taste. So i boosted another sheet again with 2 thin layers and the result is kinda perfect. Didnt miss a single loop on backspin.

I nearly got the same result with B2 BS unboosted, but the highend power and the harder downward hitting loops are lacking a little bit. But i do have good control and overall feeling with that one too, so i am struggling a bit with which rubber i am gonna stick. Especially because B2 is cheaper and the differences are so little that im not sure they matter at all.
Maybe im gonna test B2 another time a bit more thoroughly some time.
can you please give me more details about the
that i cant play the same with H3 os anymore because it is too linear
also watching GAN's review of Rxton9 he said that the H3 grips the ball and toss it, while Rxton9 hit though the ball. What is your experience on this one ?

This user has no status.
can you please give me more details about the

also watching GAN's review of Rxton9 he said that the H3 grips the ball and toss it, while Rxton9 hit though the ball. What is your experience on this one ?

Well OS definitly doesnt toss that much xD
If i wanted to compare it to BS i had to pay about 55-60€. A price tag i am so unwilling to pay. Otherwise i could also go and pay up for butterfly garbage.

Gan states that Rxton 9 has the harder sponge, although both have the same degree. Maybe he means the topsheet or smth else entirely. Either way the difference to H3 OS are quite more significant to the BS of Loki and probably even higher than i remembered several years ago when i once played with H3 BS (which cost around 40€ at that time btw). But i was a totally different player back than as well.

And the reason i "probably cant play with H3 anymore" is that i got used to B2 BS and Loki Arthur China and Loki Rxton 9 which all have higher speed and can lift the ball better. Especially in better playing environments (i.e. Nittaku balls and newer tables) the shots i receive have way more quality and overall more spin which is harder to return with a brick than with my latest rubbers.
I am not saying that H3 cant do that and i am being quite picky here, but i am not in a league anymore in which i can fullswing around anything and expect the rallye to be over. The ball comes back again in many many many cases now, even if i hit perfect hard shots and i have to be ready for that. You should know best how difficult it is to get ready for the next shot if you just loaded everything you have in your last shot.
With H3 i have to lean more into my shot to get the same result i have now, but that cost me time i often dont have.

Hope these were the details you hoped for^^
If not ask away

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Well OS definitly doesnt toss that much xD
If i wanted to compare it to BS i had to pay about 55-60€. A price tag i am so unwilling to pay. Otherwise i could also go and pay up for butterfly garbage.

Gan states that Rxton 9 has the harder sponge, although both have the same degree. Maybe he means the topsheet or smth else entirely. Either way the difference to H3 OS are quite more significant to the BS of Loki and probably even higher than i remembered several years ago when i once played with H3 BS (which cost around 40€ at that time btw). But i was a totally different player back than as well.

And the reason i "probably cant play with H3 anymore" is that i got used to B2 BS and Loki Arthur China and Loki Rxton 9 which all have higher speed and can lift the ball better. Especially in better playing environments (i.e. Nittaku balls and newer tables) the shots i receive have way more quality and overall more spin which is harder to return with a brick than with my latest rubbers.
I am not saying that H3 cant do that and i am being quite picky here, but i am not in a league anymore in which i can fullswing around anything and expect the rallye to be over. The ball comes back again in many many many cases now, even if i hit perfect hard shots and i have to be ready for that. You should know best how difficult it is to get ready for the next shot if you just loaded everything you have in your last shot.
With H3 i have to lean more into my shot to get the same result i have now, but that cost me time i often dont have.

Hope these were the details you hoped for^^
If not ask away
thanks for the info, I also hope that the Rxton9 will give me a bit boost in speed (10% is enough) compares to H3 pro neo blue. Looping wise I am very satisfy with my H3, but blocking also requires more effort and some gains in speed may help with that

This user has no status.
thanks for the info, I also hope that the Rxton9 will give me a bit boost in speed (10% is enough) compares to H3 pro neo blue. Looping wise I am very satisfy with my H3, but blocking also requires more effort and some gains in speed may help with that
im already excited to hear your thoughts about it.
Especially because im unsure if im gonna stick with it.
Lets hope Loki wont come up with quality and/or consistency issues.

Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
oh pls, is there even a new Rxton9 variation :ROFLMAO: don't tell me they're gonna make the Speed, Spin, Arc, Power versions like 729 Bloom
Haha i dont know, it seems only the sponge changes, like i Said it Says special focus speed type on the Hardness parameter. Normal R9 list all posible hardness, from 38.5 to 40.5
Screenshot_20240221-144500-940.png

• Haha
Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Haha i dont know, it seems only the sponge changes, like i Said it Says special focus speed type on the Hardness parameter. Normal R9 list all posible hardness, from 38.5 to 40.5
View attachment 28477
Any other new Loki rubbers coming out this year?

A softer "bh" version of LAC would be really cool. I guess that's what Rxton 7 is for...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Any other new Loki rubbers coming out this year?

A softer "bh" version of LAC would be really cool. I guess that's what Rxton 7 is for...
im still waiting for Rxton7 to Start Mass production, i always ask my agent for news haha. Telson series have 2 rubbers planned & they sound promising as eurojap grippy alternatives, they should be cheaper than R9 too, we should see.
Screenshot_20240221-172732 (1).png

T3 Carbon Is already out, i assumed its just repackagin Of T3 but they Said its an updated version with improved pore structure AND some other details🤷, i ordered some to test & compare with old T3. T3 Speed Is also out already, Orange sponge feels much softer than regular T3, nice rebound.
So far my latest favourite release Is R3 pro, plays great otb nice reception amoung different players.

Reactions: Mssousa01
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
im still waiting for Rxton7 to Start Mass production, i always ask my agent for news haha. Telson series have 2 rubbers planned & they sound promising as eurojap grippy alternatives, they should be cheaper than R9 too, we should see.
View attachment 28478
T3 Carbon Is already out, i assumed its just repackagin Of T3 but they Said its an updated version with improved pore structure AND some other details🤷, i ordered some to test & compare with old T3. T3 Speed Is also out already, Orange sponge feels much softer than regular T3, nice rebound.
So far my latest favourite release Is R3 pro, plays great otb nice reception amoung different players.
Do T3 Carbon and T3 speed use the same topsheet as regular T3? I found the topsheet is not grippy enough.

Do Telson rubbers use the same topsheet as T3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Do T3 Carbon and T3 speed use the same topsheet as regular T3? I found the topsheet is not grippy enough.
I felt T3 Speed has similar grip felling than regular T3, softer sponge made it easier to lift balls on the BH. Both were able to produce fine topspin drives with decent spin anyways. But both fell like speed oriented rubbers.
Do Telson rubbers use the same topsheet as T3?
I dont think so, but i dont have much details yet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
@mattlamperouge
How would you describe and compare the different Loki backhand rubbers that you tried, LAC, R3 Pink, T3, ... and maybe similar ones from different brands.
How is hardness, speed, dwell time, spin, grip, etc. ?
I am looking for a backhand rubber that has similar spin and speed like LAC, but not as hard and so much dwell time.
Similar to G-1, but with some tackiness and slightly different characteristics overall ( and lower price ).
Too sticky is not good for backhand on my inner fiber blade for me.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
@mattlamperouge
How would you describe and compare the different Loki backhand rubbers that you tried, LAC, R3 Pink, T3, ... and maybe similar ones from different brands.
I am looking for a backhand rubber that has similar spin and speed like LAC, but not as hard and so much dwell time.
Similar to G-1, but with some tackiness and slightly different characteristics overall ( and lower price ).
try a Rxton 5. The new version is not sticky anymore but has good grip still.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
@mattlamperouge
Not matt but I tried all three rubbers you mentioned.

