Ideas for makeshift return board/spin "measurement" device

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Eacheng.net is a good place to get from China without super expensive shipping... but two sheets of rubber are easily over 100g. Look for international shipping on the blade and rubbers to run you over 10 euros. International shipping is tough.

Aussie outfits Affordable and OOAK also sell that stuff but again aussie post isn't cheap.

If you are getting international shipping... you are gunna pay. No way out of that.

Someone earlier mentioned eacheng.net

Once you come to USA and you got a job... you can buy from my out fit. Until then I recommend great outfits like Colestt and others.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Archosaurus
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That looks good. If I can get the under 100g shipping for two sheets of rubber, the whole delivery would cost me under 20eur. That's very reasonable.

I'll check it out a bit and see how I could order the smartest.

Cool. Der_Echte is the man who knew where to get the stuff. I just asked him.

And, yes, Der_Echte, I gave him the eacheng.net info from you.

But, still, a 30 Euro order for a blade with rubbers, and 10 Euro in shipping, is still 50 Euro less than two sheets of rubber for 90 Euro and with free shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archosaurus
says what [IMG]
If I'm gonna have to pay 10euro more than I need to, then that's absolutely fine if the price is a steal. At that site, all the prices are ridiculously low.

Two sheets of 729 FX SUPER ordered here in Finland WILL arrive sooner, that's for sure, but it will STILL run me perhaps 5 - 10 euro more than if I ordered it from the holy land of table tennis. So I am inclined to take the cheap option and wait.

The site is reputable and trustable, right?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I've ordered from them before,(eacheng) they got a rep to uphold.

Again, it if fine when one first starts TT to buy the bottom of the price list stuff, heck, I LOVED XP2008 for years on BH. But sooner or later, you move on to higher quality stuff. Only a few of the low price stuff is decent quality, Cole sorts out the bullcrap for everyone and makes it easy.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I've ordered from them before,(eacheng) they got a rep to uphold.

Again, it if fine when one first starts TT to buy the bottom of the price list stuff, heck, I LOVED XP2008 for years on BH. But sooner or later, you move on to higher quality stuff. Only a few of the low price stuff is decent quality, Cole sorts out the bullcrap for everyone and makes it easy.

Der_, I think he is thinking of buying the 896 blade with 2008XP on both sides. Is that right Archi? Der_, what do you think of that as a starting combo for someone who is, at the moment, playing with a premade rec racket that has dead rubbers? Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
says what [IMG]
Correct, Carl.

I discussed this with my dad, and he is against overseas especially from all the way from China.

Not that the firm is not trustable, but that the shipping could screw up etc. and then it'd be one hell of a thing to deal with. He does have a point, so I am still looking locally preferably.

This user has no status.
you could try tt11 and they are very reliable internationally. They shift from estonia and usually reach europe less than a week. The previous 2 times they shiped to UK free of charge using DHL express which is trackable. To reduce the price, you could ask your friends if they want to buy anything as there are 25% discounts if you buy over 250 euros worth of blades and rubbers. This discount is in steps starting at 5% at 50 euros and increases by 5% every additional 50 euro. They also do gluing and lacquering for you if you want so you dont have to do it yourself if youre not confident. The only problem is that you may not find what you're looking for as they tend to deal with more popular products used in intermediate and advance level of play. Hence you can probably only find popular chinese rubbers like H3 NEO instead of Dawei products. They have friendship rubbers but not all of them. You could get Friendship fx blusponge at 10 euros each. As for beginner blades, Im a big fan of Stiga allround CR and evolution which are 36 and 40 euros each. ATM there is a clearance offer for Yasaka Sweden Classic at 22 euros which i hear is great as well. The great thing about these blades are that it can last you to intermedate level as you only have to change the rubber as you progress. Meanning these are cheap long term investments. Assuming you go yasaka and friendship, total is 42 euros without the step discount. Not sure if they will ship FOC to you but I think they will.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

That Sweden Classic blade is very nice and that deal sounds great with the Friendship rubbers. The blade and rubbers are both quite good. A step up from 896 and 2008XP.

If you can get one friend to go in with you and get the same bargain deal, then I think shipping will be free.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Just to add on about taxes and shipping,

If im not mistaken, TT11 ships from Estonia which is part of the EU economic area. Finland is part of this group too therefore the tax you have to pay should only be VAT which is already incorporated into the price. Meaning the 42euro deal is the final sum assuming you dont have to pay additional tax which i dont think you do (not familiar with Finnish tax laws). They also ship for free worldwide if u place an order of 70euro and above so if you can get another friend to get the same thing, all you have to pay is 42 euro which is a good deal.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I'm beginning to think that buying 'used' is a possibility in this case. I'm sure there are plenty of european EJs who are trying to get rid of gently used rubbers/blades - it sounds like pretty much anything will be an improvement.

