Hurricane 8 vs 3 neo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hello,

I bought 2 red hurricanes, Hurricane 8 and Hurricane 3 neo. both are 39 degree.
What would be better for backhand? I really enjoy playing hurricane on backhand but i never tried 8.
Should i post a vid of my level if that helps?

What is your experience guys? :)
I would actually choose between H8-80 and H3 37Deg
What you have is kindof both for FH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hello,

I bought 2 red hurricanes, Hurricane 8 and Hurricane 3 neo. both are 39 degree.
What would be better for backhand? I really enjoy playing hurricane on backhand but i never tried 8.
Should i post a vid of my level if that helps?

What is your experience guys? :)
Hello topspinslinger

In your case I would glue both of rubbers to the blade and test them out at the same time. Whichever suit your best will likely go to forehand side. And just slap some black rubber to the backhand. You bought them both in red right?

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I tried my Hurricane 3 neo 39 unboosted on backhand and it gives so much better support then any bouncy rubber
Well, good to hear. If you later find that rubber is too hard, just follow Tony’s advice.

By the way, @Attitude how is H8-80 on your backhand? I read your review about it. Which rubber is closest to H8-80 in feeling? Previously, I used H8 37 deg unboosted on the backhand. It was pretty good rubber, but I lacked speed to finish the point most of the time.

This user has no status.
Well, good to hear. If you later find that rubber is too hard, just follow Tony’s advice.

By the way, @Attitude how is H8-80 on your backhand? I read your review about it. Which rubber is closest to H8-80 in feeling? Previously, I used H8 37 deg unboosted on the backhand. It was pretty good rubber, but I lacked speed to finish the point most of the time.
Pretty good on my ALC, but sadly not that great on my Vsea. It feels as if it lacks the stable power behind it. What makes it worse, is that the Vsea makes my bh feel kinda numb. Therefore i have some issues getting a feeling for it. The opposite is the case for my fh though.
And with more dense rubbers like the H8 and H3 i can enforce huge shots at least. I could usually flick better with the H8-80 and got a better grip of the ball, but consistent topspins and loops were really rough to execute.
These issues are non-existent on any outer ALC i played it on.

Reactions: H3R0
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I tried my Hurricane 3 neo 39 unboosted on backhand and it gives so much better support then any bouncy rubber
TT11 only carries 39 degree H3 neo so I am very familiar with that rubber. It is great! I boosted it all the time though so I don't know how it feels not boosted. But the short game and spin game for H3 are just unmatched by any ESN rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Pretty good on my ALC, but sadly not that great on my Vsea. It feels as if it lacks the stable power behind it. What makes it worse, is that the Vsea makes my bh feel kinda numb. Therefore i have some issues getting a feeling for it. The opposite is the case for my fh though.
And with more dense rubbers like the H8 and H3 i can enforce huge shots at least. I could usually flick better with the H8-80 and got a better grip of the ball, but consistent topspins and loops were really rough to execute.
These issues are non-existent on any outer ALC i played it on.
I had the same problem on Yinhe pro 01. Glued used cheap Friendship 729 rubber on BH. It was terrible experience. No speed, no spin and very unpredictable. When hitting hard I felt it was too mushy.

This user has no status.
I had the same problem on Yinhe pro 01. Glued used cheap Friendship 729 rubber on BH. It was terrible experience. No speed, no spin and very unpredictable. When hitting hard I felt it was too mushy.
Which rubber exactly? Because i didnt had that experience with any of the rubbers on my pro 01 whatsover. As a matter of fact i would actually go back to the pro 01 any day if i didnt find a good inner fiber blade like the vsea.
As a matter of fact i found the pro 01 unbeatable in terms of its price-performance ratio.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Which rubber exactly? Because i didnt had that experience with any of the rubbers on my pro 01 whatsover. As a matter of fact i would actually go back to the pro 01 any day if i didnt find a good inner fiber blade like the vsea.
As a matter of fact i found the pro 01 unbeatable in terms of its price-performance ratio.
So true. I find my Yinhe pro 01 very controllable and predictable. Weight 91g, frequency 1385 Hz.

Back to rubber. It was Friendship 729 RITC. Had no problems on Sanwei m8 and fextra7. But played very differently on pro 01. Actually didn’t expect it myself. Though previous blades were less harder and flexible, not by large margin. Maybe I glued it wrongly, haven't tried to reglue it and likely will never do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I have been playing with https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-hurricane-3-neo 2.2 thickness on both sides un boosted for quite some time. Initially i tried it with Michale Maze, which i felt didn't cope up well.

Later, i tried(current setup) with DHS Power G7. It is much more controllable and a very linear setup. I am happy using without boosting it.

Reactions: H3R0