Fastest rubber

This user has no status.
The fastest rubber? Really? Really! And nobody said anything worthwhile or sane? Well, except for Liten!

Where are Der_Echte and NextLevel when they are needed?

Okay, here we go: What rubbers are you currently using? You have said you are using the Donic Ovtcharov CarboSpeed. What rubbers did you have on it?

What level player are you? If someone gives you heavy backspin long to your backhand can you:

a) loop it with your backhand fairly easily?
b) step around your backhand and loop it with your forehand?
c) both of the above decided by tactical choice?

Most higher level players have a preference for some balance in the speed to spin ratio of a rubber. And would not consider speed without considering the speed to spin ratio of a rubber.

For example, there are a lot of pros who choose to use Tenergy 05 over the other Tenergy rubbers even though it is the slowest. It is the slowest but because it has the highest Spin to Speed ratio, you can swing harder, more safely and make your shot go faster and have more spin so that it arcs onto the table. So the slowest Tenergy allows you to hit the ball harder because it generates more spin and allows those shots to be safer.

A lot of the fastest rubbers have a lower throw angle because the speed is the higher factor in the speed to spin ratio. So a rubber with a higher speed in the speed to spin ratio will have a flatter arc and will require more control from the player to get the ball on the table, but those low arc, lower spin, fast shots will be lethal in the hands of someone with top level skill who likes that kind of arc. Trouble is, it makes it much easier to miss the table and for anyone lower than a pretty high level pro, it would also force you to take a much softer, less aggressive stroke.

Now way more top pros use rubbers with a high spin to speed ratio whereas, not so many top pros use a rubber with high speed to spin ratio.

The supreme example of this is in Liten's joke. Often when people are used to Tensor rubbers and they try DHS Hurricane 3 they think, "this rubber is sooooooo slow! Why do the top Chinese players use a rubber that is so slow?" The fact of the matter is that H3 is way up on the spin to speed ratio. Way more spin than speed. But look at what gigantic strokes the top Chinese players are able to make with those slow spinny rubbers! And notice, because of what powerful shots they take, the ball goes faster with the high spin, low speed rubber than the European players get with their fast blades and fast rubbers. Also, the top Chinese players are using blades that are an okay speed. But not blades that are anywhere near the fastest blades in terms of speed.

So, do you really want the fastest rubbers out there? I don't know. Perhaps you should try Stiga Calibra! That fits the category you seem to be looking for.

I would try Tibhar Evolution EL-P or Tenergy 05 instead. Better spin, good enough speed.
I can a forehand loop to a heavy backspin. I am a state level player. I ve won many tournaments

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Attach pics Carl...

Okay. I will have to find that.

I can a forehand loop to a heavy backspin. I am a state level player. I ve won many tournaments.

Okay, so, now I am confused. You are saying you are high level, why do you need the help of people on the forum to know what rubber is the fastest? Is that all you are concerned with? Just the fastest and the fastest from Donic?

If the ball is heavy backspin and it goes deep to your backhand, can your backhand loop heavy back also?

Can you do that footwork to step around the backhand and take a forehand if you decide you want to also?

What would the purpose of the fastest rubber without any other qualifications be for you?

11802618_10153594303954455_3867371758034652631_o.jpg11807700_10153594303354455_233042996587646061_o.jpg

Wait, who is in those photos? Gotta go!

Reactions: BeGo and Cornel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Now i use tibhar aurus for both bh and forhand nd i am a state level player. I ve won many tournament. Thank u

BTW: Aurus is a good rubber. If you like that, you could try Tibhar Evolution MX-P or EL-P. MX-P is the harder one and better for bigger impact. So that might be the one you want. Those aren't the fastest rubbers but the spin to speed ratio is great where they are decently fast and crazy spinny!. The arc you get from that rubber is very good. But Tenergy 05 is also hard to beat, or if you really want something that is faster and still spinny, T64 is pretty much that while still spinning the ball well.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Carl,

The man asked a simple question. Do we always have to psychoanalyze his choices? He was very specific - what is Donic's fastest rubber?

He didn't say that he was looking for equipment advice etc. If I came on here and asked for Donic's fastest rubber, I hope you guys wouldn't ask me if I really needed to buy flowers for my mother.

I know we are Animal Kwackers - "Always trying to help" - but sometimes, you gotta let a man be a man. I wish I knew what Donic's fastest rubber was but I have only used one Donic rubber that I really liked and which I can always go back to in a pinch if necessary - Donic Baracuda. It sure ain't fast, but I would boost it, the spin is massive and we can go places from there. I have used Bluefire but I don't buy stuff that comes boosted out the factory with Dandoy bioboost type stuff (the -P evolutions and Bluefire qualify) because it shrinks and may need to be reboosted.

