Friendship 729 Battle 2 National vs Friendship 729 Battle 3

B2 has more kick in the spin and B3 is a bit easier to play with and sort of bouncier, in short...
I'm guessing that this means that B2 national is a traditional Chinese rubber while B3 behaves a tad more like European rubbers?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the following make sense?

Low Strength Used:

B2 National:
- Deader
- Less Spin
- Ball stays flat on short pushes
- Less Speed

B3:
- Livelier
- More Spin
- Ball pops up a bit on short pushes
- More speed as it is bouncier and more elastic

High Strength Used:

B2 National:
- More spin
- Faster

B3:
- Less Spin
- Slower

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I'm guessing that this means that B2 national is a traditional Chinese rubber while B3 behaves a tad more like European rubbers?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the following make sense?

Low Strength Used:

B2 National:
- Deader
- Less Spin
- Ball stays flat on short pushes
- Less Speed

B3:
- Livelier
- More Spin
- Ball pops up a bit on short pushes
- More speed as it is bouncier and more elastic

High Strength Used:

B2 National:
- More spin
- Faster

B3:
- Less Spin
- Slower
Almost what I feel but B2 gives better spin on low strength as well.

B3 isn't that different from B2 on short pushes.

Correct. B2 is a traditional Chinese rubber, rewarding hard brushes and so. From B3 I didn't quite get that kick, but it almost feels the same when brushing. Just the effect that is lower.

B3 gives a better game play when playing more flat, so yes, more European like.

Now I tried the B3 40deg and compares it to the B2 40deg. It might be so that the softer B3's might work better sponge/top sheet as the top sheet feels a bit more elastic. But I haven't tried that yet.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I played all versions of B2, most favorite was B2 NT Blue - tried B3 for 1 week and ditched it due to its too soft and lost the linearity of B2. I guess nowaday an upgraded version of a Chinese rubber will be going towards hybrid - European rubber. If you feel that B2 lacks spin then you can try 729 Bloom Power, it's a better all around Chinese rubber

Reactions: Zwill and Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I played all versions of B2, most favorite was B2 NT Blue - tried B3 for 1 week and ditched it due to its too soft and lost the linearity of B2. I guess nowaday an upgraded version of a Chinese rubber will be going towards hybrid - European rubber. If you feel that B2 lacks spin then you can try 729 Bloom Power, it's a better all around Chinese rubber
I had the chance to try B3 and I hated it to be honest. I am not even a huge fan of B2 blue and I think I just liked the B2 provincial orange or the golden edition the best. Probably the golden is the best until the topsheet just stretches out and becomes a diaper.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I had the chance to try B3 and I hated it to be honest. I am not even a huge fan of B2 blue and I think I just liked the B2 provincial orange or the golden edition the best. Probably the golden is the best until the topsheet just stretches out and becomes a diaper.
I liked the B2 Golden very much, mostly due to its purple sponge - but now I love the Bloom Power even more, it also has purple sponge and is even spinnier than B2 Gold, and cheaper :p

Do you boost the BP?
You have to boost bloom power, otherwise it’s like playing with a brick. It’s very slow in the beginning but after the initial tackiness wears down and the sponge softens a bit it’s quite comfortable. But still a bit slow For me after 2 months with 4 sessions a week almost no tackiness left.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: longle and Fnub
says former JPEN, now CPEN
says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019

its been two weeks and i still dont have the slightest clue on how to make my B2 blue sponge work

too fast for close-to-the-table, too low throw for mid/far distance. the ball slippage being the cherry on top despite my sheet still feeling tacky

im going to go nuts and put more layers of booster on it and see what happens

blue sponge tirade aside i like B2 prov orange too

This user has no status.
You have to boost bloom power, otherwise it’s like playing with a brick. It’s very slow in the beginning but after the initial tackiness wears down and the sponge softens a bit it’s quite comfortable. But still a bit slow For me after 2 months with 4 sessions a week almost no tackiness left.

Cheers
L-zr
Wow, do you use protection sheets after cleaning?
Have 2 Bloom Power and 2 Bloom Spin at higher age [2-3 Years) and can still lift the ball for seconds. Still more tacky than any hybrid rubber...

Wow, do you use protection sheets after cleaning?
Have 2 Bloom Power and 2 Bloom Spin at higher age [2-3 Years) and can still lift the ball for seconds. Still more tacky than any hybrid rubber...
Yep, like clock work, never missed and only clean with water.
If played with I would expect them to last ~3 months at the most. We probably have different expectations.

This is consistent with my experience from long time ago with Chinese rubbers. But if they are inexpensive enough I would still use them. Bloom power is right on the edge. Its about $20 for me so its not very expensive, but with the added boosting hassle it becomes less interesting. Before this I used Tibhar hybrid MK for about $50. No boosting required and a tiny bit of tackiness makes it very grippy and it stays more consistent through its life.

I have already tried Friendship 729, dirt cheap but unfortunately no spin nor speed.... Next up is H3 prov. This one was more expensive so I really hope it will last longer, but my expectations are not that high.

Cheers
L-zr