Looking for light rubbers (coming from Rakza 7)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
look into a thermotex far-infared heating pad. the platinum is like $260 (use promocode "famousptx"), but this thing will change your life. any time i get a little tendonitis in my wrist, i use it for a few days and boom, good as new. this thing literally tears away inflammation in your muscles and joints. i use mine on my back, knees, wrists, ankles and elbows.

I love it so much i wish i had two lol. i recommend this over every single other type of athletics recovery device, and ive used them all (massage gun, cupping, TENS machine, icepack). of course, nothing beats actual strengthening exercises but another thing i love about the thermotex is that you can use it in your DOWN time, like when you're watching tv.

cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
Xiom Vega Asia and Tenergy 64 due to the smaller number of pimples in the topsheet, that is, their sparser location, will be easier. Xiom Vega Asia in a maximum thickness of 152x159 mm weighs only 46 grams, despite the fact that most rubbers with the same dimensions weigh 50 grams. 12 grams of savings is a lot. Vega Asia are very dynamic, you won’t lose any speed. Moreover, it is relatively inexpensive. I recommend that you first change one rubber for your backhand, maybe that will be enough for you.

How you got 12 gramms? Difference between 50 and 46 only 4

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Pimplepark Epos is very light weight, and check out 729 Focus III Snipe 44deg as well. These two usually weigh about 42-44 grams cut.
I join Focus 3 Snipe also surprised me with its light weight. But I didn’t recommend it, because I still can’t find a normal chinese equivalent to Euro-Japanese rubbers on backhand. Maybe someone will like it on the forehand, I don’t know...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I join Focus 3 Snipe also surprised me with its light weight. But I didn’t recommend it, because I still can’t find a normal chinese equivalent to Euro-Japanese rubbers on backhand. Maybe someone will like it on the forehand, I don’t know...
729 Presto Max Spin is a bit faster and perhaps more similar to some Euro/Jap rubbers. The last one I had was 45 grams cut, so maybe a better alternative?

Reactions: Choosikick

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Butterfly are known for being lighter at the same hardness scale vs ESN (Rakza 7).

Glayzer should be at or around the same hardness. If you need more catapult from the sponge you can consider the slightly softer Rozena.

Both are grippy type rubbers with low spin sensitivity and great ease of use.

If you are in Asia (HK, Korea, Japan) I know the price should be the same or lower vs R7.

For an even cheaper option, I also like the recommendation of AK47. Red version is 47.5 deg which is what R7 sponge is listed at.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I havent heard many people use these, but Mark V HPS is supposed to be light and also perform quite well +works for developing players. I also think you should look into doing some general weightlifting to improve tendon stregth and all the other added benefits you get from doing so. Just get into learning how to squat, pullup, bench and do some varied training for core stability. Try getting passed the stage of learning the movements as fast as possible so you dont put on too much muscle and then go so heavey that you can only do 4-6 reps per set to increase explosive power without putting on more muscle.

PS! I also do speed rubiks cube and things like typing, juggling and those squeeze balls to keep your fingers and hands strong and generally agile ... this is a good way to not get stiff from the added training load. I also think grip strength is important in table tennis ... all the power is generated from your ability to transfer force through your body out to the tip of your finger.

pushups and australian pullups are a great stepping stone to getting into heavier compound lifts while also teaching you to stiffen your core!

Last edited:
I havent heard many people use these, but Mark V HPS is supposed to be light and also perform quite well +works for developing players. I also think you should look into doing some general weightlifting to improve tendon stregth and all the other added benefits you get from doing so. Just get into learning how to squat, pullup, bench and do some varied training for core stability. Try getting passed the stage of learning the movements as fast as possible so you dont put on too much muscle and then go so heavey that you can only do 4-6 reps per set to increase explosive power without putting on more muscle.

PS! I also do speed rubiks cube and things like typing, juggling and those squeeze balls to keep your fingers and hands strong and generally agile ... this is a good way to not get stiff from the added training load. I also think grip strength is important in table tennis ... all the power is generated from your ability to transfer force through your body out to the tip of your finger.

pushups and australian pullups are a great stepping stone to getting into heavier compound lifts while also teaching you to stiffen your core!
I have used Mark V HPS. They are great rubbers but a bit expensive for what they are. Faster than regular Mark V but slower than regular ESN rubbers. Spin is about the same as older generation ESN rubbers. They last quite a long time.

I recommend them if You think regular ESN rubbers (~45-47* shore O) are too fast.

Cheers
L-zr