How does blade influence gameplay?

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews

Not that I have a wide experience with glues, personally I've only assembled one racket with one water glue lol (paddle Palace glue) it seems okay, though I'll probs buy the Bluefire glue next time... (just because Bluefire is the rubbers I use lol) (allso a water based glue btw)
Anyhow, the rules imply you need to use a water based glue, sure if you don't play in tournaments etc, you wouldn't need to follow that rule. I haven't played in any tournaments either. Though, as the rule says so, I'm sticking to it anyhow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Not that I have a wide experience with glues, personally I've only assembled one racket with one water glue lol (paddle Palace glue) it seems okay, though I'll probs buy the Bluefire glue next time... (just because Bluefire is the rubbers I use lol) (allso a water based glue btw)
Anyhow, the rules imply you need to use a water based glue, sure if you don't play in tournaments etc, you wouldn't need to follow that rule. I haven't played in any tournaments either. Though, as the rule says so, I'm sticking to it anyhow.

I don't play any tournaments but my problem is about the sponge shrinking and I don't want to glue every week.

Last edited:
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I don't play any tournaments but my problem is about the sponge shrinking.

Yeah, that's also a reason I stick to water glue. If I fail or want to change, I can take it off and back on, or swap. :cool:
If I didn't use water glue, my tenergy 80 would be pretty messed up. But due the use of water glue I got the glue of it and ready to be put on again.
Dunno whether this has/had any negative effect on the sponge though... I presume it didn't as it seems normal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Also, concerning blades totally up to you which of them, but IF you were to choose Stiga, I would (again) highly recommend choosing Evolution and not Classic.
And concerning the dawei I could allso just find 2.0, 2,1 and 2,2 mm thickness on ebay, found 1,5mm one place, but that's a bit too thin I believe?
I think 2mm would do fine? It's not the fastest rubber afterall.

Can you tell me where you found 1.5mm?

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Reactions: chiz
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Yep. It is more expensive because the other one is illegal and it has been sitting on the shelf since the speed glue ban in 2008.

Also, with the other one, if you keep re-gluing because of the sponge expansion and the speed glue effect, it will last about a month and then you need to get more. So, with the water based glue, where you only glue once, and then leave the rubber on, in some sense, you are saving money. 6 months from now, the rubber will still be on and be fine.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Well, you gotta try it to know it, I have tried Alpha in 2.2 and it is suitable for a flexible allround offensive player who likes to loop with 70-80% power every chance. The other versions are harder and might not work well with a flexy vibrating blade. Those harder ones are better on stiff/heavy composite blades.

Looks like you can get everything in the same place there, I never ordered form Hello Wendy, but they shape up to be good enough a seller, they wont last on ebay for long with too many negative ratings.

Reactions: anchorschmidt
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Can anybody confirm if this is a genuine seller?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIR-Illumin...480?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bf379580

What should I go for? Alpha or Alpha Plus?

Well, no more than the fact she has zero negative feedbacks, meaning 100% positive feedbacks. (which is quiet rare, usually somewhere between 99,5-99,9% positive) 1422 stars is not that much, but I would say it's enough for here to be a genuine seller.
Been a seller since 2007 on ebay.
She even make her own blades noted with "wendy Sport" at the handle.
But yeah, the wast majority of ebay sellers is genuine anyhow. They need to be pretty bad ass good to actually swindle people while still getting positive feedback. if you see the picture. Buying a product you know is genuine is usually not the problem on ebay, it's more when you buy products that might be seemingly genuine, but is somehow fake. I don't know of any though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Well, you gotta try it to know it, I have tried Alpha in 2.2 and it is suitable for a flexible allround offensive player who likes to loop with 70-80% power every chance. The other versions are harder and might not work well with a flexy vibrating blade. Those harder ones are better on stiff/heavy composite blades.

Looks like you can get everything in the same place there, I never ordered form Hello Wendy, but they shape up to be good enough a seller, they wont last on ebay for long with too many negative ratings.

Does thickness information take into account the topsheet or only the sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Both the German website and colestt say that the Air rubber has a lot of spin. Very grippy without being tacky. It is slightly on the faster side so maybe try getting it in 1.8mm
Do you know where I can get it in 1.8mm?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Colestt told me that he only have Air Illumina Delta in softer version, Alpha is 40 degrees.
What the difference between Delta and Alpha?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
What kind of glue is this?
jbmxLdd1sadgHZ_xs.jpg

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
What kind of glue is this?
jbmxLdd1sadgHZ_xs.jpg

Honestly never seen it before. But pretty certain Donic Coppa is one of Donic's rubbers. so I guess it's supposedly the coppa glue for coppa just like they have a "Donic Blue Contact" for the bluefire series. (though assumingly any glue would work for any rubber)
That Coppa glue is not sold on tt11 though, probs an older glue. Does it say wether it's VOC or water based on it? I'd asume it's VOC based.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Looks like old fashioned rubber-cement like VOC glue to me.

You use that on Ur rubber, you get a 30min to 1 hr glue effect, but after that, nothing extra. After a few days, no VOCs from the glue job either, so it is still effective as a basic glue to attach Ur rubbers, but they will likely shrink a tad later using that stuff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Looks like old fashioned rubber-cement like VOC glue to me.

You use that on Ur rubber, you get a 30min to 1 hr glue effect, but after that, nothing extra. After a few days, no VOCs from the glue job either, so it is still effective as a basic glue to attach Ur rubbers, but they will likely shrink a tad later using that stuff.

Can i just use rubber cement to glue it?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You can, but, as Der_Echte just said, if you do, the glue expands your sponge and then, 5 days later, or a week later, you notice your sponge has shrunk back to its original size. The result, since you cut it when the sponge was expanded, the rubber is now too small for your blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk