I found a good deal on tabletennis11 but....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
Do I have to pay the 20% vat if I live in the US?
Rakza 7 is on sale.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
yes you have to pay .... then you have to ask official way to get back the taxis and then you have to pay them in us ... but in first you have to pay them ... is the same process like if i`m buying something from the states.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
from what i now you are supposed to pay vat ... there are no exceptions for USA or AU
If you are not paying them you are just breaking the low .
You can just ask for refund the vat afterwards .. but you have to pay it in your country.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
from what i now you are supposed to pay vat ... there are no exceptions for USA or AU
You can just ask for refund the vat afterwards .. but you have to pay it in your country.

Sigh...

We don't have VAT in the USA - does that help? The USA is not in the EU - does that help?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews

I am pretty sure that's not true, I have bought tons of different products from EU from multiple shops (table tennis and non table tennis products) and I have never had to prepay or pay VAT

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Mostly the vat is always in the price when is soled as small amount. they do not have to inform you about it.
and here so you can read
http://thenextweb.com/dd/2015/01/01/need-know-2015-eu-vat-changes-implemented-tnw/
http://www.turbineroom.com/2014/im-us-whatll-happen-just-ignore-eu-vat-changes/

Why are you acting so annoyingly? Read the first line of the table in the second link you sent. It says clearly that EU selling top Non-EU does not collect VAT.

Now wonder so many of your posts in general rub me the wrong way - you keep on talking like you know things you don't know about.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Sorry i do not want to be bad .. but i now you have to pay vat ..... this up links are not good because they are speaking of business vat not persons vat

here look for this one

If you buy online or by mail order etc.

From outside the EU
You can buy goods from outside the EU up to a value of €22 without incurring any VAT charges. Goods up to a value of €150 may be imported without payment of Customs Duty. To avoid these packages being stopped by Customs, the value should be clearly marked on the label. However, VAT and import duty is charged on importations of tobacco, tobacco products, alcoholic product and perfumes even if they cost less than €22. The Revenue Commissioners provide a guide to the reliefs available for imports from non-EC countries.
If your online purchase costs more than €22 you will have to pay VAT. If your online purchase costs more than €150 you will have to pay VAT and Customs Duty. This will be collected by the company that delivers your parcel. The company usually have an administration charge. Methods of delivery and collection differ from company to company, so you should contact them directly for more information.

it is from this site.
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/value_added_tax.html

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Sorry i do not want to be bad .. but i now you have to pay vat ..... this up links are not good because they are speaking of business vat not persons vat

here look for this one

If you buy online or by mail order etc.

From outside the EU
You can buy goods from outside the EU up to a value of €22 without incurring any VAT charges. Goods up to a value of €150 may be imported without payment of Customs Duty. To avoid these packages being stopped by Customs, the value should be clearly marked on the label. However, VAT and import duty is charged on importations of tobacco, tobacco products, alcoholic product and perfumes even if they cost less than €22. The Revenue Commissioners provide a guide to the reliefs available for imports from non-EC countries.
If your online purchase costs more than €22 you will have to pay VAT. If your online purchase costs more than €150 you will have to pay VAT and Customs Duty. This will be collected by the company that delivers your parcel. The company usually have an administration charge. Methods of delivery and collection differ from company to company, so you should contact them directly for more information.

it is from this site.
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/value_added_tax.html

That's quite interesting, I hope you won't tell this to TT11 and the other shops, otherwise all us Non-EU people will be forking out extra money :) Seriously though, I know that at TT11 for Australia we do not pay the VAT, I can't comment on the legality of all this.

From the point of view of the original post, just try ordering from TT11 as normal and see what happens before you pay with your credit card or Paypal, that's a pragmatic approach to see what happens. I am pretty sure the tax office from the EU won't be calling for an extradition to get your unpaid VAT, especially since this is the vendor's responsibility

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
bobpuls,

Do you really want to continue to post stupid things without thinking? That is for a person who lives in the EU ordering goods from outside the EU. Have you ever traveled out of your country before? Out of your continent?

Why don't you just let the people who live in other countries be the experts on what they do, while you remain the expert of what you really know about? You don't need to pretend to know what you don't know!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
That's quite interesting, I hope you won't tell this to TT11 and the other shops, otherwise all us Non-EU people will be forking out extra money :) Seriously though, I know that at TT11 for Australia we do not pay the VAT, I can't comment on the legality of all this.

From the point of view of the original post, just try ordering from TT11 as normal and see what happens before you pay with your credit card or Paypal, that's a pragmatic approach to see what happens. I am pretty sure the tax office from the EU won't be calling for an extradition to get your unpaid VAT, especially since this is the vendor's responsibility

bobpuls lives in the EU - he is just pretending to know what applies to people outside the EU.