ITTF TrickShot Showdown: Josep Anton Velazquez

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think this trick shot video, contest is fun at first, but after a while it is boring to me (sorry to the ones that doesn't think so)

I know many people didn't bother to take part - as that time can be better used to "really promoted" table tennis in the local area - than oppose to help ITTF get youtube money. I fit into this category.

Last year, a lot of spam was done to get people to view, like etc. Seriously speaking - if the video is indeed cool and it got viral (which many participants video did), it should have millions of hits. But it did not, this shows that the trickshot is still very small - especially inside ITTF's existing database.

Take that Chuan and Saive exihbition (non ITTF event) from Taiwan - that went viral.

So will this trickshot promote table tennis?
imo, only a little. At first there is that "wow" factor, but after a way, things will get back to normal and table tennis is still nothing.

I feel even my 4 table photo - got more hits than most videos from last year. But what does that mean for the sport? nothing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 4 reviews
Hi, I think you're right Tonny, at least in the most cases, the trickshot contest is not achieving a global promotion (at the moment).

But in some cases like mine is totally diferent. In Spain I got special recognition of federation for my promotion task with table tennis. I have appeared several times in TV and millions of people watched this. Table tennis never before had reached this importance in the spanish media. I don't really know if this will suppose that more people starting to practice our sport in Spain (I hope so) but at least people know that in our country we play TT as a profesional sport also (not only chinese sport).

In my town I went to schools to do some exhibitions and boys and girls recognized me and this last year we have more childrens than ever before. Our club also is working in local promote table tennis so I dont know if TV has relation with our growth, but is sure that our public image is better now.

Anyway, personally don't see this contest this way. For me it's something really funny, I love table tennis, I love the "impossible" shots and the things we can do with a racket and a ball. And I love to show it to other people so they are impressed with table tennis. I did my first video only for fun, it's because of this that people encouraged me to participate in the contest last year. I'm very glad of promoting TT in my country but I dont participate in the contest for this cause.

This is the video about I talked before, my first tricks hehe:

Reactions: Pongfinity