I need some help!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
hi guys i need your help. so I took a 4 year break from table tennis and need to get a new racket. I was a solid intermediate player with a offensive, spin-oriented playingstyle. at the moment I play a joola K1 blade (yeah I know it´s really old), donic coppa x1 on fh and tibhar speedy spin on bh. I feel like those rubbers are way too soft for the new ball and I didn´t really like the felling at my first training back. I think I might get a off- to off stiga wood blade and some harder, but not too fast rubbers. any recommendation? would really appreciate it greatly, thx!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I don't think you should make a decision based on your first time back as you stated. Chances are after a long break, nothing was going to feel just right.

I'd give it a few weeks at your local club and try hitting with some mates blades & rubber to see what you think first.

But yeah in short, it's too early to go off into the equipment change already IMO.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
A 5-ply all-wood blade is a good idea if you current blade doesn't suit you, but I'd go for OFF- and stay away from OFF since you're an intermediate player and haven't played in 4 years. If you like Stiga, the Azalea OFF or Offensive Classic are excellent.

For rubbers, the Xiom Vega Europe (42 degree hardness) or Vega Japan (45 deg) in 2.0mm suit most offensive players.