T3 has the softest sponge out of all three, feels slightly softer than G1. Good speed, but not grippy enough. Brush loop and spinny serve would slip. I would not recommend it unless you like to do a lot of backhand punches.

R3 pink is a bit tacky, topsheet feels tough, speed is the slowest of all three, sponge hardness is between T3 and LAC. The LAC is better than R3 in all departments IMO. Not much reason to choose R3 pink over LAC except the colour and maybe the topsheet durability; LAC topsheet oxidises quite quickly.

If you get a rubber that is not as hard as LAC, chances are it would be more dwelly because the sponge would be softer. I guess you can try boosting the LAC. Or you can try other tuned Chinese rubbers like Battle 2 and Jupiter 3 which have more sponge hardness options and see if you find the right one.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Not matt but I tried all three rubbers you mentioned.

T3 has the softest sponge out of all three, feels slightly softer than G1. Good speed, but not grippy enough. Brush loop and spinny serve would slip. I would not recommend it unless you like to do a lot of backhand punches.

R3 pink is a bit tacky, topsheet feels tough, speed is the slowest of all three, sponge hardness is between T3 and LAC. The LAC is better than R3 in all departments IMO. Not much reason to choose R3 pink over LAC except the colour and maybe the topsheet durability; LAC topsheet oxidises quite quickly.

If you get a rubber that is not as hard as LAC, chances are it would be more dwelly because the sponge would be softer. I guess you can try boosting the LAC. Or you can try other tuned Chinese rubbers like Battle 2 and Jupiter 3 which have more sponge hardness options and see if you find the right one.
I agree pretty much in all descriptions... Boosted R3 pink its pretty close in speed & characteristics to LAC, softer and good bounce, less tacky but great grip.
For non tacky rubbers boosted Arthur Europe Diamond Is firm but has really good bounce & Speed with a really grippy topsheet.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I agree pretty much in all descriptions... Boosted R3 pink its pretty close in speed & characteristics to LAC, softer and good bounce, less tacky but great grip.
For non tacky rubbers boosted Arthur Europe Diamond Is firm but has really good bounce & Speed with a really grippy topsheet.
On the Loki chart, Europe Diamond and T3 have the same topsheet. "A1" i believe. Have you found the topsheet to be different from T3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
On the Loki chart, Europe Diamond and T3 have the same topsheet. "A1" i believe. Have you found the topsheet to be different from T3?
Its not the same topsheet at all, AED has a really grippy topsheet that looks & feel of great quality. A1 just means No sticky rubber. S1-3 are the Stickness level advertised. Lac & Rxton 9 dont have the same topsheet but share a S3 level of tackiness. Arthur asia, Arthur europe & Rxton 5 3 & 3 Pink clearly dont have the same topsheet but share an advertised S2 lvl.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I played the first session with Loki 9 today - this is what I feel about the rubber compared to H3 pro neo blue
- Both rubbers is H39 with 1 layer of Haifu Black booster
- R9's topsheet is wayyy sticky, stickier than H3
- Opening backspin, topspin, everything is almost the same as H3
- The only different I notice is when you do killloops (hitting a powerful full swing FH with both spin and power) - the sponge does not compress and unleash as much as H3
- In conclusion, this is a very good rubber, 85% as good as a H3 pro neo blue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I played the first session with Loki 9 today - this is what I feel about the rubber compared to H3 pro neo blue
- The only different I notice is when you do killloops (hitting a powerful full swing FH with both spin and power) - the sponge does not compress and unleash as much as H3
So the dwell time is worse than H3?

How is rxton 9 vs rxton 5?

This user has no status.

Your experience matches Gan's. I actually cant really compare it to h3 bs because i used it way too long ago.

At least it is quite better to use as h3 os because it is more lively but still ez af to control.

But im still unsure if i should stick with it or with b2 bs. I probably have to switch once more to decide on that.

Reactions: latej and longle