favorite table tennis paddles

This user has no status.
Here is the list of good ping pong paddles. What is your opinion?

Thanks for your detailed guide. I’ve followed your recommendations for a long time now. I noticed that both Stiga blades you recommend are no longer in production - Stiga Titan and Stiga Pro Carbon. What would you recommend that is available from Stiga currently?

Once I started finding my feet I found that Yasaka Sweden Extra and Butterfly Primorac were perfect (and cheap) for getting the basics in. Paired with Hurricane Neo III (used Mark V right in the beginning).

We are a small, dedicated group of beginner players here who all grew quickly using these setups. I moved to Primorac/Tenergy 05 and from there to Viscaria/T05. That journey seemed fairly painless.

I had a phase using Joola Rosskopf Emotion, too (w/ H3neo). This was my first carbon blade and was surprised how easy it was to control. Can highly recommend. From there I found the courage to try Viscaria :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I had a phase using Joola Rosskopf Emotion, too (w/ H3neo). This was my first carbon blade and was surprised how easy it was to control.
That is because composite blades have larger sweet spots & I believe they are better whether beginner or advanced.
I could never understood the obsession with all wood blades even by pros.
They talk about this feel nonsense which I somewhat understand but it does not help my touch or control.
One may get a little more spin with all wood blades because of flex & dwell time but to me even the stiffest all wood blade does not have teh sweet spot or control of a composite blade.

Different types of composte blades may work for different styles or players but overall composite blades are definitely better, especially for beginners.
I am sure many people will disagree.

This user has no status.
That is because composite blades have larger sweet spots & I believe they are better whether beginner or advanced.
I could never understood the obsession with all wood blades even by pros.
They talk about this feel nonsense which I somewhat understand but it does not help my touch or control.
One may get a little more spin with all wood blades because of flex & dwell time but to me even the stiffest all wood blade does not have teh sweet spot or control of a composite blade.

Different types of composte blades may work for different styles or players but overall composite blades are definitely better, especially for beginners.
I am sure many people will disagree.

I use both, for offensive the composite ALWAYS, for defensive mostly and preferably all wood, i tried all wood for offensive and it worked to a point, but it never outperforms most of my composite blades, so i agree and disagree and in between.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022

I use both, for offensive the composite ALWAYS, for defensive mostly and preferably all wood, i tried all wood for offensive and it worked to a point, but it never outperforms most of my composite blades,

Ha Ha well said. That is exactly why I use half composite side, half wood side blade. (I have the carbon only on offense side & no carbon on defensive side. Yes isolating the sides is a challenge because the rigidity from carbon side will still seep into the defensive side (but the bigger sweet spot is worth the sacrifice) . I use a thick balsa core to isolate the sides & so far poplar veneer seems to be the best for defensive side. I also prefer a spinny veneer for offensive side outer layer, because then I can spin using this outer layer but when I flat hit, the composite layer next to the outer layer gives the stability & speed. ·I have carbon & kevlar blades but have not tried ALC / ZLC etc yet but may never try as I have tough time finding custom blade makers.
This is also why I hate production defensive composite blades. Having the composite layer right next to outer wood layer on a defensive blade is the stupidest thing I know but yet this is what Butterfly, Victas, Xiom etc & few others do. This is why I think two sided blades by Dr.Neubauer. Hallmark, Sanwei, Yinhe , and few others are lot better though none of them seem to have composite layer on side. . I heard the excuse that isolating the two sides is the big problem but I don't think it is such a big issue. As I said the composite layer stiffness will still reach the defensive side but still it is far better than having a composite layer on defensive side as well which seems incredibly stupid to me & maybe someone has a valid justification that I am not aware of for doing this on a defensive blade..