is anyone using Brian Pace's Table tennis DVD's

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
Hey Guys,
I am quite impressed by the methods of coaching by Brian Pace, after seeing his video uploads on You tube. Has any of you purchased some of his DVD's. I think the Forehand loop training DVD will be very beneficial..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
I am an everyday player not a professional that plays with some really good players where i play at. I have used others training places such as Table Tennis University which i also liked but i will say that Dynamic Table Tennis focuses in on the skills you will need to begin to make a presence for yourself immediately. I have purchased the Forehand Loop video and in about 3 weeks now i am making a big mark with my looping progress. I will purchase the back hand loop video next. You can loop against pretty much anything and if you are having trouble returning backspins/underspin etc learn the forehand loop. The better i am getting at my forehand loop the more i am learning that the forehand smash is overrated and the forehand drive is very basic. But if you know how to loop at a high level your confidence on the table will be through the roof and you will look forward to people sending you those shots you were afraid of before.

I am just now at the part of the forehand loop video that focuses on looping underspins and i can't wait to master that. underspins have been a probably for me and now that i am at the looping underspin portion of the training i am really looking forward to this. I just got a robot that rotates and sends topsins and underspins because i have outgrown my basic topspin robot. I am purchasing the Backhand loop video next. He teaches more of a system that you will utilize without even thinking.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I am also interested in knowing if the videos are really helpful.. is it worth the money? PingSkills also offers separate videos for serve and receive.. I think that is more interesting than FH or BH loop. Anybody tried those? Comments?

Well, "helpful" is a subjective word. It depends on what your game is lacking and whether you have determination to practice the lessons in the videos. If you find serve and serve receive more interesting that the loops, it's probably because those are the part of your game that needs immediate improvement.
As far as I know, there are two serving videos: Pingskill's and TabletennisMaster's. Both focus upon the mechanics of each serve. They are ok if you want to learn new serves. But both don't go beyond that, ie, how to set up your serves for attack, what to expect from each serve variation. In short, you need serving strategy. Brian Pace is currently working on his serve and serve receive videos. I'm lucky to have part 1 before it's released to the public. I must say that his video is an eye opener: he doesn't focus much on "how" to serve but points out important bits of info that are missing from other serve videos such as the height of ball contact, the quadrant of table that the ball must fall to get short/long serves. His video is systematic. You know the why and how to utilize the serves in your game.
I would recommend that you buy Pingskill's and Brian's videos. Both complement each other. (I did buy ALL Brian's, TabletennisMaster's and Pingskill's, haha)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Hi Jaspreet!

Brian Pace's Forehand loop training costs $ 39.99 * 54.98(Current $ to Rupee exchange rate) that makes it Rs 2198/-. Depending on the city you stay in India, at this cost you can afford a personal coach. Better hire a personal coach or join class. I have Tabletennis master forehand loop DVD and Killerspin DVD, they both are good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
Hi Jaspreet!

Brian Pace's Forehand loop training costs $ 39.99 * 54.98(Current $ to Rupee exchange rate) that makes it Rs 2198/-. Depending on the city you stay in India, at this cost you can afford a personal coach. Better hire a personal coach or join class. I have Tabletennis master forehand loop DVD and Killerspin DVD, they both are good.

Thanks for the feedback Vishal. May I know which state are you playing from