ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
That was a very impressive performance by Alexis despite the loss. From bringing back game 1 down 4-8, and then still fighting hard despite being down 2-9 in the 5th (the last point being a missed serve), he showed poise and maturity.

FZD looked just ridiculously strong today, especially in the long rallies. Have to tip your hat to both men.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Anyone still think Gauzy should be replacing Alexis after watching this, regardless of the result?
Me. One match is not enough to change my perception. Alexis is a threat not only to China but also to Felix... LOL

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Ma Long is just not able to complete the higher level footwork anymore. He's been noticeably worse in covering his wide FH for a couple years now, and recently I noticed that he's also starting to have trouble with topspins to the middle and starting to show signs of issues with large in and out movements.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I was thinking ML is getting old, but Gauzy is even older, but turns out Gauzy is still in his prime!
Gauzy was still in WJTTC in 2011, it is easy to forget this. For kicks, remember that Koki Niwa who has retired from national team play because of the competition is about the same age.

Reactions: dingyibvs
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Gauzy was still in WJTTC in 2011, it is easy to forget this. For kicks, remember that Koki Niwa who has retired from national team play because of the competition is about the same age.
I remember Koki's age, as I remember him beating LGY in the WTTC I think and then losing the next year to a young up and comer named Fan Zhendong.

Koki was a joy to watch, his chop block against Fang Bo still lives in infamy on the Chinese internet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Gauzy is still just a bad match up against ML. His trickery doesn't confuse ML, and he lacks the speed and power and plays too far back to take advantage of ML's decreased athleticism.

I'm a bit conflicted. I want to see more TT, but I'm a big ML fan and want him to go out of likely his last WTTTC with a win.