Fastarc C1 vs Rakza 7

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Searched as much as I could and it's pretty hard to find a direct comparison between the two. Esp since C1 doesn't seem as popular.

For someone returning to TT after some time off (since pandemic) which of the two rubbers (C1 or R7) would you recommend for both wings of a Korbel blade, and why?
Do they play too similarly to tell a difference, or is C1 more comparable to R7S because of its sponge hardness?
Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I haven't played with the C1 too much, but basically it's a Fastarc G1fx (it's something along the lines of tenergy 05fx for tenergy 05). A bit softer, more forgiving etc. So if the G1 is an upgrade to R7 (a bit harder and more linear), the C1 is something in-between the two, although it seems like the C1's sponge is booster, leading to quick loss of performance over time. Now, as a long time rakza 7 user I can certainly vouch for it, although it might be too hard for some players on the backhand.

Reactions: kindof99
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have played with Fastarc C1 for 2 years on my backhand. It is has construction from the previous generation where the topsheet has thickness and you can feel the firmness in your backhand strokes.
I liked it a lot, as it has long life (for me it lasted for 6-7 months on my backhand) and offers great capabilities for an allround offensive game.
I also tried it on my forehand on my test blade and it works very well on forehand as well.
Just to provide a little more detail - I play with Outer ALC blades with Koto as a top layer. I believe that rubbers like Fastarc G1 and C1 will shine more on limba top layer blades as these rubbers offer a firmer feel and would benefit from the softness and trampoline effect of limba top layer blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I also thinking switching from C1/C1 (tried also g1 but not that easy) currently on 5ply allwood (novacell off/s) to my previous blade waldner senso carbon with R7/R7 for more versatile game. I am around 1500-1600 .
but I am not sure which C1 or R7 is best on WSC
How has C1 on both sides worked for you, and what are you looking to change/fix with a different rubber? I haven't tried either so Im curious myself.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
C1 on both sides was good on andro all wood novacell off/s. I was missing something on FH, maybe rubber little bit too soft for my taste but result were not bad. Pretty direct play with that config. I am an offensive player close to table (attack a lot with FH, less confident in match condition with BH).
I then used a G1 in FH but this time it was a little bit too demanding and I struggle in competition against some player to play in a variable way. => results were from very good to bad.

I have just tested a R7/R7Soft combo on a Waldner senso carbon and FH seems what I am looking for, need more test but I had power and control. R7 soft was not a success for me (except for slow spinny loop I was not able to really do a block with control with my technic) because I guess I am used to play something with an harder sponge on BH (vega intro, vj07stiff, c1...). I will try R7/R7 in next competition...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I dont know anyone that plays with C1, but it was the rubber I selected to upgrade from my Mark V backhand rubber on Avalox P500 (koto-spruce-ayous-spruce-koto) from all my online research and how I figured it suited my blade and playing style. I think its a rubber for more traditional chinese style backhand where the backhand rubber cant be too lively and bouncy because the blade is allready supplying the tacky forehand with livelyhood and bouncyness, and so it creates good balanced setup with a chinese tacky forehand rubber.

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
How is about hardness of Nitakku C1?
It is written that has 45 degrees od hardness, but does ball stays on rubber duri g shot, sobyou feel the ball?
Is C1 harder than butterfly 05fx?
C1 in hardness similar with any other rubber?