Gergely Alpha or Ishlion (Need suggestions)

This user has no status.
Hello Guys, well i need your suggestions right now so this is the case

I am using Gergely Alpha, Forehand Rubber is Adidas P7, Backhand rubber is Xiom Sigma Euro

and i have a friend that is offering me to swap his Ishlion to my gergely alpha. I know that ishlion is a good blade but you think it suits me?

I'm an offensive player, i loop then drive I always attack from the mid range of the table. Do you think, which blade is better for me?
I also do blockings near the table.

Pls consider on choosing my rubbers :)

Thanks in advance! :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello Guys, well i need your suggestions right now so this is the case

I am using Gergely Alpha, Forehand Rubber is Adidas P7, Backhand rubber is Xiom Sigma Euro

and i have a friend that is offering me to swap his Ishlion to my gergely alpha. I know that ishlion is a good blade but you think it suits me?

I'm an offensive player, i loop then drive I always attack from the mid range of the table. Do you think, which blade is better for me?
I also do blockings near the table.

Pls consider on choosing my rubbers :)

Thanks in advance! :)

How do you like your setup? Is it working for you? Or do you feel like you want to change things up?

Have you tried your friend's setup? Do you like it?

I think the Ishlion is about 10 grams lighter than yours. Have you ever played with a blade that light? A blade that light is good for someone with a shoulder injury or someone who is older. But for a normal person who is in good shape, what you are sacrificing with a blade that is below 75 grams is inertia, weight behind your stroke. Some people like the faster bat speed. I would rather a blade that is at least 85 grams if not more. I believe most of the higher level pros are using blades that weigh a minimum of 90 grams. If you can keep the bat speed up, the extra weight in your blade, behind your stroke has its advantages.

Unless you are really not happy with what you have, or REALLY, REALLY love what he has, I would not do that trade.

Ask Der_Echte what he thinks about the idea of using a blade that weighs just 75 grams.

Make it HEAVY !!!

6- I weighed the bat without grip tape - 117 grams - THAT is BETTER

7 - I put on grip tape and bumped up the weight of the blade to around 120 grams

I took a couple of swings and MAN this blade is suddenly SOLID! Gunna try it out today with the rec crowd.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I'm with Carl on this... BUT consider this.

USUALLY, like 99.9% of the time, when someone approaches you with a deal or is ready to guarantee something, the only thing guaranteed is for YOU to be on the short end of the stick.

You are giving up something you like and is useful to you for something unknown with no chance to back.

Think about it.

Now if you can hit and enjoy with anything and have that EJ ITCH like a million ants in Ur pants.... HAVE AT IT my friend.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
So is a case of the Measles, but we don't wont those...

but I feel 'ya... and one side of you is right... part of the Joy of Table Tennis (neat words, conveniently a part of Nexy's slogan) is to try stuff out or collect it or talk about it... so if it is for those purposes, why the heck not?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl