H3 Neo Prov Blue Sponge 39° vs 40°

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hello everyone!

I'm no stranger with cheap Chinese Rubbers such as Yinhe, Sanwei and Friendship but I want to try for the first time the Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial BS. Is there a significant difference between 39° and 40°? Please help me decide. Thank you!

Since you play with BlueGrip C1, I'd vote for H40, possibly even H41.

The BlueGrip C1 is (on paper) said to be hardness 60, but if I measure with Shore O durometer, it says 55. (BlueGrip C2 on paper 55, durometer says 50.). The H3 BS H41 is around 54 on that durometer, approx. the same.

So, if you like hard rubbers, go for H41, if you are not sure, go for H40.

• Love
Reactions: allethre
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Is anybody able to feel 1 degree difference????

And even if, show me a stroke with H40 which I can't do with H39... Right???

OK, jokes aside, 1 degree diff. in that scale is more like 2 degrees diff. in the scale used for ESN rubbers. So, I'd be very surprised if someone is NOT able to feel that difference.

I'm not saying all that matters, btw. What matters is that we like the rubber with play with, that's all. But to get there, apart from one's own experience, it is good to be able to extract some info from the forum topics - I don't get what's wrong with that... Well, if someone starts 10 threads and asks for comparison between 10 rubbers in each such thread, and then still is not able to pick the rubber, that is weird. But threads which compare some rubbers are fine with me...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Is anybody able to feel 1 degree difference????

Yes.
41 and 40 is better for boosting
39 will actually make it feel too soft and a bit difficult to generate strong top spin from the topsheet.

To OP
If you are looking to boost, go 40 (half way between 41 and 39)

if you are not looking to boost, then go 39, it will be easier to use then.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well, if someone starts 10 threads and asks for comparison between 10 rubbers in each such thread, and then still is not able to pick the rubber, that is weird. But threads which compare some rubbers are fine with me...

Haha,
well, I always tell my customers, don't over complicated matters and don't compare too many things with too many things.
Either listen to the majority on what to go, or trust me or go ask your coach.
The more research you do, the more confusing it could become (especially for new equipment users)

• Love
Reactions: allethre
This user has no status.
Haha,
well, I always tell my customers, don't over complicated matters and don't compare too many things with too many things.
Either listen to the majority on what to go, or trust me or go ask your coach.
The more research you do, the more confusing it could become (especially for new equipment users)
Man, I am definitely confused with so many rubbers and variation of rubbers. I wish I can try them all if I only have the money. 🤣

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Man, I am definitely confused with so many rubbers and variation of rubbers. I wish I can try them all if I only have the money. 🤣
make lots of friends, maybe you can try theirs, or exchange yours with theirs, so you both can try something different.

I know a few people who does that, and it saves the pocket a lot.