Free Viscaria Blade - Prize Draw!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This user has no status.
I want this Viscaria because one day I was also walking in the park and Master Si-Fu (the goose's master) told me not to listen to a goose in a pond if he tried to approach me. Master Si-Fu (the turtle) told me that my table tennis Kung-Fu will be superior if I listened to him instead of the goose. He pointed that my penhold game will be far superior if I switched to the Shakehand style and that all the young ones in China all started playing with one particular blade: the VISCARIA. He also told me that the recommendations to play with this blade was from him(the turtle) and the goose stole his idea. :mad:

LMAO!!!! For sure this is in the top 30 Dan this is hilarious!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Viscaria Blade

I want this Viscaria blade because a Viscaria is such a nice flower. Wait! I'll send you my digital Viscaria(flower), and you'll send my your Viscaria(blade).

viscariaforyou.png

There you go. =D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Viscaria blade is one of the most technologicaly advanced rackets in the world. Viscaria sounds a winner. Winning the Viscaria would make my dream come true: to play and compete in table tennis tournaments using this expensive carbon blade. Who knows, maybe I can win more tournament events in the future using the Viscaria that I win..... Wouldn't that be an icing for the winning cake...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I want this Viscaria blade because...... I am starting a table tennis club at my University to promote the sport, and I would like to use this blade as a prize for my first tourny. I will definitely not keep it because I play penhold. Will provide picture evidence of handing over the blade.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
dan by moderators do u mean like u and gregg or like me and david and stuff?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
dan by moderators do u mean like u and gregg or like me and david and stuff?

Both :D we will all select who we think should be in the top 30... i will let you mods email me on who you think should be the top 30 then i will take that and figure out averagely. Mods can be in the competition to, automatically into the draw for your hard work :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I want this Viscaria blade because i want to experiment with new blades. :D i made a post before asking about the timo boll blade and i'm still trying to make my mind what kind of blades are good for me. i should experiment more. i believe that equipment doesn't make a player better, but it sure helps. this blade could help me a lot. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I am interested in this Viscaria because I regret letting mine go in the first place. I played with it for many years leading up to the glue ban. As a heavy gluer I was freaking out after the ban, even as an anti-EJ. I finally convinced myself after trying a few of the more promising rubbers at the time that I need a faster blade because just changing rubbers did not seem to be cutting it. I got a new racket and started using that full time. Not long after we had a new player at the club, a lady who was really a beginner in all senses of the word, who after a few visits decided this was something she wanted to get into and wanted a racket. Because it was unused at the time, I put two new slow and soft rubbers on my old Viscaria and sold it to her for an obscenely low price figuring I was doing her a favor if this was something she could possibly end up using for tens of years.

Over the last few years, I've waned off the speed glue addiction. I'm happy with my current setup, but then again I'm aware of what is missing. I'm using a thick hinoki carbon now that is stiff, fast, and has a muted feel even with a rubber that transmits a lot of vibration like Tenergy. It just doesn't feel as nice. The dwell time is also low compared to my old blades (Viscaria and Keyshot). I want to give Viscaria a shot again.

I've also been a big proponent of this blade specifically and I have explained on other forums to people who arrived to the sport after the mid 90's that Viscaria was the benchmark arylate-carbon model, the first and exemplary design offered by Butterfly as the ideal application for this technology. Along with Iolite this pair was offered much like Mizutani and Amultart for ZLC, which showcase two ideal applications for ZLC. All of the blades that came after were really just minor tweaks to the original formulas, but the original recipes like Viscaria are more special to me and I am sure some others as well.

If I get this one I and on closer inspection it looks like a good example of one, I will probably keep it indefinitely.

This user has no status.
Dan,

I wanna win your precious Viscaria blade so that I can wrap it in cotton wool for 12 months and keep it safe until such time that you get off your backside and start playing through the pain. Plan B is to win the blade and use it when playing against Gordon Shaw. Then, when he inevitably starts to piss me off, I can launch the blade frisby style at his forehead and not worry about it getting damaged, as I'll still have my spare Boll Spirit in my bag.

Good enough reason/s?

Julz

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Why I want this blade? ......, I have few reasons....... Yes I'm a table tennis player, and yes it's very nice blade, and Yes I'm also meet all zoo in park yesterday and they all spoke to me ..... :))), also maybe I'm little bit selfisch men and something inside me always want more, .... I don't proud with that but It's little bit true. Beside all this reasons, on 9. december it's my birthday (41), and I have hope that be very kind of you, If I get a such nice birthday present. I can't wait, Thanks Dan :)))))

Thanks for the video's [very good bachand stroke) ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Dan, if i haven't reached 15 posts before i posted the comment "I want this Viscaria blade because..." am i still eligible?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan, if i haven't reached 15 posts before i posted the comment "I want this Viscaria blade because..." am i still eligible?

The draw closes on the 6th december so you have plenty of time... i have said minimum 15 posts to be eligable yeh, however its just to get people to realise that posting is fun and you can learn a lot about table tennnis in this forum. You only need 6 more posts, that won't take long :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I want this Viscaria blade because I support your page. And I like it :)
And this blade, as far as i know, is not available in Sweden so it would be cool to have one. Also I've never tried anything except all-wood blades.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan,

I wanna win your precious Viscaria blade so that I can wrap it in cotton wool for 12 months and keep it safe until such time that you get off your backside and start playing through the pain. Plan B is to win the blade and use it when playing against Gordon Shaw. Then, when he inevitably starts to piss me off, I can launch the blade frisby style at his forehead and not worry about it getting damaged, as I'll still have my spare Boll Spirit in my bag.

Good enough reason/s?

Julz

HAHA julian your hilarious! did you see len's status the other day? lots of people are hating on this guy now lol!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Howdy, my name is Ferd and I live near Dog Holler Kentucky. My whole family plays ping pong on the kitchen table every nite. My wife Lulabell just clears the dishes and we can play perdy fast. Bubba my brother brings his dog Delco to lick the floor clean and has trained him to pick up the ping pong ball. We all use paddles we got at K-mart and all three only cost 9 dollars so that's a really good buy I recon. I read you offer on gittin a Viscurella blade and I think if I were to have one of them thangs I could beat Bubba every nite. Lulabell get tired after one game and she has to watch her fly fishing show on tv. I just joined yer club here so I don't have 15 posts but I do have some really strait ones out back of the trailer. I'm hopin I win cause I never had such a fancy paddle as that viscurella. Delco got the ball stuck in his throat at first I thought he was a coffin cause he had a hairball or sumthin but we got her out after Bubba gave him that doggy hinylick manuver. It was kinda funy to see Bubba get that ball outta that DEE O GEE. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I want this Viscaria blade because I think it will be a great upgrade from my current blade. I love table tennis, but right now I feel like I am stuck at a plateau, and maybe/hopefully, getting a better paddle will help push me to the next level. At the moment I am roughly around 1700-1800 in rankings based off the US rating system, but I would really like to make a push to the 2000+ level, in doing so you can at least compete relatively evenly at the level of most top players you find at each table tennis club in the US, excluding places like New York and CA.

That having been said, I can't think of anything more innovative like that Master Si-Fu post.... haha

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.