H3 not so tacky?

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
H3s aren't tacky now... Skylines either. What about H2? Has DHS decided to reduce tackiness with all of their rubbers? If yes, are there rubbers with crazy tackiness? I tried STN, J3, they're good but not enough tack. B2 Gold lost its tackiness quickly. I want a rubber like H2 with crazy and long-lasting tackiness for cheap (under 35USD). Thought about H2 neo but I don't know if they're tacky now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
H3s aren't tacky now... Skylines either. What about H2? Has DHS decided to reduce tackiness with all of their rubbers? If yes, are there rubbers with crazy tackiness? I tried STN, J3, they're good but not enough tack. B2 Gold lost its tackiness quickly. I want a rubber like H2 with crazy and long-lasting tackiness for cheap (under 35USD). Thought about H2 neo but I don't know if they're tacky now
Victas Triple Double is very tacky

This user has no status.
I have recently glued two DHS sheets, bought at a local supplier at a regional tournament, H3N 39 and H8 39, both commercial orange sponge versions in black, both unboosted.

H3N is very highly grippy, but not tacky, a rubber protective sheet doesn't stick to it. Only asterix to that is that I only noticed that the vacuum sealed packaging was opened before me opening it, so potentially the rubber might have oxidized a bit. However, from what I have read later my rubber seems in line with the recent developments on H3N.

H8 is still tacky, but I would say lightly tacky, in the same line as Big Dipper and Rxton 3 Pink/Blue, I'd say Rxton 3 Pro, Bloom Power and Battle Pro Max are a notch tackier and Jupiter 3 a notch above them from my experience. Fantastic rubber the H8, played my first session with it and I immediately felt at home with it, very eager to give it a spin this Sunday in a local tournament.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Loki Rxton 9 lifts and holds the ball for 2-4 secs before it drops. Did about 10 measurements now. Tackiness is good, I wouldn't want more actually.

Edit: I switched back from Xiom J&H Z 52.5. It was not bad at all, sponge hardness and responsiveness just as I like, but the top-sheet felt a bit thin in harder hits, and that sucks.

This user has no status.
one cannot have everything!