Also - I checked japsko.se store and it does sell inexpensive chinese blades/rubbers, so you can get full setup for ~50Eur (shipping for blade and 2 rubbers shows up as ~5Eur for me, which sounds reasonable). You can probably find bargains at tabletennis11 as well, and they are pretty much next door to Finland.

P.S. I blame my current tendency to flat hit on playing far too long with the same premade after rubbers turned slick. Fix it or live with consequences. Being able to loop with anti might be an impressive skill in itself, but your efforts are better spent elsewhere.

Reactions: ttmonster
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Now Archi, go find someone who wants a decent racket. That Sweden Classic blade with those Friendship rubbers will be good stuff and the Friendship rubbers should last longer than the 2008XP. That is the drawback to that rubber. It oxidizes faster than one would want. But it is still the best $8.00 rubber ever.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

says what [IMG]
It's going to be hard to convince someone to buy a decent setup, because pretty much no one here cares as much as I do. I don't think I could even explain in words why a good setup is so much better. :D

I'll have to go through the websites first, though. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
There are Swedish and German stores, and also one Finnish store that ships here, and the shipping costs are somewhat reasonable in the sub-10eur range for a few rubbers and a blade, instead of 25 eur shipping for just a rubber (Price of a few decent low end sheets!).

Only problem is, they basically only sell high end rubbers like Tenergy, Xiom, Stiga etc. I'd much rather spend just a little over 1/10 of the price on a sheet of tacky Chinese rubber that I like and that is more suited for my game, and the rest on another sheet and a decent blade. And maybe a few extra sheets. :rolleyes:

I have a lead for a job in the coming months, but there's no guarantee they'll need people. If I do land the job and own it, I'll make enough money to order a sheet of 2008XP everyday and not really feel it in the wallet.

Of course, life is not so simple. So I have to find more options for income right now. :(

You could give the shop Magic-Tischtennis in Bremen a try. They actually used to have the 2008xp but I couldn't find it, but they have a few other options from Dawei and a few others.

http://www.magic-tischtennis.de/Hoe...9a146c0227d78d6a8996249ed2abdceb&filter_id=36

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Silent Rain, normally, in Europe, all prices of anything 99% of the time include the tax, but that website said "Before shipping and taxes"

50 euros is a very very inexpensive price for a playable bat.

If he wanted to REALLY be inexpensive, he would take the time to get all the crappy glue and sponge from his premade and use that blade and slap on a few rubbers.

TT11 had several decent halfway modern rubbers in his price range that I highlighted that would fit in budget nicely.

I never worried about XP 2008 oxidizing. Yes, it tried to set a world record for oxidizing, but it was still playable even after 500-1000 hours, which is MANY times longer than many rubbers.

Carl has seen me play with such a sheet without issues, spin was huge still. I just had to make sure the topsheet wasn't dirty.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
That website in Breman that Suga D linked...

They got Aurus for 29,90... including tax and postal costs. The webpage said so on the bottom.

Alle Preise inkl. MwSt. und zzgl. Versandkosten.

That is an excellent cost if he even wants just ONE rubber for the FH, that sucka lasts almost forever, Carl has seen what I do with a years old wore out Aurus and it still brings the spin.

The LKT page shows Pro XP, Pro XT at 11,90 each and another one (Rapid) just a couple more... Two rubbers from there is a steal, 25 Euros including tax and shipping cost in Europe.

"Best of Five" company Impulse OFF- blade is 18,90 on sale there...

So from there, a complete bat... They should glue rubbers on and apply side tape for free, most places do that.

18,90 Impulse OFF - Blade
11,90 Rubber 1 Pro XP
11,90 Rubber 2 Pro XT

or a total of 6 Euros more for Rapid series LKT...

That is 43 to 49 Euros and withing 50 euro budget.

If you are patient and look around, you can get setup like that.

I am SURE that OFF - blade will play just FINE for Archo.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You could build a brand new "Der_Echte Special" (from that shop in Bremen) with a different blade (but same control class) with one of my favorite modern FH rubbers (Aurus) and a control rubber on BH for 61 Euros made and DELIVERED for just ten Teuros moar.

Such a bat could last a long time.