How can i practise without a table?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Hi, im 17 years old and very fan of table tennis but i can not practice(crying). In my country the clubs just open in school time, and study is more important because i will not become a profissional player, i want play just small tournaments. So in my school have a "club" when I can participate in tournaments like regional etc but i just train 3 hours for week its very little for me, i want train a little in house but i do not have a table and space to put a table, and i have that "Portable net".

So how i can practise in home with just a racket and ball? I saw videos about how play without table but sincerely i dont think that will help me, give me suggestion how can i practise(forehand, backhand, smash, service /side/top/back spin) without a table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I do this sometimes, but it does not help me very much because I can not know if I did it very hard or not because the ball does not jump in the same way on the floor or in the bed as on the table and also the height at which the ball leaves the racket and hits the floor or bed is different from the table.

It does not help to have a good effect if the service goes too high or off the table.

Reactions: rhouse
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
But when practicing backspin serves on a bed or floor, you can develop the touch to generate a lot more spin.

Of course it is true that, then you have to get the precision to put that to use on a real table. But you can get something valuable that will help your level from serving onto a bed.

And shadow training can be very helpful too.

Reactions: eduardo1995filipe
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ok, and forehand/backhand top spin how can i practise that?

Is there a reason you don't like the idea of shadow strokes and footwork? You can practice topspin strokes when doing shadow drills. You would be surprised at how much your shots and contact improve from practicing the strokes without the ball. And with shadow strokes with footwork you can really increase your power, your timing and your ability to move to the ball.

Reactions: Suga D
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Part of me is wondering if this is real.
But if you are serious, what about shadow strokes and shadow footwork drills?

How about practicing serves onto a bed or couch to practice generating the spin?

That remembers in my childhood, every days, even after pratice, I watched Michael Maze serving and trying to exactly the same movement, I even did it while recording to check the movement :p But that gave me a nice touch on serves and today it's my best weapon!

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Practice serves at home by the bed, to see the spin you get and groove your motion.
I do this like half an hour every day at night.

Also you cant get better without practicing so get a friend or two, and possibly a personal coaching session now and then

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2018
Find you some racket ball quarts, the first line on the wall is around the same height as the top of the net. Just remember the wall is gonna play how ever hard you play, so if you get pissed and rip one don't get lazy. I've seen noses get bloody real quick when people forget the wall has no pity.

Last edited: