Fastest Serve in the World!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Haha probably. But all of his serves have the same motion, most are backhand tomahawk serves. A little bit like Kenta, but Sakai doesn't really put alot of time into preperation lol. He gets to the table, tosses and BANG. Sidespin serve :) Also he doesn't bend his knees much, just like in this video. Well he doesn't have to :) All the serves are pretty long. I only saw 1 match of him though, so maybe it is different in other matches :p

Haha yes very true, do you have the link to this match of him WiWa?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
@Dan:
yes i were there. of course, i didn't practise with the pros (like the japanese did) but with the junior group, a few tables away :D

Wow really thats cool!

Can you give me an insight to how it is there... Did you pay to train there?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
yeah it's great...no i don't pay for the training, because all members of the austrian youth national teams can practise there for free, and i'm also playing for the local club^^

Wahh thats awesome! Please get some photos and videos of your training there :)

Maybe some behind the scenes footage :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
If anyone hasn't noticed yet he pulled a Xu Xin. He's hitting with the backhand side of his rubber (i.e. red) which is how he can topspin to freaking fast. Fast underspin balls will float at the end of their bounce making their second bounce incredibly hard to judge where it will land. With the topspin bounce the balls will come down at the end of their bounce making their trajectory easier to judge.

It's pretty awesome how he figured out how to do this because I couldn't I tried it so many different ways, but it wasn't until I saw the slow motion that I realized he's using a western badminton or tennis action on the ball.