High throw vs low throw rubber (high / low arc) thoughts

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
This is the one sport where a ball slapping player whose rating is below 1400 on his best day lectures players who are USATT 2000+ on how looping should work. Love it.
Everyone has been there... Hahaha :(

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OMG! Who let the goats loose in this thread!?
Jack Bauer borrowed Chuck Norris' Battery... Just saying...

Fact:
Chuck Norris uses empty batteries in his cell phone and it still works.

In old-fashioned American English it is not the goat, but the WOLF.

eg... go ahead and cut ur wolf loose. (A uniquely American 1800s expression meaning "Go ahead, do your best effort you have been holding back."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
To be fair, I am at my true level a tad below 2000 for east coast standard and some 2000-2100 players have asked me to teach them certain aspects of TT where I am stronger. I tell one of these guys there should be NOTHING William should be able to teach a TT player who is a full level better than William and who also has 40+ more years experience in TT over William.

Yet, there are a few things I know or do better than these 2000-2100 solid players that I could show them, even if my overall level is not to their standard. (Hint: it is a BH shot or two and serves)

To be fair, many of those players developed their instincts and strokes back in the Waldner/Appelgren/Kong/Gatien etc. days so things like over the table backhands or some modern serves may have passed them by. In fact, there is nothing I enjoy more than playing some of those players because they push almost every serve which feeds my third ball game. They keep thinking that short over the table balls are safe until they see repeated chiquitas bending it like Beckham.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
OK, idiots. If I just slapped the ball why doesn't it go into the net? If I really stopped the spin of the ball as stupid carl suggested on the other thread I would need to apply a downward force on the ball to stop the spin. If I match the spin of the ball with the tangential speed of the paddle I don't stop or change the spin of the ball. No downward or upward force is applied to the ball. If I hit the ball flat while moving the paddle up to match the spin of the ball it goes back as shown in the video. Now what part don't you idiots understand? There is too much back spin on the ball to close the paddle much if at all. So yes, it may look like a slap but the ball is going back with all the extreme spin hit had before I hit it. I was trying not to add or subtract too much spin from the ball because then I would be applying a vertical force that would cause the ball to go down into the net or long.

Now stupid carl should explain how the spin of the ball stops when lifting chopped balls. I am waiting. If the rest of you aren't waiting then you are as stupid as carl.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Uh-Oh... I think Pnchy just stepped on a Doo-Doo mine and dropped hiz taliwhacker into a bear trap both at the same time.

I'm gunna go grab some popcorn and take a seat.

While you do that, I would like to bring back... the ball whacker... ball slapper... ball whatever!

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
OK, idiots....stupid carl....Now stupid carl should explain how the spin... stupid as carl.

And here we have it. A total loser, with asperger's ranting, calling people stupid, claiming he is looping on a video that clearly shows what anyone who knows how to loop can tell is NOT A LOOP.

See you can call all the names you want. But here, I will show you something. I am not going to call you narcissistic, fat, out of shape, or a loser who can't loop. I don't need to. Your videos make the point well enough.

In the one NextLevel posted, you make sure you can't see any part of the PNut but the racket after contact. Some part of you must know that the rest of you including the stroke needs to be hidden.

Anyone who knows how to loop can see that those shots have NO ARC and VERY LITTLE SPIN. You can also hear from the contact that it is not a loop.

But here, why not show one where it is obvious that you get out of breath by trying to smack a ball that is high, has no spin and is right to you; a video that shows how you are clumsy and unable to move:

See if this video was posted by someone who was saying, what do I need to do to get better, it would be totally different than the fact that it has been posted by a fool who is saying: "look how well I loop with Tenergy 25! I am better than NextLevel who says he can't loop with T25!"

Too bad you like to insult other people so much. But it is obvious that it is because you feel like crap about the fact that you obviously just suck.

As I said, vvk1 had more right than you realized.

All you need to do is change your attitude and you could have plenty to add to the discussion. But when someone really doesn't know how to loop and they are saying that they do and insulting others for being stupid at the same time, who is going to listen to a jackass like that.

Sent from my SpyPhone using JackAssTalk

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just to add to the conversation as original thread starter. I am now using low throw and medium throw rubber and I'm enjoying the experience far more as it did indeed fix some of the high arc issues I was having. Nice deadly low balls for my opponent :)

It's a nice try. But what you have to realize is that when you started this thread, it was just after a thread with pretty much the same tittle and subject matter was started and shortly after it was started it got hijacked by PNut. Now that it looks like he is back it will probably be hard for this thread to go back to the actual subject.

If you haven't already, you should read the other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk