Hello from France

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
hello,

I am a french violin teacher passionate about table tennis and since 2 years about penhold style.

In France, the penhold style is very few used and i am interessed to speak with penholders players.

Please excuse my english, i am an self-taugh person with this langage ...

here I am with a video :

I enjoy my self with discussions about penhold style, and if you want to correct my english, don't hesitate !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
thank you for this video ! it is original

I confess that my favorite style is jazz swing "Stéphane grappelli" then the modern style is not my cup of tea as we say in France !

but it is true that here this style with table tennis, it's very good!

I come here because by the biggest french table tennis forum, we are only 2 regulars penhold players ... !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hello and welcome to the world of penholds

Firstly, judging from your video, you are doing a great work in learning the style!
Secondly RPB is the most un-natural table tennis shot in the book, and you are doing it quite well.

I am a Cpen player, but also able to play shakehand and/or cpen/shakehand chopper - for the sake of training other players.

Just a word of advice on the RPB part - your elbow is too high, don't lift your elbow so much, but rather lift your fore arm more and keep your elbow at a similar height to when you just contact the ball.

Otherwise, you are generating very good power in both your FH and BH shot.
I think next thing you can try and do is generate more spin (which may loose some power, but to get a good 50-50 of spin/power will be key, and you can decide when to do 80 power - 20 spin or 80 spin - 20 power etc)

Good luck

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
Thanks Tony, I see so that may elbow is too high, I will try to improve it. You are table tennis coach ? in New Zeland ? it's okay ?

I just play 1 week ago at a big club in my town with a serious training, to try to continue to improve. Despite my 55 years and 20 years of table tennis, I 'm very motivated , especially since I played in Penhold style !

Thanks too Olio, i will go also in the other forum, I want also improve my english and two forum, it is better that one !