How often people here practice with a coach?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I’m wondering if anyone know any places for lessons that are affordable in NYC but also curious how much it costs elsewhere in the world. Spin Nyc is a great place but membership is about $1000 and it only includes a free lesson. Then each lesson cost separately. Say if I take two lessons a week for a year, I will be paying a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Membership of our club is 150€ yearly. That is when you play competition. A small part of this goes to the NTTB. (Dutch tt organisation)
In this membershipfee 2,5 hour of group coaching is included. And you can play almost unlimited hours free.

Reactions: orchid88
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Last 2 years I payed 26€ monthly with two trains a week, but we have always coaching with a chinese coach, these two years we're I improved the most.

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através do Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Last 2 years I payed 26€ monthly with two trains a week, but we have always coaching with a chinese coach, these two years we're I improved the most.

Did you have to pay separately for the training or did the monthly fee include it? How much did you have to pay in total roughly? I’m thinking that’s the way to go.

Reactions: eduardo1995filipe
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Did you have to pay separately for the training or did the monthly fee include it? How much did you have to pay in total roughly? I’m thinking that’s the way to go.
No, every pratice session included coaching, the monthly fee included it! Well, it's from September to July from the next year só it's 26 euros * 11 months, so it's 286€

In my club 1 hour to play is 1.5 usd and 1 hour with a coach is 10 usd.
But have in mind that the average salary in bulgaria is 600 usd monthly.
So with the same ratio wages/tt cost in USA you should pay 10 usd to play 1 hour and 66 usd for 1 hour with a coach.

This user has no status.
I’m lucky i have time and I can afford it. I try to train once a week one hour and a half or two hours at a time because I’m busy and one hour is too short given transportation time. I’d like to go twice but it’s difficult

I’m really improving with the coach and I feel it would be even faster with more sessions. It’s not only training but also a real workout because we do a lot of multiballs and there is lot of intensity. After 10 minutes I’m already sweating like crazy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
In my club, junior players pay 20,000 yen per month for 6 times a week 30 hours group coaching which is DIRT cheap. In return we can only purchase equpment through club's shop but that's neglegible.

Senior players are charged 3000 to 5000 yen per hour for personal coaching and about 1000 yen for group coaching.
Only 20% of over 21 years old carry on playing table tennis so unfortunately there aren't many clubs where you can walk in casually and have a hit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
So today I committed to 11 lessons (1 free if I pay 650$ for the usual 10 lessons price ahead of time). It’s 1hr each and I plan to do twice a week. I am saving a bit for not having to pay additional to book the table each time.

Let’s see how this goes. I’m definitely improving like some of you mentioned :) with practice and $$, you can get better.

So today I committed to 11 lessons (1 free if I pay 650$ for the usual 10 lessons price ahead of time). It’s 1hr each and I plan to do twice a week. I am saving a bit for not having to pay additional to book the table each time.

Let’s see how this goes. I’m definitely improving like some of you mentioned :) with practice and $$, you can get better.

So my hypothetical calculations above proved bitperfect and the weighted cost in Bulgaria and USA is one and the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
We split the costs in half with my training partner: one does multiball, another collects the balls, drill ends - we change over. I believe it's more efficient that way since I struggle to do 3+ multiball drills in a row with full concentration/intensity, slightly spacing them out helps. We end up paying about $5/hr each, which is not super expensive but still considerable where I live.

Last edited: