Forehand loop

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I am not quite good at the forehand loop. So I am watching videos to improve it. I have seen videos regarding it, especially on Brian Pace's Dynamic Table Tennis Channel. Brian attacks the ball using his aggressive forehand loop and it's just amazing to watch. I truly think the pros even couldn't have fetched points against his fh loop. I too want to try it out.
But, I have 2 doubts regarding it before I try it.
Should I use it on the 3rd ball or wait for the perfect time?
Should I use it at the BH corner like Brian does or not (it exposes a lot of space that's why I'm asking)?

Last edited:
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I am not quite good at the forehand loop. So I am watching videos to improve it. I have seen videos regarding it, especially on Brian Pace's Dynamic Table Tennis Channel. On it, Brian attacks the ball using his aggressive forehand loop and it's just amazing to watch. I truly think the pros even couldn't fetched points against his fh loop. I too want to try it out.But, I have 2 doubts regarding it before I try it.Should I use it on the 3rd ball or wait for the perfect time?Should I use it at the BH corner like Brian does or not (it exposes a lot of space that's why I'm asking)?
Brian’s FH looks clean and technical. You can learn something from him. However to say the pros couldn’t fetch points from his FH loops is too far fetch.Taking of the 3rd ball is indeed ideal but to do that you have to prepare for it. I meant to say you have to start with your serve and position yourself for it. It just does not happen randomly.As for the second doubt, what you see is called the Pivot. It is a very beautiful shot and is used very frequently by the Chinese National players. Ma Long is the archetypal player that uses this tactic. Gosh! It is a beautiful tactic and I too am trying to learn it. It does expose a lot of area for your opponent to counter-attack but it is not easy to defend a full on powerful FH loop kill from a pivot position.That is why it is still used very much in pro play. I’ll give anything to have this skill set. It is still work in progress for me. Watch this video and be amazed at the wonderful technique known as The Pivot!

Also look at the second video btw the 15 seconds to 30 second mark and see how Fan Zhendong loop kill from the BH corner. Tell me, is it easy to defend from such a powerful shot?

Last edited: