H3 not so tacky?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
IMG_20230706_211540_01.jpg

I just got this new H3 41d from TT11. Its not Neo. To my surprise, its not nearly as tacky as I remember. Its basically similar to ESN tackiness.

Anybody else find H3 untacky? Its waaaaay less tacky than victas triple double. It cannot lift up a ball.

• Wow
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
View attachment 25827

I just got this new H3 41d from TT11. Its not Neo. To my surprise, its not nearly as tacky as I remember. Its basically similar to ESN tackiness.

Anybody else find H3 untacky? Its waaaaay less tacky than victas triple double. It cannot lift up a ball.
It is on another thread. I heard the rumors that new hurricane is not as tacky. As a result, I have ordered H3 neo Skyline from aliexpress but it takes forever for the shipment to arrive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
No. DHS has changed the formula of all H3 topsheets. All commercial, provincial and national H3 are only slightly tacky at best.

If you are used to tacky rubbers like myself, TG2 and TG3 topsheets are still tacky.
I forgot who said it on the other threads. That is why I ordered two black sheets of TG3 neo from Aliexpress. And if the sheets are tacky, I might just order 30 more sheets.....I think.

Or I might have to switch to Mercury II and boost the heck out of it.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Could it be DHS knows you guys will boost anyway, so perhaps they make it boosterable. I mean after boosting, you get super tacky rubber and you all happy like five year old get to eat ice-cream. If they make it very tacky straight out from the factory, you boost and it gets only slightly tacky, your happiness level not so great, so DHS wants you to be happy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Could it be DHS knows you guys will boost anyway, so perhaps they make it boosterable. I mean after boosting, you get super tacky rubber and you all happy like five year old get to eat ice-cream. If they make it very tacky straight out from the factory, you boost and it gets only slightly tacky, your happiness level not so great, so DHS wants you to be happy.
Lol, I think DHS found out we are bragging here about H3 topsheet staying tacky for 1-2 years and they decided, enough is enough. We need to make the topsheet less tack so they will buy more sheets every 2-3 months!

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Lol, I think DHS found out we are bragging here about H3 topsheet staying tacky for 1-2 years and they decided, enough is enough. We need to make the topsheet less tack so they will buy more sheets every 2-3 months!
Tibhar's smart alecs business exec got it right. Let's make MXP great for three months only and let em keep coming back for more after three months. Just like those heroin addicts requiring their shots regularly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Tibhar's smart alecs business exec got it right. Let's make MXP great for three months only and let em keep coming back for more after three months. Just like those heroin addicts requiring their shots regularly.
Yes I heard MX-P is a great T05 replacement but if it looses grip after 3 months, you will end up paying more for MX-P than for T05!

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Yes I heard MX-P is a great T05 replacement but if it looses grip after 3 months, you will end up paying more for MX-P than for T05!
On a personal note, I have never experience the so called MXP effect. Mine lasted one year ( thereabout ) and I threw mine away after I see the sponge deteriorating.

Reactions: JJ Ng
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
On a personal note, I have never experience the so called MXP effect. Mine lasted one year ( thereabout ) and I threw mine away after I see the sponge deteriorating.
Don't worry Gozo, only us ball brushing loopy loopers will feel slighted by this MX-P grip loss, it should be of no issue to a straight smacker like yourself 😉

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I forgot who said it on the other threads. That is why I ordered two black sheets of TG3 neo from Aliexpress. And if the sheets are tacky, I might just order 30 more sheets.....I think.

Or I might have to switch to Mercury II and boost the heck out of it.

Yup I order 4 sheets of Neo TG2 from Aliexpress still tacky as hell after 3 months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
another useless thread about H3

want more tackiness??? ever heard of olive oil?? ever tried a thin layer on the topsheet??

please don’t open another thread “why is the topsheet so tacky after i treat it with a thin layer of olive oil”.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I also noticed that my latest H3 Nat and Neo Pro aren't as tacky as before which in my eyes isn't a bad thing. The extreme tack was working very well with the previous ball but I don't see any particular advatage with the P-Ball except while serving (maybe). As someone mentioned DHS are changing the trend into a mild tacky H3 and if we watch closely the big CNT guys, their H3 doesn't seem to be that tacky. Typical example is when they bounce lightly the ball on the blade before serving and it looks like there is not much tack, if any