Hurricane topsheet + Tenergy sponge

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
The background: my pretty old DHS H2 sheet had bubbled. And my pretty old BTY T05's topsheet had worn out. So I decided to make a "hybrid". Then I googled info about this kind of experience. I was wondered that people really do smth like that and saw many(2 or 3) positive reviews. So I started my business.

First step was to separate the topsheets from the rubbers' sponges.
First was Hurricane: I warmed it up on radiator for 15 mins. And I easily peeled the topsheet off.
Second was aughh... TENERGY: after good try with Hurricane I thought it would be about the same with Tenergy... NO WAY. First I warmed it up too. No results. Then I put it in boiling water. I made monstrous efforts to peel off like 4 pimples... OK, then I tried to soften the glue with acetone. It went a bit better but not really efficiently. Then I held the rubber over the steam from the kettle. Got better but I said no, because the sponge just came off with the topsheet. I took the nail clippers and cut cut cut. Took me 1 hour to get rid of the topsheet. But there were the pimples in the sponge. So I spent 3 hours to clip them off. I rubbed my calluses. BUT YES I'VE DONE IT.

Second step was to apply the glue. I used Yinhe water based glue, it worked pretty well. Let it dry.

Third step: to glue the H2 topsheet onto the T05 sponge. rather the opposite because due to the Revolution video of glueing topsheet and sponge I have to glue the SPONGE onto the PIMPLES. Idk why but I did it that way.

Fourth step: put some books onto my "new" rubber for 3 hours.

Fifth step: glued onto the blade(TTSPORT ALL+(common ALL+ blade) with T80 FX on BH)

Today I'll try the rubber on training session. Just by bouncing test it is like Hurricane because of the tackiness. Grip test showed it is OK. The rubber made the sound closer to T80 FX than to H3. Overall it looks like a normal rubber but roughly glued.

Attachments

• IMG20240128220639.jpg
    IMG20240128220639.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG20240129122248.jpg
    IMG20240129122248.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG20240129151624.jpg
    IMG20240129151624.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG20240129123502.jpg
    IMG20240129123502.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 199
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I hope this post catches nittaku's attention so they can glue their h3 topsheet on Hammond z2 sponge.

Might be the unicorn we all be waiting for
Nittaku hurricane 3 pro turbo Z
Sounds pretty cool

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I hope this post catches nittaku's attention so they can glue their h3 topsheet on Hammond z2 sponge.

Might be the unicorn we all be waiting for
Nittaku hurricane 3 pro turbo Z
Sounds pretty cool

I used a few Nittaku H3 Pro blue. I used to like it as Nittaku used the high quality tacky H3 topsheet.

But the latest batch I bought in 2022 used the new non-tacky H3 topsheet - less grippy, less spin, much longer trajectory and less control. It is even less grippy than my D09C

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
i wonder what is the recent trend for major brands to start reducing the stickiness of their flagship rubber? Why mess with something already widely loved by the TT community. I am so curious about this.

I am puzzled as hell.

DHS has ditched their long-term lovers. The only ones that are still tacky are 729 and TDE

Nov 2022
First impressions (played mostly on FH):
Drives
Started my session from drives. They are OK. Like T05 normal drives. But non-consistent. I mean that the rubber's sweet spot isn't big. I think I glued not enough evenly.

Blocks
Blocks are mediocre. Like a bit slowed down T05. But consistent.

Topspin loops(with low-medium power)
Damn, it is the same as new T05. Catapulty, enough spinny, fast, easy to get good speed.

Topspin loops(with high power)
Exactly the same as T05. Powerful, not super spinny and due to the non-linearity it's hard to place the ball on the table.

Counterloops
The same situation as with powerful topspins. Sanwei Target National is much better here.

Topspin against backspin
Soft touch is not consistent but when it goes well the spin is CRAZY. But, again, non-consistent. I think that's because of not even glueing.
Topspins a bit with the sponge are good, nice spin, good arc. Pretty much the same as new T05. But lifting underspin is much harder than with Chinese rubbers(STN is much more stable). With my Hurricanergy I have to make a proper stroke in good position.
Powerful topspins against backspin are a bit more stable than with STN because of the catapult effect.

Serves
I was REALLY WONDERED with this rubber. The spin it creates on serves is better than with any rubber I tried. Superb.

Short game
It's easier than with T05, the ball doesn't go high. Also a lot of spin. Like Chinese rubbers but a bit faster.

First conclusions: Plays like a new T05 but with super serves and short game. Overall feeling is softer because H2's topsheet is softer than the Tenergy's one.
Not really consistent so I have to always be in a good position to get the ball in my rubber's sweet spot.
I wondered but I didn't feel the topsheet's tackiness at all. Just a softer topsheet with more safe feel.

It definitely worth my time I spent on this rubber.

Nov 2022
Wtf this really sounds like the ultimate rubber - Hurricane like short game with topspin capabilities of Tenergy/Dignics!
Would be cool if BTY collaborated with some manufacturers that still make good quality tacky topsheets. And sell the new rubbers for 1/3 of the Dignics' price😂

• Haha
Reactions: blahness
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Would be cool if BTY collaborated with some manufacturers that still make good quality tacky topsheets. And sell the new rubbers for 1/3 of the Dignics' price😂
why bother?

Yinhe already did this for ages ago with their flagship product: Big Dipper.

Big Dipper, the original grandaddy of hybrid rubber.

Reactions: ShoutGuy
Nov 2022
why bother?

Yes, but Big Dipper doesn't have DHS or BTY logo on it

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
why bother?

If Big Dipper is the granddaddy, then products like 729 and globe 999 topsheet with Japanese sponge must be the common ancestor

Reactions: Fnub
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
If Big Dipper is the granddaddy, then products like 729 and globe 999 topsheet with Japanese sponge must be the common ancestor
I am so sorry, but I never thought of you as so old. 999 belongs to an era where dinosaurs once roam this earth.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Good effort.
A tacky t05 would be my dream rubber,nearest I've got is a heavily spinmaxed t05 which has a mild tack but needs constant maintenance between matches.
Any ideas how to a grippy topsheet tacky?

Reactions: blahness
Nov 2022
Good effort.
A tacky t05 would be my dream rubber,nearest I've got is a heavily spinmaxed t05 which has a mild tack but needs constant maintenance between matches.
Any ideas how to a grippy topsheet tacky?
Spread a little honey or glue on the rubber's surface as in Pongfinity video😂. I'm sure the topsheet wouldn't be grippy but tacky enough
TBH, my old T05 became a bit tacky because it's topsheet was sooo old and worn out.
Where did you get spinmaxed Tenergy?