I have heard really good things about the Acuda P series and the JP series and even M1 Turbo.

But I play with tactical spin - others do other things. So let the man have his fastest rubber please. In fact, when someone is asking for the fastest rubber, you know he has to be a good player - how many people ask you for the fastest rubber???

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
In fact, when someone is asking for the fastest rubber, you know he has to be a good player - how many people ask you for the fastest rubber???

Only other person I can think of was TareqPhoto. Top Level.

This user has no status.
In fact, when someone is asking for the fastest rubber, you know he has to be a good player - how many people ask you for the fastest rubber???

Here I have to disagree, there are a lot of players that don't have a proper technique(or even have no technique at all), that have played with a pro player's racket and they only saw that the ball is landing on the table without thinking that they didn't play normal strokes. There are also all-out hitters that don't know wtf is spin, they only want to play as fast as they can and hit as hard as they are able to, so even a Schlager Carbon with T05/BM1T/AS1T won't have the speed they want.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
Okay, so, now I am confused. You are saying you are high level, why do you need the help of people on the forum to know what rubber is the fastest? Is that all you are concerned with? Just the fastest and the fastest from Donic?

Here I have to say that I'm also confused. A pro player(and also any other player) won't ask an advice from a worse player. The son of my coach was moldovan champion at table tennis, he has played at the World Championships representing Moldova, and I can't imagine him asking me for a equipment advice. More than this, having played at such a high level, he's got a lot of friends pro players around the world, which can always help him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Here I have to disagree, there are a lot of players that don't have a proper technique(or even have no technique at all), that have played with a pro player's racket and they only saw that the ball is landing on the table without thinking that they didn't play normal strokes. There are also all-out hitters that don't know wtf is spin, they only want to play as fast as they can and hit as hard as they are able to, so even a Schlager Carbon with T05/BM1T/AS1T won't have the speed they want.

Usually, I hear people asking for fast blades and spinny rubbers - fast rubbers is not common. So it takes someone who is confused to ask about fast rubbers or someone who knows what they really want.

And yes, fast rubbers suit some games - mine is not one of them as far as I know, though I could very well be wrong - it's quite possible that if I used T64, I might have found my heaven-made match up but for some reason, I am profoundly skeptical...

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
He's already got the fastest blade.

Sent from GroundZero from my NanoWeaponOfMassDestruction

Carl,

For some reason, I like to forget or overlook the details that your perceptive mind picks up. I noticed that detail and then put it in the inner recesses of my untappable subconscious until you just reminded me.

It takes a high level player to use such a fast blade (think Samsonov or Pota) - while OP is unlikely to be either, he must have great touch to win state events with such a blade...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Actually, an interesting point is what is the fastest rubber for which stroke? Block, loop, loop drive? Maybe the topic starter just wants a blocking rubber, in this case it makes sense. Maybe short pimples? They would be probably the fastest one?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl,

For some reason, I like to forget or overlook the details that your perceptive mind picks up. I noticed that detail and then put it in the inner recesses of my untappable subconscious until you just reminded me.

It takes a high level player to use such a fast blade (think Samsonov or Pota) - while OP is unlikely to be either, he must have great touch to win state events with such a blade...
Maybe he goes to "Drunken State" Uni... so he might very well boss that territory no problem.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The truth is, I know a kid who is 2350 who is always talking about wanting a faster blade and faster rubbers. But he never needs to ask anyone else about WHAT is faster. I get that he wants to be able to put the ball past people better. And he uses a Sardius and wants faster. So, NextLevel, you may be very correct.

But, often, the people who are asking "WHAT is the fastest" anything are people who would be better off with a good spin/speed ration and a setup that allows them more control.

Totally possible that there are players who are fairly high level who just don't have as much access to everything on the market.

But I remember playing in this bar once and this guy played me. And I beat him with my left hand as his friend was telling one of my friends that he was the best player in NYState and won state championships. I have no idea what that meant. But my friend pointed out that he was losing to me, that I wasn't that good, and that he was losing to my bad hand.

At the same place one time, this guy was watching me hit and saying to his friend, "oh, I'm way better than these guys! I'll bet $500.00 I can beat them!" Then after hitting 3 rallies with me he started asking me how many points I would spot him in a game to 21.

But, those are guys who played in their basement and think they know how to play because they never played anyone even remotely good and have over inflated egos because they are Wall Street brokers. And there are some players who are very good who feel they need faster equipment to play well. But more often that is people who don't understand TT equipment as well.

All that being said, I am actually curious what swayanad actually, more specifically would like from a setup. Because, if he is a high rated player and he wants faster equipment, it would be interesting to hear more detail about what he really is looking for from a rubber and what kind of player he is.

Last edited: